The place to share knowledge about upgrades, mods, customisations and all other cool DIY projects for MPCs and other music equipment.
By sciguy Mon Nov 17, 2014 6:54 am
Just a simple DIY project to patch up my workflow.

Basically, the Minibrute has a bunch of settings that are primarily accessible via a USB connection software, or MIDI CCs. These include MIDI I/O channels, local off, retriggering LFO/envelope on note, etc.

Pain in the neck to modify without the computer, so I made a little Arduino-powered thing to make that easier. There's a small LED display to show what parameters and values are selected, and some lighted encoder knobs to select things.

So now, at a few turns of the knobs, I can turn enable local off on the MB, effectively disconnecting the keyboard from the internal synth engine, and change what MIDI channel the keyboard sends, so I can control any of the synths in my setup with the same keyboard. Plus I can access those other "hidden" settings.

Plus, there's a MIDI input. So I can program it to whatever the hell I want. I could even make a synth with the same hardware (plus a bit extra stuff for the audio output)

tha guts:

tha thing:
By jibber Tue Nov 18, 2014 10:31 am
Sciguy will someday engineer our modern day MPCs i'm sure. If he won't be too busy engineering space ships or something for NASA... :wink: :worthy: :smoker: :-D