Submit your beats to our regular battles - the winner starts the next battle!
By pk1 Sat Jun 30, 2018 2:56 pm
congrats to Weapon on the win.

Lets get this next battle rolling. Last cpl months there has been this trend of you guys posting 3-4 samples. usually good ones. Easy to chop stuff. So i asked Weapon to only provide us one sample. and hopefully a challenging sample. These battles been going to easy. Id like to see you guys challenged again. Winners are not taking the moment to make challenging rules. So lets make this one a little more challenging.

Sample:
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/k75u43kf8r7u9r9/AACRapJzOCNw5GvqkEP314F0a?dl=0

Rules:
Must use sample provided.
No outside instruments. other then self recorded Percussion. (ie claps, finger snaps, field recording of anything you want to make percussion sounds with)
No VST's, No vst bass either.
Dj scratching ok
vocal drops ok ( no full remix tracks guys we want to hear the beat.)
Must have battle number 205 in track tittle
please use soundcloud or youtube to post your track here in this thread. Battle goes for five days.
Vote goes up Thursday the 5th

hit me up if there is any questions about the rules this week.
Good Luck
:popcorn:
By Flowsay Beats712 Sat Jun 30, 2018 4:09 pm
So are you saying that the percussion has to be stuff we recorded with a mic and whatnot? Or can we use drums that we have stacked up over the years. From records, tapes, and CDs and whatnot.
By Psychedelic Schizophrenic Sat Jun 30, 2018 7:42 pm
Congrats on the win MPC Weapon

Flowsay Beats712 wrote:So are you saying that the percussion has to be stuff we recorded with a mic and whatnot?

That is my interpretation of "self recorded percussion" like whacking pots and pans etc. PK are you trying to get me in the shit with the wife? :hmmm: She go going to go absolutely mental when I start whacking the shit out of the kitchen ware :lol: Oh well off to the kitchen I go, if you don't hear from me again then it's been a pleasure battling with you guys :worthy: :smoker:
By pk1 Sat Jun 30, 2018 8:48 pm
Im really meaning no outside keys horns flutes or what ever REAl instrument you may be able to play. but you can use what ever drum so any percussion sound can be made recorded pre sampled or downloaded from the net. its just drums.

My point is to keep it a sampled based track. only being able to use your drums. and the sample provided. Pardon the long drawn out NO list.

you can turn any sound from sample to what ever you want. and play that tweaked sound on a key board.... Im giving you ideas but the base fact is no outside sounds other then vocal drops, scratching and drums... :nod:
By pk1 Sat Jun 30, 2018 8:54 pm
Psychedelic Schizophrenic wrote:Congrats on the win MPC Weapon

Flowsay Beats712 wrote:So are you saying that the percussion has to be stuff we recorded with a mic and whatnot?

That is my interpretation of "self recorded percussion" like whacking pots and pans etc. PK are you trying to get me in the shit with the wife? :hmmm: She go going to go absolutely mental when I start whacking the shit out of the kitchen ware :lol: Oh well off to the kitchen I go, if you don't hear from me again then it's been a pleasure battling with you guys :worthy: :smoker:
i haven't heard the sample yet.. but if weapon's sample is a recording of just fart thats about all you to to work with. farts and drums.....

no reason to get kicked out the house. :lol:
By 1200plates Sun Jul 01, 2018 4:36 pm
1200plates wrote:https://soundcloud.com/user-191562169/205bb

Sorry I'm not sure how to make it playable from the screen but I'll investigate now. 8)

**edit - When you post that link. highlight your link and press the third red button from right. has a little cloud on it. took carer of it for ya. welcome to the battles
By 1200plates Sun Jul 01, 2018 8:29 pm
Thanks very much for that!!! I'm happy to of joined the battles and look forward to entering as many as possible!
By pk1 Sun Jul 01, 2018 9:17 pm
welcome. Ahhh track is hot 1200! im glad to hear another table head. Nice deck work at the end. I just copped the Z2 this weekend. Haven't had anything to scratch my itch in a long time. Now i gotta wait for TSP2. forgot you needed to have the scratch version to use timecode.
By dez perado Sun Jul 01, 2018 10:06 pm
Drums courtesy of my washing machine,flickering lighter, and plastic bottle banging on a garbage can and tub.
By saltmcgault Sun Jul 01, 2018 10:22 pm
1200 welcome :smoker: lookin forward to listening to your entry. Props on the win weapon! Not sure about this weeks battle but i’ll see what i can come up with.
By MPCWeapon1 Sun Jul 01, 2018 10:41 pm
:worthy:
1200plates wrote:

I can defintely drive down Highway 101 with a fly female in a blunt to this. I don't know if you're from Cali, but this is definetly California music.
By MPCWeapon1 Sun Jul 01, 2018 10:44 pm
saltmcgault wrote:1200 welcome :smoker: lookin forward to listening to your entry. Props on the win weapon! Not sure about this weeks battle but i’ll see what i can come up with.

Thanks..and thank you everybody for the feedback. That was an impressive last round, and dope samples.

I picked this sample becuase P wanted it to be challenging. I saw Boonie Mayfiled flip the "Reaching Out" joint like an acrobat, and I don't know how he heard the elements that he heard in the song, but it came out gangster. Its not challenging to make a beat out of the sample, but its challanging to make some heat from it.
By MPCWeapon1 Sun Jul 01, 2018 10:46 pm
dez perado wrote:Drums courtesy of my washing machine,flickering lighter, and plastic bottle banging on a garbage can and tub.

I can hear Method Man on this...The grimy Tical Meth.
By 1200plates Sun Jul 01, 2018 11:11 pm
pk1 wrote:welcome. Ahhh track is hot 1200! im glad to hear another table head. Nice deck work at the end. I just copped the Z2 this weekend. Haven't had anything to scratch my itch in a long time. Now i gotta wait for TSP2. forgot you needed to have the scratch version to use timecode.

Ah man, thanks for the feedback, I really appreciate that! Oooof the Z2 is one of my favourite mixers, such a crazy bargain for the price too!