Submit your beats to our regular battles - the winner starts the next battle!

best flip?

25%
50%
25%
By pk1 Tue Feb 13, 2018 4:28 pm
Lets see what we got here....
Not a big turnout.
Vote will go for two days.
of course you don't vote for self..
let us here what you though of the tracks

CHOPFYT

Dez nyce

fortune d

Good Luck fellas
:worthy:
By pk1 Tue Feb 13, 2018 4:41 pm
so i took a quick listen to tracks...

Welcome to the battles fortunate d... but what is your submission? I took a listen to your "tagline" track (full EP) and it was pretty dope. was looking forward to hearing what you did with this sample since you had such strong chops in those beats...
By CHOPFYT Tue Feb 13, 2018 6:24 pm
I voted for myself because A) That other shit is wack and B) i dont give a ****
By Psychedelic Schizophrenic Wed Feb 14, 2018 8:34 pm
Small turnout but good work people, hopefully I can get back for the next battle :smoker:

Right lets break it down

CHOPFYT - Really nice work on the drums man, real head nodder :nod: Really nice flow and good change ups mate. Loving the scratches over the top, would of been dope to hear you freestyle some more cuts over the top :smoker: Stellar work tho

Dez nyce - Dope work Dez, coming through again with the gritty style 90s NY boom bap drums and a chest pumping bassline, they really enhance the choice of sample chops. Well done and excellent stuff mate

fortune d - Welcome to the battle man, it's always good to have new blood joining in. Great first entry man, really well done would of sounded dope if you mixed the 1st section up with the second part for a change up as the second part sounded a little too busy for me but a good job tho dude :smoker:

My vote would of gone to CHOPFYT but as he decided to break the rules :fku: :fku: :fku: , my vote to Dez on this round. Congrats man :smoker:

By MPCWeapon1 Thu Feb 15, 2018 12:05 am
CHOPFYT wrote:I voted for myself because A) That other **** is wack and B) i dont give a ****

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I felt that way on a couple of battles. Especially when I freaked that raggedy ass African song and added some synth elements to clean it up and make it funky, The person that won that battle didnt even really use the samples to make the beat. It was dope beat though.

Yeah, when I think I had the best beat I just don't vote. I dont feel right voting for myself. But I feel you though. I aint mad at you.
By MPCWeapon1 Thu Feb 15, 2018 12:08 am
I voted for Fortune. He flipped the sample 3 different ways. Intoxicating chops. I think he was just flexing his chopping skills. If that was the case - thats why he got my vote.

All the beats were dope though. Good work yall.
By saltmcgault Thu Feb 15, 2018 3:26 am
props on all the entries! it was a coin flip between dez and chop. i went with dez. he’s been pumpin out some nasty $hit lately. well deserved wins notched on the belt. chop that “yes yes” track on your fartcloud page is dope! hopefully dez has some more gems for BB190 welcome to the battles fortune and a more than worthy 1st entry. :nod:
By fortunadely Thu Feb 15, 2018 11:24 am
pk1 wrote:so i took a quick listen to tracks...

Welcome to the battles fortunate d... but what is your submission? I took a listen to your "tagline" track (full EP) and it was pretty dope. was looking forward to hearing what you did with this sample since you had such strong chops in those beats...

yo pk1 whatup! appreciated! i dont know what you mean, my submission is right here :D

Thanks Schizophrenic for the great feedback :)

And MPCWeapen, you're my man B)
By dez perado Thu Feb 15, 2018 2:52 pm
I also voted for CHOPFYT. Starting to dig as we speak
By pk1 Thu Feb 15, 2018 3:58 pm
fortunadely wrote:
yo pk1 whatup! appreciated! i dont know what you mean, my submission is right here :D

just curious at why you took the route of just rewriting the sample. no filter no drums nothing to make it your own creation. you just change the sequence of the track. which sounded great. if you would have submitted earlier i would have just chopped up your track for sample usage. not knocking you just curious. it got more pull then i thought it would.

and this...
CHOPFYT wrote:I voted for myself because A) That other shit is wack and B) i dont give a ****

is how you make your last entry in the mpc-forum battles.

congrats Dez. lookin for a PM.
By CHOPFYT Thu Feb 15, 2018 6:01 pm
The ****?...you barring me from entering?...

Thanks for the vote Dez guess you can take some friendly competition :wink:
By fortunadely Thu Feb 15, 2018 8:17 pm
pk1 wrote:just curious at why you took the route of just rewriting the sample. no filter no drums nothing to make it your own creation. you just change the sequence of the track. which sounded great. if you would have submitted earlier i would have just chopped up your track for sample usage. not knocking you just curious. it got more pull then i thought it would.

1. there are filters all over the place to let it sound more exciting (general eq, compressor on bass, overdrive in the highs)
2. it felt right for me. i thought it just sounded good as it is, there is no need to force new drum sounds on it, i didnt felt anything to put on. it would have been something way else if the sample was something different. i dont go for most manipulating, i go for best music
By pk1 Thu Feb 15, 2018 9:12 pm
Word. Nothing wrong with a different approach. Dez sent me samples an hour or so ago. I'm almost back to house and will load up next round.