Submit your beats to our regular battles - the winner starts the next battle!

Best track?

N/A
17%
N/A
17%
67%
N/A
N/A
By pk1 Wed Jun 13, 2018 1:45 pm
Lets get this vote on!

Y'all know the simples:
Dont vote for self. (its obvious)
keep criticism constructive.

Now lets roll out these tracks..

Flowsay Beats712

Psychedelic Schizophrenic

saltmcgault

Sharris

Dez nyce

MPC Weapon

Quickstrike

Battle goes for two days. Winner please have your sample ready On wed night.

Good Luck fellas... :worthy:
By Psychedelic Schizophrenic Wed Jun 13, 2018 7:22 pm
pk1 wrote:Battle goes for two days. Winner please have your sample ready On wed night

Don't you mean friday mate? It's Wednesday today :lol: :lol: :lol:

Looking forward to giving everyone's entry a good listing on the monitors
By saltmcgault Wed Jun 13, 2018 7:34 pm
Psychedelic Schizophrenic wrote:
pk1 wrote:Battle goes for two days. Winner please have your sample ready On wed night

Don't you mean friday mate? It's Wednesday today :lol: :lol: :lol:

Looking forward to giving everyone's entry a good listing on the monitors

don’t you mean listening? ha
By Psychedelic Schizophrenic Wed Jun 13, 2018 8:06 pm
saltmcgault wrote:don’t you mean listening? ha

Yeah that's the one :lol: :lol: :lol: ... Jesus ffs does anyone wanna step up and run the battles? Only I'm clearly suffering with dyslexia and PK1 is in early stages of dementia/alzheimer's :lol:

Things are only going to get worse if we carry on :lol:
By Flowsay Beats712 Wed Jun 13, 2018 9:11 pm
Lol, you good bro? @PK jk

Anyways, sitting here bored at work, so I figured i would toss in my ear buds and give each submission a good listen. I wrote down my thoughts as i peeped each beat. This shit is too hard to judge. Buuuuut, I had to go with Dez. I shall explain in my critiques. So, here we go.

Psych- Dope intro!!! dug the earthy guitars, nice change up into kind of a more blues guitar sample that came and went in the beat. Kind of brought me back to some Arrested Developement type ish. Mr. Wendaaaal yeah yeeeaahhhh! lol Only negative thing I could say, in my opinion, was that the drums got a lil redundant for my liking. I would have liked to hear a few change ups. But, i could be wrong. (Probably these shitty ear buds). haha Anyway, sick vibe and beat overall. Would be dope with some light scratches throughout the joint. Flowsability -A

Salt-Lol @ the Pee Wee Herman sample in the intro, I hate that fuggin kid. Grimee and great flow on the beat homie. Love the murky bassline that was flowin through the track. Great use of the samples. I could def hear some Murs or Aesop murdering that shit. Only negative, drums were a little light imo. Could have a few more fills and make them a lil bit busier. Overall, very dope! Flowability-A

Sharris-Dope vibe from the jump! Nice n simple with the samples. Sometimes its a less is more type of thing when constructing a beat. If the vibe is there, leave it alone. Just could have used a little more change ups in the samples , but like I said, less is more and from an MCs standpoint, I give it an A+ on my Flowability scale. lol Drums were a bit simple but it fit! I dug it famo! Good shit!

Dez-What can I say? This was my choice for the W. Simply due to the versatility/creativity with the samples and drums that had me on my toes throughout the track. Vibe wise, kinda had me thinkin some Pete Rock type shit for sure. Absolutely loved when the horn sample came in, me being a jazz trumpeter myself, that shit was killer. Overall, just a dope and technical beat without sounding overdone. Flows very nicely. Flowability-A

Weapon-Sheesh!!! Too nasty! Def my 2nd choice for the W. Love how you flipped the vocal sample. Shit had me groovin mayne. Diggin the drums and the triplets with the hats, something I like to do alot as well. The horns at the end with the congas were dope as ****! I'd spit over this one in a heartbeat. Sick fam! Flowability A+

Strike-Cool n different vibe on this jernt. On some feel good/summertime type ish. Just a lil too busy on some parts for my taste. Drums kinda turned me off for some reason. Buuut, everyone has their own style. I still dig it, just not my cup of tea. Dug the subtle vocal sample you threw in there. Flowability-B

Well, thats it homies. Tried to keep it light. All were very dope and different. I look forward to the next one. Peace, love n Hip Hop- Kisor Flowsay (Flowsay Beats712)
By pk1 Thu Jun 14, 2018 1:28 am
:lol: :lol:
im not sure what day it is today. won't know what it is tomorrow and won't give a shiet what it will be after that.

But that vote goes for two days. when that 48 hrs passes winner bedda have sample ready... :mrgreen:

nice feedback Flow..
By Flowsay Beats712 Thu Jun 14, 2018 4:58 am
pk1 wrote::lol: :lol:
im not sure what day it is today. won't know what it is tomorrow and won't give a shiet what it will be after that.

But that vote goes for two days. when that 48 hrs passes winner bedda have sample ready... :mrgreen:

nice feedback Flow..

Just hyped for these battles B. I know I aint shit...Just trying tlo get back in the groove my G, "No disrespect ever! I m am a tard when it comes to tech shit. I just like to punch pads n rap.
By Psychedelic Schizophrenic Thu Jun 14, 2018 1:39 pm
Flowsay Beats712 wrote:Psych- Dope intro!!! dug the earthy guitars, nice change up into kind of a more blues guitar sample that came and went in the beat. Kind of brought me back to some Arrested Developement type ish. Mr. Wendaaaal yeah yeeeaahhhh! lol Only negative thing I could say, in my opinion, was that the drums got a lil redundant for my liking. I would have liked to hear a few change ups. But, i could be wrong. (Probably these shitty ear buds). haha Anyway, sick vibe and beat overall. Would be dope with some light scratches throughout the joint. Flowsability -A

Thanks for the feed back man, yeah the drums were weak on this was a real quick grid edit/copy and paste lazy beat that I did in a hour time limit. Hopefully my dude will wanna spit over this and I will spend some time reworking the drums into something a bit heavier with changes up etc.

Nice to two new people entering this round and cooking up some fire on their first entries :smoker: I haven't got time to break each track down into feedback this week, was a real tough one this week as everyone should get a vote but I went for Dez this round as I felt his beat made me snap my neck a little harder then the others entries. But well done to everyone else you all did a wicked job :smoker:

I won't be about for the next round, see you all for BB 204 :smoker:
By Sharris Thu Jun 14, 2018 5:17 pm
I'm voting tonight, I want to listen to them all a few more times. I like something in all of them. This is a hard vote for me.

Thanks for the feedback Flow, I agree with everything you said about mine, I wanted to do so much more, I even started writing a rhyme, I just ran out of time. But I was proud of myself for not quantizing. Well.........I tried quantizing, but it didn't sound right.

& I think I've found a place I can call my battle home :smoker: Just lovin everyone's beats & love the vibe all around. I feel honored to get to battle with you guys, so much talent. It'll push me to be a better beat maker. I'm already excited for the next battle :)
By pk1 Thu Jun 14, 2018 9:25 pm
Glad you guys are pumped. Ya you can learn allot from these battles. I have been in these for... like, shit maybe nine + years. I've seen heads advance substantially. There are some very knowledgeable guys banging out tracks coming threw here. Even cats you think are kinda wack. Have some ideas or knowledge you'll find very useful. Looks like dez will roll this. I get to sit back and check out tracks this eve. Looking forward to it. Dez is usually on it with sample submission. If it still a skunk later tonight. I'll throw up next round later tonight.
By Sharris Fri Jun 15, 2018 1:29 am
I voted Dez. First listen thru, it wasn't my 1st pick, which is why I always listen to them all a few times. You hear new things each listen. Great track, you def got skills with the chops!

Flowsay - Comin in hard not even 8 hours after the samples were up! Great transitions & I liked the abrupt ending, it's hard to pull that off, you timed it just right

Schizo - Clean as f^k! Loved how each guitar breakdown was different. Great flow. Smoker face fits the vibe nice :smoker:
I see why you like him

Salt - Ooohh.... I like that bass....nice & mean :twisted: .....great intro. Nice breakdowns too. Can't stop my head bob

Weapon takin on the Threes Company challenge. I'll admit at 1st the beginning threw me off, but once the full drums hit, it was like yeeeeeeaaaa. Great flip & I like the change up at the end

Strike - Takin on Threes Company twice, both well done. Some cheesy sounds in Threes Company, but you made them shine. Impressive work & I really like the vocal chops
By Cockdiesel Fri Jun 15, 2018 3:23 am
Shits been crazy on my end, I won’t have a computer for about month or so but I’m looking forward to doing some battles.

Been lurking on my phone but props to everyone dope stuff here. Glad to see people getting down and putting in that work!
By dez perado Fri Jun 15, 2018 4:39 am
Thanks for the love on this one. I voted for Sharris thought it sounded really opened up for some dope lyrics. Didnt sound over-done. everybody else put up some dope joints too. PK1 I sent you some samples for 203. Hope you enjoy
By pk1 Fri Jun 15, 2018 4:46 am
:worthy: Damn you guys brought some dope tracks... like hands down.

thats a really hard vote.

Weapon killed the challenge though. sounds like he used stock MPC drum sounds/looops. But sample flip was dope.

Sharris, DeZ Nyce, And Flow :worthy:

For me was between SaltMCGalt And Psychedelic Schizophrenic. Both had very dope chops. nice change ups.

dope round y'all. :nod:
By saltmcgault Sat Jun 16, 2018 5:27 pm
This was a good round. The new cats in the beat battles came in with some boilers. Props to quick and weapon for flipping that 3's company 2 theme i defintily like the 1st one you threw down quick. That shit was tight weapon. you did a great job on it. Way you use that maggot brain psych! That solo is dank and im still gonna **** with it. It came down to weapon and dez although everybody did a terrific job on the samples. Good entry to the battles flow you're gonna be just fine your shit was sounding on point, I went with dez though using different samples from numerous songs.changed it up perfectly, i look forward to see what everyone throws down for bb203. good job fellas!!!!!!! for real!