Submit your beats to our regular battles - the winner starts the next battle!

Best track?

9%
9%
9%
36%
N/A
27%
9%
By MPCWeapon1 Wed Mar 28, 2018 6:35 pm
martel80 wrote:
Cockdiesel wrote:Naw not salty bro, just pointing out the weird condescending vibe you got going. Maybe just a weird sense of humor who knows.

You seem to mix condescension with me underlining the fact that some of you quoted that a badly mixed beat is qualified to be judge at the same level as a finished and well balanced product .

Not only that but I've even read someone quoting ''like it was done back in the days'' or something like that.

hahahaha

I was thinking : '' men, which freaking track EVER sounded that distorted !?''

:lol:

Yes, I'm mocking your arses but not because I feel supperior but because you tell yourself your too lazy to give a respectful post processing treatment to your own art.

Why would I give it any respect ( to your art ) if you dont have any your own self ?

EDIT:
Here, multiple 5$ options:
https://www.fiverr.com/categories/music ... ring/music

You guys just have no reason to be like the guy in the mastering video.

The SP 1200 ring modulation on the Rhodes chords is what made it sound distorted, and that was on purpose. Had nothing to do with clipping. Mr "expert engineer"

This was the only dynamic mixing I did for a beat battle but it was to dirty it up to go up against your polished mix to prove a point.... But you were a no show... That's why I have no respect for critics. I didnt even have to beat you.. You beat yourself by not showing up. Beating yourself is the worst kind of defeat.
By Cockdiesel Wed Mar 28, 2018 6:45 pm
To some extent I agree with you and we all have differnt criteria for how we judge the beats. I’m cool with that.

I don’t feel people aren’t respecting their own music if they post what they’ve been working on finished or Not. At least they made the effort to share, inspire learn.

We may differ in that view.
By Cockdiesel Wed Mar 28, 2018 6:47 pm
Not sure if he was mentioning that in particular. It was my favorite part btw.
I think I’m going to make the rest of beats on the sp and cassette so dude can post dj mix videos and think he’s talking shit...
By martel80 Wed Mar 28, 2018 6:52 pm
MPCWeapon1 wrote:
Cockdiesel wrote:Naw not salty bro, just pointing out the weird condescending vibe you got going. Maybe just a weird sense of humor who knows.

Homie was a no-show. The critic didn't even try to compete.

He should realize that engineering and beat making are two different skill sets. If engineering skills transferred over to making beats then Young Guru would be the greatest producer of all time.

I was the one providing the samples
You wanted me to compete ? :lol:

You are right that sound engineering and beat making is 2 different skill set.
So let me tell you that a distortion plugin doesn't go on the master bus.
And the red light on top of your masterbus doesnt mean ''good'' neither.
By martel80 Wed Mar 28, 2018 6:54 pm
Cockdiesel wrote:Not sure if he was mentioning that in particular. It was my favorite part btw.
I think I’m going to make the rest of beats on the sp and cassette so dude can post dj mix videos and think he’s talking ****...

Yeah, I was planing on putting an overdrive on my master bus for the next battle as well. :lol:
By Cockdiesel Wed Mar 28, 2018 6:56 pm
If you actually read what he was saying he used the sp effect on his Rhodes. I love the sound of the sp.
By martel80 Wed Mar 28, 2018 7:17 pm
And I love distortion burying my sounds. :lol:

All right, enough of the mocking, lets go guys, raise your game.

You can do it, I believe in you.
By Cockdiesel Wed Mar 28, 2018 7:19 pm
what to your level? I don’t think anyone here can bro.
By S.I.C.K THE DRUMGOD Wed Mar 28, 2018 7:20 pm
Today is my born day(46).I just purchased my new rack mount recorder.It arrives MONDAY!!!! Back to these beats.
By martel80 Wed Mar 28, 2018 7:22 pm
Cockdiesel wrote:what to your level? I don’t think anyone here can bro.

Yes you can, very easily.

If I can do it, anyone can do it.

And i would be the first one to share all my secrets if you were to ask.
By martel80 Wed Mar 28, 2018 7:23 pm
S.I.C.K THE DRUMGOD wrote:Today is my born day(46).I just purchased my new rack mount recorder.It arrives MONDAY!!!! Back to these beats.

Awesome, what did you buy ?
By MPCWeapon1 Wed Mar 28, 2018 7:27 pm

Whatever "no-show'... Real hip hop will crush commercialized music any day. Too bad you lacked the confidence in your commercialized music to show up and compete.

Go join an engineering battle. Maybe thats more of your lane.
By saltmcgault Wed Mar 28, 2018 7:44 pm
:popcorn:
By martel80 Wed Mar 28, 2018 7:54 pm
MPCWeapon1 wrote:

Whatever "no-show'... Real hip hop will crush commercialized music any day. Too bad you lacked the confidence in your commercialized music to show up and compete.

Go join an engineering battle. Maybe thats more of your lane.

I was the one providing the sample, that would be unfair for me to participate.
But to compete against you over a distorted dissonant track was everyone else victory. There was no point on me participating to beat you.
I remember that kid when I was young, he wanted to play left wing in my hockey team.
We all thought he was a very good goalie.
But he insisted and pointed out that he had a better slap shot then all of us.
We all felt guilty when we reminded him he was 5'2 and weighting a little under 200 pounds.

Real hip hop doesnt mean you need to sound like the crack head selling his mixtape at the corner of the street rapping with his hand on top of the head of his poped out sm58 screen.
Even tho' they started in block party pluged to light electric wires, there was some development through time.
Making excuses for your lack of capacity in a crucial aspect of an audio art is living in denial.
You could turn those battle in a learning curve and try to step your game up.

So stop the excuses and learn your craft.

You could start by reading this :
http://dynamicrangeday.co.uk/about/
By Cockdiesel Wed Mar 28, 2018 8:30 pm
Martel I think you’re a bit off base. You may not like the sound but there’s a world of difference from the loudness wars and a sp 1200....

we all have differnt systems, gear and styles bro. It’s not that hard unless you really only judge music by how it’s mixed which is cool too man.

There’s no reason to come of elitist about the shit. The guy literally used a “distortion” effect on a sample and you didn’t like it.

He’s not an uneducated idiot for that in my book.

I have an analog filter I’m learning To use the eq on it ,sorry I’m trying to learn to mix with just it and my Mpc. I guess I have to upgrade to some high end daw after I move and get all unpacked to get any feedback on my music.