Submit your beats to our regular battles - the winner starts the next battle!

Best Track?

40%
N/A
N/A
60%
By Psychedelic Schizophrenic Tue Mar 06, 2018 3:09 pm
Sorry for the absent just been busy but as usual another week and really dope entries for the battle :smoker:
As per normal the vote will run till Thursday (2 Day vote)

All feedback and constructive criticism welcome, so let these guys know what you thought of their tracks.
Can the winner please have a sample ready for us for Thursday, so we can keep these rolling smoothly.

Reefer Madness

MPCFIEND

Cockdiesel

dez perado

Good luck fellas :smoker:
By Cockdiesel Tue Mar 06, 2018 4:03 pm
Reefer- nice clean mix, sounds great. Maybe some more change ups or differnt drum patterns. Pretty solid though.

Fiend- nice phat mix. Love the drums bangin, and samples used. I think all of us can use more change ups within in beat.

Dez- man, love the vibe. Real creative stuff, nice transitions. Only con I see is maybe the mix, you mixed your track better than I, I think, but the other guys just sound a little cleaner. Could be harder to mix depending on the setup too.

I went with dez because that vibe he’s got going on. The others were nice and sounded clean but I think dez was all around more solid.
By pk1 Tue Mar 06, 2018 4:48 pm
:worthy: Good looking out Psych! :worthy:
By Reefer Madness Wed Mar 07, 2018 1:06 pm
@MPCWeapon Congrats for the last one - dope sample choice!
@MPCFiend: Dope loop and drums. Good feeling in general.
@ Cockdiesel: Nice track and good change ups with the drums, very nice and clean, though the loop doubles up sometimes guess it´s because of heavy filtering/reverb usage. Really diggin the whole vibe.
@Dez: Nice song structure and dope change ups beetween samples and new and old scool! My fav!
Sorry just had very few time to get down but wanted to send yáll a proof of life :)
By dez perado Wed Mar 07, 2018 1:33 pm
I went with reefer madness because of his sample intricacy. Some dope sounding layers going on. Everyone else posted a dope solid entry in their own right.
By Cockdiesel Wed Mar 07, 2018 3:13 pm
The loop doubling up was more intentional. I’m more of a synth guy and it was hard to get the samples into my style. It did sound like sh!t tho. I’ll agree. Had a hard time with this track maybe next week.
By Psychedelic Schizophrenic Thu Mar 08, 2018 3:30 pm
pk1 wrote: :worthy: Good looking out Psych! :worthy:

No worries man :smoker:

Nice one to the dudes that took the time and dropped feedback on the tracks, props :worthy:

Some really dope beats in this round, wonder who will get my vote

Reefer Madness - Really nice job with the sample layering and that bassline was bumping dude, agree with everyone else it needs a change up here and there, also maybe copy the sequence and switch the drums up but other then that it was dope dude :smoker:

MPCFIEND - Welcome to the battle man, nice to have new blood entering and a was a great solid entry. It was a really dope loop and great work on the drums as well. Like the above track it just need a few change ups and switch the drums up but apart from that it was a dope first entry :smoker:

Cockdiesel - A really solid entry mate, I was waiting and praying for a heavy bass filled drop after the intro and man you didn't disappoint :worthy: I'm loving the heavy bass style it really brings out the sample nicely. Excellent job :smoker:

Dez perado - Really digging the old school boom bap 90s vibe coupled and twisted with trap style drumage, a really dope concept that worked so well so props on that. Really dope chops on the sample, my favourite beat you done so far dude :smoker:

It came down to Reefer and Dez for my vote but Dez just edged it for me

Congrats mate :smoker:
By pk1 Thu Mar 08, 2018 6:33 pm
I've hit Dez up on a PM nothing yet..
By Reefer Madness Thu Mar 08, 2018 8:10 pm
Cockdiesel wrote:The loop doubling up was more intentional. I’m more of a synth guy and it was hard to get the samples into my style. It did sound like sh!t tho. I’ll agree. Had a hard time with this track maybe next week.

Don‘t go hard on yourself. Your track does not sound like shit. It‘ s just i thingy i recognised and would optimize in your next Version. We don‘t do feedback to lick each other balls, we want to grow as producers , right :nod: much love and respect

Congratz dez :worthy: let‘ roll the next one :smoker: :smoker: :smoker:
By Cockdiesel Thu Mar 08, 2018 8:45 pm
Yea let’s roll.
I wasn’t being to hard, had some stupid issues I could’ve avoided so I couldn’t mix the track as planned.
By pk1 Thu Mar 08, 2018 9:44 pm
:popcorn: someone send me a download link to a proper sample....