Submit your beats to our regular battles - the winner starts the next battle!
By Psychedelic Schizophrenic Fri Sep 07, 2018 5:19 am
Congrats to my man Saltmcgault on the win for the last round. Lets get 212 started!

Samples

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/k75u43kf8r7u ... 14F0a?dl=0

Rules

Outside drums Ok
Vocal drops Ok
Scratching Ok
No synths or VSTi
Must use both samples provided
Minimum time of track 2:30

As Salt ask one of us to come up with something clever to add to the rules then I've chosen this rule to add:

Double Sample flip: You need to flip the samples twice to create two different beats on your entry. You can use the same drums, bass etc. If your creative enough go for it and even reuse the same sample chops it just needs to have two different sounding beats.

Here's an example of what I mean below (1st sample beat 0 seconds to the 1 minute 44 seconds mark then the 2nd sample beat filters in at 1 minute 45 seconds to the end).

Any question about the additional rule then shout at me

As per normal your entry must have battle number 212 in track title and please use soundcloud or youtube to post your track here in this thread. Battle deadline is midnight Monday The 10th September.

Good luck :smoker:
By pk1 Fri Sep 07, 2018 1:02 pm
Big ups salt. Nice swooping win
By saltmcgault Fri Sep 07, 2018 3:11 pm
pk1 wrote:Big ups salt. Nice swooping win

THANKS pk. i hope everybody can whip up something nice for bb212.
By Psychedelic Schizophrenic Sat Sep 08, 2018 4:52 pm
Dope samples Salt that Keith Mansfield track was pure fire! All mashed up on the 2500 rocking JJOS XL :smoker:

By Kabull Sat Sep 08, 2018 11:53 pm
In truth, I'm not sure if I understood the rules :D never mind... dope samples!

By pk1 Sun Sep 09, 2018 12:21 am
wasn't there a completely different rule cpl days ago? I may be slightly confused too. But i believe he may be saying make two beats in one with the min time limit.... correct me if im wrong. gonna start chopping now.
By Psychedelic Schizophrenic Sun Sep 09, 2018 9:21 am
Nope same rule PK just was super early when I threw the post up and the wording didn't sound right. So went back Friday afternoon and edited it...... badly by the sounds of it :lol:

Your assumption is correct..... 2 beats in one within the minimum time length for the special rule.

Will chuck some coffee down my throat and rewrite the special rule in a less jibbish format :lol: :lol: :lol:
By pk1 Sun Sep 09, 2018 2:58 pm
its all good holmes.
By dez perado Mon Sep 10, 2018 10:52 pm
a one,two, one, two
By MPCWeapon1 Tue Sep 11, 2018 2:56 am
Let this go til tomorrow morning so I can cook up something after the Raiders game.
By saltmcgault Tue Sep 11, 2018 6:27 am

my friends a clown :lol: i told him i was going to use it for a battle. i haven't checked out anybody entries yet. looking forward to hearing them. especially with that malo joint. :smoker:
By saltmcgault Tue Sep 11, 2018 6:57 am
MPCWeapon1 wrote:Let this go til tomorrow morning so I can cook up something after the Raiders game.

I took my 128gb cf card to my friends last night and was slappin his 2500 up.. had that card in my pocket when i left and its just magically gone i retraced my steps looked everywhere in my car... im about to tear my recliner apart but that thing is gone. So totally redid every thing while watching the raiders come out of the gate like they wanted to win something then... the old raiders showed up in the 2nd half. I can't believe they let king crabtree go. how you trade the best player in the league etc etc etc not to mention pay a coach 100 million. :WTF: its going to be a long season. Cook looks good but D's are going to adjust to that.
By MPCWeapon1 Wed Sep 19, 2018 8:02 pm
saltmcgault wrote:
MPCWeapon1 wrote:Let this go til tomorrow morning so I can cook up something after the Raiders game.

I took my 128gb cf card to my friends last night and was slappin his 2500 up.. had that card in my pocket when i left and its just magically gone i retraced my steps looked everywhere in my car... im about to tear my recliner apart but that thing is gone. So totally redid every thing while watching the raiders come out of the gate like they wanted to win something then... the old raiders showed up in the 2nd half. I can't believe they let king crabtree go. how you trade the best player in the league etc etc etc not to mention pay a coach 100 million. :WTF: its going to be a long season. Cook looks good but D's are going to adjust to that.

I made a beat with this sample I just didn’t have time to flip a second sample.

My Raiders wet the bed two weeks straight. If the game was only two quarters we’ll be 2-0.