Submit your beats to our regular battles - the winner starts the next battle!

Best Track?

44%
22%
N/A
11%
22%
N/A
By Psychedelic Schizophrenic Tue Apr 03, 2018 10:14 am
Nice one MPCWeapon for providing us with some really dope samples this week, mad props for that :worthy:

Some really dope beats in this weeks round, so lets get down to business :smoker:

As per normal the vote will run till Thursday (2 Day vote) and obviously don’t vote for yourself

All feedback and constructive criticism welcome, so let these guys know what you thought of their tracks. Can the winner please have a sample ready for us for Thursday, so we can keep these rolling smoothly.

QuickStrike

Martel80

Psychedelic Schizophrenic

MPCWeapon

PK1

Dez Perado

Good luck fellas :smoker:
By martel80 Tue Apr 03, 2018 1:01 pm
Good job everyone.

Really enjoyed the listening time this week.

QuickStrike: Very nice video and beat as usual. Really loved seeing you side filtering your drum loop as a meat and body effect for your beat and then settling down for a conservative level and not the other way around. Great Job !

Psycho: Great Drum. The thumping bass drums are my personal favorite when it comes to Rap beats. They were well sited on top of your mix and it really let me crank my volume up to enjoy the full dynamic of your beat. Great job.

PK: Now that to me is a perfect all around production in my taste. Starting from the quote ( which movie is it from? I thought it was good will hunting but Rob Williams doesnt use this exact expression in the movie clip i've checked ), the light headed sample and the Cut and scratch were perfectly matched. One bad note on my side would be that the high pitch upright piano sample that get in later might have been pitch down to match the key of your beat. The drum were also very well suited for your beat. Oh and that very low level voice sample in the back....very nice surprise when I heard it hahaha. This week you get my vote for the conceptual and contextual production. Great job.

Dez: GREAT beat. The drum break you chose is one of my favorite. This beat is like early RZA meeting DJ Muggs on a EPS. Really enjoyed the complete production. everything was clear and bangin and again, you left enough Headroom for me to crank up my monitoring system. Very very good beat, a LOT of mojo and some very interesting ideas for someone of my generation. You'd get my second vote if there was one.

So that was it for me. I really enjoyed my time here. I didn't put much thought on my mix this week as I thought everyone agreed that we should send everything in the red in a 2 hr session but I really got misguided by my own analysis as all of you brought a better sounding mix to the table this week. By the way, whoever pointed out that my scratch were not legit, good ear. Vocal snips were from a youtube research and half the scratch were from a sample pack. Overall, I really enjoyed being called out as it brought the early 20 y/o kid in me back to were I was 15 years ago when I was still battling. It made me laugh even more when I saw the page and a half moaning after. In my era, when were calling out someone, we had to at least get down but I understand that time change. Also, you guys were totally right, this is a beat battle and should not be turned away from that. That leave place for every level of producer to part in.
I'm a mixing engineer for the last 20 years of my life ( yicks, thats scary to say :vomit: ) and there's a fact that I guess some of you might know, maybe some others dont. There's no mixing engineer that will turn a shitty sounding beat into a sudden hard knocking well balanced mix.It's the same in any genre of music, Rock, Electronic, Rap..... It would involve too much time and usually clients are not willing to pay for a 3 day job that they could have done themself by editing, balancing and actually make some advised artistic decision. I just wanted to let people know in case they thought that sending your beat to mastering will magically bring their mix to a professional level.

So good looking out Gents.

It was very entertaining and I had a great amount of laughter, especially in the last week.

Keep up the good beat pumpin.
By MPCWeapon1 Tue Apr 03, 2018 1:42 pm
I loved all the beats.

Schitzo.. good, dope creativity, and you went with the most challenging sample.

My vote goes to Quickstrike on this one. That was a beat I can ride to. That bassline made you feel the beat without the 40 hz tone of a 808 Bass Drum. It had the best feel to me. It was like a 2018 Geto Boyz beat. It had the perfect sequence for a battle. Soon as you heard the intro you knew that beat was gonna be a problem.
By QuickStrike Tue Apr 03, 2018 3:59 pm
MPCWeapon1 wrote:I loved all the beats.

Schitzo.. good, dope creativity, and you went with the most challenging sample.

My vote goes to Quickstrike on this one. That was a beat I can ride to. That bassline made you feel the beat without the 40 hz tone of a 808 Bass Drum. It had the best feel to me. It was like a 2018 Geto Boyz beat. It had the perfect sequence for a battle. Soon as you heard the intro you knew that beat was gonna be a problem.

That's crazy because Bushwick Bill was sitting right here with me when I was making the beat LOL

April Fool's guys :lol

My vote goes to Martel
By Psychedelic Schizophrenic Tue Apr 03, 2018 8:35 pm
martel80 wrote:Psycho: Great Drum. The thumping bass drums are my personal favorite when it comes to Rap beats. They were well sited on top of your mix and it really let me crank my volume up to enjoy the full dynamic of your beat. Great job.

MPCWeapon1 wrote:Schitzo.. good, dope creativity, and you went with the most challenging sample.

Thanks for the feedback guys very much appreciated :smoker:

I'm still undecided between 3 beats at the moment :hmmm:
By pk1 Tue Apr 03, 2018 11:29 pm
some nice tracks. Psych really stepped up this week. i really liked that track.
Dez that was dope. it worked. drums were slamming too.
Quick steady drops tope tier tracks.
And i think ill have to agree with him as well Martel dropped the heat. Smack down in a beat.
Had me laughing man.
By Cockdiesel Wed Apr 04, 2018 1:58 am
Quick strike does this shit with so much ease you almost don’t even want to vote for him. Lol

Nah, gotta give credit where it’s due. I vibed the most with his or dez. Mpc, that beat was still solid man. Dig the flavor.

Pk, solid like always, great sound man. Dope scratches. Same with skitzo, solid as ****. Mad props for the extended arrangements and change ups. Was hard choice between 4-5 of these beats.

Martel, you get the entertainment props. Shit was outta left field and completely unexpected. I may not vibe with it at all but it was quite amusing.

In the end I went with QuickStrike. Although it was a really tough choice, I couldn’t choose between the rest it seems. Every time I wanted to go with skitzo, I’d think about something pk did I liked better. Or vise versa. I’m going to go with what I vibed with but I have a lot of respect for all the other beats, the discipline and techniques really show through on some of them. Props everyone!

. Hopefully I can find something more that “ I just vibe with it more” in the nex5 weeks, it makes it tough for me when I focus on the smaller details.
By MPCWeapon1 Wed Apr 04, 2018 3:02 pm
Cockdiesel wrote:Mpc, that beat was still solid man. Dig the flavor.

&

Martel, you get the entertainment props. **** was outta left field and completely unexpected. I may not vibe with it at all but it was quite amusing.

Good looking out. It was a basic 8 bar pattern. I had four other beats, but after I saw the way Martel was coming I didn't want to battle anymore so I held the battle beats back..Not saying his beat was weak, but you couldn't really hear the beat under the scratching samples and voice samples. Would have been a dope track for a rap battle though.

Just got turned off by these BBs. Instead of battling I just used my beat to express myself. Found a sample in D Minor. Wrote a dark D minor piano chord progression and a bass line underneath it just to express :fku: to the beat battle(s).

They were cool though. A good way of breaking in my MPC Live.
By Cockdiesel Wed Apr 04, 2018 3:08 pm
I really envy all the knowledge and technical skills all of you guys have. I’m not really a new-comer to beats per say but never took it seriously. From the music theory to audio stuff you guys are really helping me learn the stuff overlooked. Lots of inspiration here!
By Psychedelic Schizophrenic Wed Apr 04, 2018 8:18 pm
The standards were ridiculous high this round (apart from Martel beat, it would of been nice to hear the beat and tone the scratch packs a little back volume wise, but I applaud your entertaining entry tho :lol: )

My vote went to MPCWeapon this round as I felt it made my neck snap the hardest, I'm not taken anything away from the other entries as everyone deserved a vote IMO.

Congrats man :smoker:

Cockdiesel wrote:I really envy all the knowledge and technical skills all of you guys have. I’m not really a new-comer to beats per say but never took it seriously. From the music theory to audio stuff you guys are really helping me learn the stuff overlooked. Lots of inspiration here!

Exactly why I keep entering mate, it's helping me grow and inspiring me to try new ideas for every battle :smoker:
By dez perado Thu Apr 05, 2018 3:16 am
i went with PK1's beat although i really felt every single beat was dope
By pk1 Thu Apr 05, 2018 5:25 am
That was ol John Wayne on the vocal drop Martel

Quick hit me up with a sample