The place to share knowledge about upgrades, mods, customisations and all other cool DIY projects for MPCs and other music equipment.
By mQueue Tue May 15, 2012 3:30 pm
Anyone interested in running their 1000 on battery power??

Send PM !!!
By mr_debauch Tue May 15, 2012 4:23 pm
how long were you able to get the battery to last in your test run?
By inflict3 Tue May 15, 2012 4:47 pm
ive been interested for a while!! let us know!!

i sent you a pm
By m:t:c Tue May 15, 2012 4:49 pm
:lol:

Edit: sorry "lol" was my initial reaction, but then "hmm.. I'd like to see how this turns out". Still funny & interesting at the same time. :D
By mQueue Tue May 15, 2012 5:04 pm
Actual battery is still being sourced.....looking at about 5 hours of uptime if you can do without an internal hard drive.
By mr_debauch Tue May 15, 2012 6:04 pm
mQueue wrote:Actual battery is still being sourced.....looking at about 5 hours of uptime if you can do without an internal hard drive.

I dont have a 1k, I was just interested... great that you are making the attempt.. I was thinking that would be possible with the 1k for a good while.
By bloc Tue May 15, 2012 6:16 pm
isnt it a good idea to put a battery pack in the slot where normaly the hard drive is?
MPCSTUFF ARE YOU LISTENING???
By b.read Tue May 15, 2012 6:17 pm
This is an interesting advancement, but why not just post the details up for the whole forum to see? Any concerns about secrecy on plans etc. aren't safe via PM...and I'm sure a lot of people would be interested in hearing whatcha have up your sleeve, myself included. :)
By inflict3 Tue May 15, 2012 6:46 pm
yes!! i want to know more!! not too willing to be sending my mpc out to anyone though, would buy the kit from you though, as i have totally dismantled my mpc many times :D
By innovine Tue May 15, 2012 6:47 pm
i assume you bypass the transformer and rectifier and plug a lipo in there. ill try it some day. anyone got a schematic?
By mQueue Tue May 15, 2012 7:38 pm
No schematics necessary....all done with parts readily available on the internet.

I'd like to do a bit more testing before posting plans, it's better to realize any bugs before people start trying to replicate.

Glad to see there's a good amount of interest.

PM me with any questions.
By inflict3 Wed May 16, 2012 12:04 am
this battery kit should be called "**** a beat thang" hahahhahahaha!!! im so stoked you are on the job mQueue
By damien907 Wed May 16, 2012 12:09 am
thats awesome, post up pictures when your done.
By taiden Wed May 16, 2012 12:13 am
I'm interested. I was going to bug my electrical engineering classmates to hack this one out for me but it seems like you've already done most of the work!
By crossings Wed May 16, 2012 12:15 am
what's up with the private message thing? why can't you just talk about it here openly??... i mean you already started to... ???