Submit your beats to our regular battles - the winner starts the next battle!
By pk1 Thu Mar 15, 2018 4:25 am
so i recorded these at 45 rpm old school low ram style. just pitch up to get original. i also recorded em threw the mpc3000 preset on my ren.

Samples:https://www.dropbox.com/s/agrod170xznnlfr/bb193.zip?dl=0

Rules:
Must use one of given samples.
Vst, bass ok
vst instruments ok
vst efx ok to use.
(mentioning these rules like this cause i wanna start changing them up when wanted. like no vet's.)
beat needs to be loaded by Monday night the 19th
please put bb193 in title of your track.
post in this thread with a soundcloud or youtube link.
good luck fellas.
:popcorn:
By martel80 Thu Mar 15, 2018 12:47 pm
''It's the return of the Wild Style fashionist
Smashing hits, make it hard to adapt to this''

Just as he announced a new album ...

Aaaaah, Thanks for the throw back Thursday :worthy:

I'm in.
By Psychedelic Schizophrenic Thu Mar 15, 2018 8:13 pm
Congrats on the win PK1 :smoker:
Looking forward to seeing what I can come up for this weeks battle.
By pk1 Thu Mar 15, 2018 8:19 pm
martel80 wrote:Just as he announced a new album ...

nice. where did you hear the announcement? i don't see it in a search.

Psychedelic Schizophrenic wrote:Congrats on the win PK1 :smoker:
Looking forward to seeing what I can come up for this weeks battle.

thx brotha. hope to hear yall kill some beats. :worthy:
By MPCWeapon1 Thu Mar 15, 2018 10:12 pm
Kept it simple. The horn section of the first song caught my attention so I had to freak it and convert it to a hip hop form.

By martel80 Thu Mar 15, 2018 10:40 pm
pk1 wrote:nice. where did you hear the announcement? i don't see it in a search.

In The Source or XXL before X-mas
By pk1 Thu Mar 15, 2018 10:51 pm
i was being lazy and just saved the whole MPC sample session. so i gave y'all my saved mpc file. did you just open it in your touch? im sure it said something about my vst's that i have load as a template not loading for you. unless you had those same plugins. did it still open fine? I use waves Rverb on send 1, and waves h-delay on send 2. I also have the Nomad magnum 2 tape emulator on master. just curious of how many of you just loaded up the program and start from there..
By Cockdiesel Thu Mar 15, 2018 11:29 pm
Standalone here but I’m pretty sure they loaded up in the live. Obviously missing vst
By MPCWeapon1 Fri Mar 16, 2018 12:26 am
I sample right from the Dropbox app on my phone to The Live.
By martel80 Fri Mar 16, 2018 12:54 am
I'm starting from scratch on my s3000 and chopping some big part and sending them in section to be played in midi by my 2kxl.
I dont even know how to do what youre saying.
I think I'll add some extra instruments that I'll send from my pc.
The deadline is very motivational to me.
Question, can we ad an acapella or thats strictly instrumental ?
By dez perado Fri Mar 16, 2018 5:50 pm
congratulations on the W. well deserved.gonna check the samples out now
By Chillin Fri Mar 16, 2018 11:40 pm
Nice nice nice, I will play along with this one.

By Cockdiesel Sat Mar 17, 2018 2:40 pm
What iOS app are you using to unzip the file from Dropbox? I’d rather not have to turn on a computer to get the samples.

I’ll see if I can get something going tonight, if not I’ll have to wait until the next round. Too busy this last week.

Martel- it said in the rules page no accapellas, but it must have changed before I started doing these. If you listen to last weeks entries the winner had an accapellas on his track. Another entry had one too. I don’t think it matters, just post whatever vibe you got going.
By MPCWeapon1 Sat Mar 17, 2018 2:48 pm
I use the Dropbox app on my android. If you're using an iPhone download the WinZip app.

That second song that Rakim sampled has some dope sounds. I might make another beat when I get home using that record.
By pk1 Sat Mar 17, 2018 4:39 pm
martel80 wrote:I'm starting from scratch on my s3000 and chopping some big part and sending them in section to be played in midi by my 2kxl.
I dont even know how to do what youre saying.
I think I'll add some extra instruments that I'll send from my pc.
The deadline is very motivational to me.
Question, can we ad an acapella or thats strictly instrumental ?

I actually dig that you don't know what im talking about. your on the OG setup. In the zip file that .XPJ file is for the new MPC's. A few of the guys on these battles have the newer ones. All they needed to do was click on that file and the three samples would load up in their MP's just like if you sat sampled those on your XL. And where ready to start chopping. Not like its a big deal to have that file. Any of those with newer units would still just be able to drag the samples to the MP and it would be in the same state.

Yes accapellas are fine. Ive noticed when people fill the whole track with the vocal. its less liked then with out. Cause we generally want to hear what you did with samples and beat.. These aren't remix battles. (although if you win a round and thats what you wanna do for next round, then remix battle it would be. or country music battle) this battle sess here on these forums is real friendly and we attempt to be pretty open and fair. In the past heads would get challenging with rules. like no outside sounds from sample, or no VST instruments. We really just allow you to do what you want. How its liked is another story. Cpl guys always make more of a house or dance track. And all though they are put together really good. they don't get much for votes because most of us here lean more towards the classic golden era. No body really hates on a trap track but they tend to not get the votes that a solid break beat track would. then again trapish style beats will win when they are doper then the rest. Long winded but i think you get the point.

Our judgment on vote thread should be about what was done with samples to create your beat. Videos, and added acapellas should not be part of the judgement at this point. just cool add ons, to show some of your skills. We just started allowing the youtube submissions. just for fun. anyway welcome to the battle looking forward to hearing tracks..