The place to share knowledge about upgrades, mods, customisations and all other cool DIY projects for MPCs and other music equipment.
By jmac01 Thu Feb 16, 2012 3:16 pm
wow looks fantastic with the stain, great job!
ByTagOne Thu Feb 16, 2012 4:15 pm
I like them, you did a great job with the stain too :). What's next in the skillz project?
By sciguy Thu Feb 16, 2012 9:01 pm
They're all done, so I guess it's time for MUZIK SKIL—
oh wait. I have homework.
:roll:
By dtaa pla muk Thu Feb 16, 2012 9:02 pm
i did this project almost exactly the same, except instead of making screw holes i just silicone glued those f*ckers right to the metal frame. nice work - stain looks classy.
By sciguy Thu Feb 16, 2012 9:04 pm
I'm normally a follower of "screws before glues", so I tried making the wood ones exactly like the plastic ones, and it worked.

It actually wasn't very hard.
By sciguy Fri Feb 17, 2012 12:00 am
Hmmm, I should. But I've got a nice writeup on the arduino forums, so I'll just post a link to it: ARDUINO SKILLZ

Haven't made much progress since then. School, various other skillz, etc... in the way.
But I've got big plans for it!
By b.read Mon Feb 20, 2012 1:40 pm
The sides turned out good...:D
ByTagOne Mon Feb 20, 2012 2:07 pm
sciguy wrote:Hmmm, I should. But I've got a nice writeup on the arduino forums, so I'll just post a link to it: ARDUINO SKILLZ

I'm really feeling the arduino synth sciguy! :D
By sciguy Tue Feb 21, 2012 12:20 am
thanks for all the feedback

Unfortunately my next planned set of skillz didn't work. Apparently clamping a hand drill to a table does not make a good wood turning apparatus for making knobs. Too bad; wooden knobs and jog wheel would have looked sick. Ah well, maybe I'll try some other time with a proper lathe, or at least a drill press. (I could get access to those, just don't have them in my house)

First thing I did on the custom mpc was a few hours whipping something up for the beat battle!
By jmac01 Tue Feb 28, 2012 2:07 am
haha I got one of those arduino's for school, theyre awesome
By b.read Mon Oct 15, 2012 3:52 pm
Nice bumpin' skillz, man... :smoker:

:-D