Submit your beats to our regular battles - the winner starts the next battle!

best track?

29%
N/A
N/A
43%
29%
N/A
N/A
By pk1 Wed Mar 14, 2018 12:17 am
Alright thanks for your patience guys.
but a cpl other were able to take advantage of the extra time.So it works out.
Drop your tracks in this thread guys we still want to hear em.

Alright lets get down to business.

Quickstrike

Psychedelic Schizophrenic

Dez nyce

ivoryviking

Oskarr

J.O.Beats

COCKDIESEL

Winner please have your sample and rules for next battle ready by tomorrow night. we will only run this vote for a day.

good luck y'all :popcorn:
By Psychedelic Schizophrenic Wed Mar 14, 2018 4:08 pm
Some really dope beats this week, so props to everyone that entered. :worthy: I'm not going to get time to give everyone feedback this week. :( It was really hard to just vote for one as everyone did a wicked job but it came down to a 3 beat showdown between PK1, J.O Beats and Dez. My vote went to PK1 in the end just purely on head nodding, real dope beat dude :smoker:

Looking forward to the next round.
By Cockdiesel Wed Mar 14, 2018 4:25 pm
My choice was between quick strike and ivory. All were dope in their own way but those two had the vibe for. Quick stike seemed like it just needed “more but I had to take into consideration the visuals.
So he got my vote. Everyone was solid this week too. Hopefully have time to get a better mix next time.
By pk1 Wed Mar 14, 2018 4:46 pm
Quick i dig the idea of showing your spot. just a stroll threw your city while your track plays. I think ill byte that if i have time and try something similar. Your sample manipulation is always phenomenal. even if its simple. the sound is great and melodies always groove.

Psych i dig this track. not really when you first posted. But after sitting downing really listening, i dig it much more. damn thing needs a bass line though. And some breakups with the drums. nice one.

Dez big ups on another win. nice samples as well. thanks. like how you stacked those horns for hook and intro. didn't really feel the over all groove imo. mix was clean, i think i just wanted to hear that horn more.

Ivoryviking you really need to step your game up. melody was gay and the vocals where to loud and slightly ahead of the beat. :fku:

oskarr Nice man! Lyte! nice choice for vox. track is really dope. Id want to hear the drums hitting harder. they are a little to far back in the mix. and the bass needs more low end. RBass would be your best friend on both those drums and bass tracks. track is fire though.

j.o. beats Nice to hear you back. dig the track. melody was real nice. the little guitar riff you drop every so often is dope really adds that element to beat from being repetitive. mix needs a little work imo. but real dope track

Diesel - mix is Great man! sound good. hats are a touch high imo. kick has a chest punch. needs a bass line too.
over all nice sound even though i can't stand anything trapish. (I'm an old man) the beat is def clean.

gotta give it to OSKARR!
By Oskarr Wed Mar 14, 2018 11:48 pm
I went with Ivory. It was close between him and Psychedelic. Thanks for the feedback. I will probably fix the mix and reupload for posterity. I didn't realize how messed up my mix was until I did the car test later that day. Dope samples lately and I hope whoever takes it continues this trend.
By pk1 Thu Mar 15, 2018 1:56 am
Hey guys, thanks for votes. the vote ended earlier then should. I'm not able to pick a certain time just in days. Any how please feel free to continue the vote with your post.
Ill go to the vinyl to dig. if nobody else votes to get a different winner ill get next battle up around ten my time.
By pk1 Thu Mar 15, 2018 4:24 am
its quite here and Im tired so I'm going to go drop the next battle here at 9pm.

side note:
not sure about you non US guys with netflix. but i watched a great movie on a jazz musician Chet Baker. movie was "born to be blue". a really good movie about a really bad ass jazz trumpet. if you can check it out, do. let me know what you think

jazz is a pretty awesome genre to research. very special moment of music. I don't really like to listen to much jazz myself personally. although its very complex at times, very boring to me. It doesn't move me. I respect it, dig it, and love to sample it but just not the best daily groove for me. Anyhow, main reason brought it up cause i was gonna use some Donald Byrd for this weeks samples. i can listen to this guy allot. I couldn't find the record so decided to just Russian roulette it. so i grabbed three random records spun em up and grabbed first dope track i herd off each... hold up, im wrong.. i purposely chose the bob james record, and THAT track for a throwback that i hope all of you know what it is within the first bar! see y'all next round
By Psychedelic Schizophrenic Thu Mar 15, 2018 8:12 pm
pk1 wrote:Psych i dig this track. not really when you first posted. But after sitting downing really listening, i dig it much more. damn thing needs a bass line though. And some breakups with the drums. nice one.

Thanks for the feedback mate its really much appreciated. Really wasn't sure about throwing it up for the battle to be honest as its still in a really rough draft stage but I thought **** it. Really didn't like when I first made it but its kind of grown on me, hopefully will go back and finish it one day

pk1 wrote:not sure about you non US guys with netflix. but i watched a great movie on a jazz musician Chet Baker. movie was "born to be blue". a really good movie about a really bad ass jazz trumpet. if you can check it out, do. let me know what you think

Thanks for the heads up man, will see if I can get it on netflix here in the UK :smoker:
By Chillin Fri Mar 16, 2018 4:05 am
Hmmm, I jumped in a bit late. I would have voted for Oskarr. It’s bringing back memories of the early 90’s. This one was basically ready for release. :nod:

COCKDIESEL was great too, nice mixed and composed. You took it to a higher level.

ivoryviking, no offense but the progressive notes were off.
By pk1 Fri Mar 16, 2018 6:36 am
No offense felt. Please reiterate what you mean with progressive notes. And them being off. I'm ignorant to what you mean.