Submit your beats to our regular battles - the winner starts the next battle!

Best track?

9%
9%
9%
36%
N/A
27%
9%
By pk1 Tue Mar 27, 2018 2:40 pm
Lets get this vote on.

Vote will go for two days ending WED. night.
Must vote for other contestant.
Winner please have sample and rules ready WED night.
If possible leave feed back

Quickstrike

COCKDIESEL

Dez nyce

MPCWeapon

Psychedelic Schizophrenic

Ivoryviking

saltmcgault

Good Luck :mrgreen:
By Psychedelic Schizophrenic Tue Mar 27, 2018 7:25 pm
Dope work guys, looking forward to given everyones beats a proper listen on monitors and some feedback :smoker:
By Cockdiesel Tue Mar 27, 2018 11:20 pm
Quick- well done, sounds good and everything but vibe wasn’t there as it usually is with yours.

Myself- mix seemed way off to me. Might come back to this to make a proper keygroup out of them flutes. Prolly not something most here vibe with, but whatever

Dez- you got the start of a fire ass beat there. Not the usual flavor it not bad by any means.

Mpcweapon- man you’ve been killing it lately. Put together nicely and just had the vibe going on. You got my vote this week and would’ve last week too.

Skitzo- I really envy how clean of mix’es some of you guys are getting. Nice clean beat, well done. Not my particular vibe, but still very well done.

Ivory- solid beat man, love the turntable getting brought in too. This would have been my second place vote. Solid as **** , just vibed with mpc’s A little more.

Salt- the beat was really well made and sounded nice, I just seemed like a bit too much of that vocal. Just my personal taste, it was hard for me to vibe with.

Great submissions in general. Lots of differnt takes on those dope samples.
By MPCWeapon1 Wed Mar 28, 2018 1:04 am
Thanks Keith and C-Diesel.

I wanted to make a gritty, grimy beat.. He had exotic clean samples so thankfully I studied Q Tip's production on Mobb Deeps album(give up the goods & Temperature's Rising) and knew how to make smooth exotic samples sound gritty.

My vote went to Cockdiesel because thats the kind of beat I originally planned on making but couldn't pull it off.. He did pull it off and it sounds dope. Props to that man.
By dez perado Wed Mar 28, 2018 2:43 am
I went with Ivory on this one but it was a tough one between him and MPC Weapon
By Psychedelic Schizophrenic Wed Mar 28, 2018 2:01 pm
Some really dope entries this week so props to everyone that entered :worthy: Thanks for the feedback Cockdiesel :smoker:

Quickstrike - Really dope work on the flip, sounded clean and was a real head nodder. Drums were spot on was just lacking a bassline to put the icing on the cake so to speak. Apart from that it's a solid dope entry

Cockdiesel - Dope work work man, loved the intro was waiting for some massive drop then some kind of drum & bass rollage to smash though the speakers, but it never happened :cry: After a few more listens what you did actually grew on me, so I forgive you :lol: Overall a really solid beat mate

Dez nyce - Dope I really like this mate, I was feeling it from start to finish but it would off sounded better with out the flute sample but that just down to personal taste I guess. Overall a dope effort man :smoker:

MPCWeapon - Man did you bring the heat on this round, love the dark, gritty, grimey straight out the cesspit vibe you brought to the table. Was a super dope entry mate, looking forward to hearing you knocking out more heat like this :smoker:

Big Psych - Really need to step your shit up and stop entering half finished tracks :lol:

PK1 - Real dope entry, you raped, pillaged and burnt the MPC in true Viking tradition. Loved the little scratch it give the track so more flavour. Not a negative thing to say so excellent work dude

Saltmcgault - Well what can I say apart from Thar she blows!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: Really dig the vocal chops on here dude, really well done with the drums they where dope too. Overall another solid beat :smoker:

It was a super close tough one between MPCWeapon and PK1 this week, but my vote went to PK1 on this round, congrats mate :smoker:

Looking forward to the next round
By pk1 Wed Mar 28, 2018 2:17 pm
Nice tracks fellas.
really liked dev, Weapons. Weapon the synth was not in key with sample though. I tried to get a bass and a key board on mine as well. No matter what i did to the pitch of the kontakt. i couldn't get it to sound in key. Even after running the finished chops threw Keyfinder and Traktor. anyway still nice tracks.
By MPCWeapon1 Wed Mar 28, 2018 4:03 pm
pk1 wrote:Nice tracks fellas.
really liked dev, Weapons. Weapon the synth was not in key with sample though. I tried to get a bass and a key board on mine as well. No matter what i did to the pitch of the kontakt. i couldn't get it to sound in key. Even after running the finished chops threw Keyfinder and Traktor. anyway still nice tracks.

I filtered out the bass from the sample with the MPC LIve's dope LPF.

Be careful not to follow the rules of music theory to a tee. I knew I was working with a melodic bass line so my chord progression is going to establish the tonality without any real dissonance. If it was a basic bass that fell on the down beat as a root for the chords then I would have needed to detect the key of the song. With melodic bass lines you just need to play what feels good. I liked the dissonance between the chord progression and the chorus though.

Props to everybody. I loved everybody beats. Shout out to QuickStrike I always respect the person who jumps out there first and gives everybody a chance to try to make a better beat.
By martel80 Wed Mar 28, 2018 4:25 pm
Good job Dez, PK and Quick.

Quick, the end of your beat was fabulous, I would've wanted to hear some more.

Dez got my vote, perfect Golden Era style, clean with just enough dirt.

My second pick was PK, again, acceptable mix good ideas.

Quick , did you layer your hand slapping a student desk over that kick ?

Next battle I'm coming Happy Hardcore style on those drums to fit the lot.

By Cockdiesel Wed Mar 28, 2018 5:40 pm
Ahh the peanut gallery... where were you at man? Thought you dedicated last week to your son?

Ah well, I have a feeling your going to get butt hurt when one of our in unprofessional, headphone or too dirty mixes beats the pants off your lullabies...
By martel80 Wed Mar 28, 2018 6:02 pm
Cockdiesel wrote:Ahh the peanut gallery... where were you at man? Thought you dedicated last week to your son?

Ah well, I have a feeling your going to get butt hurt when one of our in unprofessional, headphone or too dirty mixes beats the pants off your lullabies...

That salt tho'
:lol:

By Cockdiesel Wed Mar 28, 2018 6:11 pm
Naw not salty bro, just pointing out the weird condescending vibe you got going. Maybe just a weird sense of humor who knows.
By martel80 Wed Mar 28, 2018 6:21 pm
Cockdiesel wrote:Naw not salty bro, just pointing out the weird condescending vibe you got going. Maybe just a weird sense of humor who knows.

You seem to mix condescension with me underlining the fact that some of you quoted that a badly mixed beat is qualified to be judge at the same level as a finished and well balanced product .

Not only that but I've even read someone quoting ''like it was done back in the days'' or something like that.

hahahaha

I was thinking : '' men, which freaking track EVER sounded that distorted !?''

:lol:

Yes, I'm mocking your arses but not because I feel supperior but because you tell yourself your too lazy to give a respectful post processing treatment to your own art.

Why would I give it any respect ( to your art ) if you dont have any your own self ?

EDIT:
Here, multiple 5$ options:
https://www.fiverr.com/categories/music ... ring/music

You guys just have no reason to be like the guy in the mastering video.
By MPCWeapon1 Wed Mar 28, 2018 6:28 pm
Cockdiesel wrote:Naw not salty bro, just pointing out the weird condescending vibe you got going. Maybe just a weird sense of humor who knows.

Homie was a no-show. The critic didn't even try to compete.

He should realize that engineering and beat making are two different skill sets. If engineering skills transferred over to making beats then Young Guru would be the greatest producer of all time.