The place to share knowledge about upgrades, mods, customisations and all other cool DIY projects for MPCs and other music equipment.
By damien907 Mon Mar 25, 2013 4:31 am
i would say 100 dollars is a fair price imo. :-D i would pay that.

especially after you have made the initial screens for the different mpc's, you could make a fair amount of money charging that. maybe a little more for the bigger models too.
maybe

500- 85 bucks
1k- 100
2500- 120
2000/200xl- 120
4000-150
5000-150

i dont really know how big the 60's and 3000s are, so i couldnt quote that, but somewhere along those lines. these might be a bit on the cheap side, but you might get alot more business that way.

all of this would have shipping on the top of it of course.

also, you could just ask the first 5 or 10 customers (for each respective model) if they would be fine with charging 10 or 20 dollars more so you could cover the costs of making the screen print box thing, that you could then use forever for all your future orders.
By Clint Mon Mar 25, 2013 10:45 pm
Glewfactory wrote:Clint , when your ready to get lettering
On your casing hit me up, I have to do
A couple for the portfolio, and I'm goin'
To choose a couple I'm doing for promo
And to use as examples. If you'd like
I'll hook you when I'm set up.
Start thinking of your paint scheme,
Homie.

Thanks for the offer, but I don't have anything to paint. Like to keep my gear stock and clean as possible.
By Ill-Green Thu Mar 28, 2013 7:29 pm
Glew, I could certainly use your service. I got a couple MPC500s that can use some screenprinting. When you set-up shop keep me posted.

BTW, can you customize the font lettering too? I was thinking comic style or schlop.
By damien907 Fri Mar 29, 2013 7:56 am
Ill-Green wrote:BTW, can you customize the font lettering too? I was thinking comic style or schlop.

i was thinking this same thing. would be dope!
By damien907 Sat Mar 30, 2013 9:58 pm
thats whats up. the custom font thing is really dope, but also, alot of other places offer custom graphics, and that would be filthy if you could do that too. i was talking to another one of the major places that does mpc customizations, and they quoted me something around 50 bucks for a custom graphic, but i think we had to provide you a certain type of image, so you could just do your thing with it when we sent it to you.

i was thinking in the top corner where it says "MPC 1000", or "mpc 2500", instead have a little graphic or something. i also suppose the colors and all that are all customizable too we would just have to send you our faceplates either raw, for you to paint (which would cost extra i assume) , or pre painted by us, then you could add the lettering. (which i could see that most people would probably want this method.

i would think that after you did the initial lettering/ logo, a semi-gloss or satin clear coat over the top would help protect it, even just a can of statin, or semi gloss krylon works wonders. ive used it before to seal custom paint jobs and shit and it works nice, and only costs like 3 bucks a can, im sure you could use each can for at least 30 to 50 faceplates.
the reason im suggesting this is cause it would suck to get that work done and have a scratch or ding in it during shipping or when trying to put the actual case back on your mpc. i would believe this is something that all of the other companies do as well.

imo, the glossieness of the mpc 1k, 2500 and 5k is a perfect level, so i think satin is something like that, thats why i was suggesting it earlier.

i think you should start a poll in this thread, or a new thread asking people which mpc's they would like customized, then you could start from there to see which model you sould roll off next.

my vote would be for the 1k, and also ill green said he had 2 for his 500, and obviously the 2500 one is already done, so you could just start taking orders for those whenever you feel like its ready enough to do so.

one last thing though, when you are ready to take orders from customers, as a buyer, i would def want to have our payments go through paypal for their buyer protection polices. as a buyer, thats the only way i would even consider ordering one.
dont get me wrong, im not assuming that you would rip any of us off, quite the contrary actually, as i think it would go quite smoothly; but its just a peace of mind type thing, and thats how pretty much all other buisness is conducted online too.

just some food for thought, in case you hadnt though of some of these things.

cant wait till you start doing some more custom jobs!
By Glewfactory Sat Mar 30, 2013 10:40 pm
I used a coating but not a gloss tho'
, I didn't care for the gloss look, that
Doesn't mean I wouldn't use gloss for somebody
But typically I like flats or even a a mix
Of flat and gloss for effect, would be cool,
Like flat black base , with a gloss black pattern
Where you see spots of the flat thru.
Got some ideas Comin
And suggestions Always welcome
By Metatron72 Sat Mar 30, 2013 10:44 pm
Yeah It seems most users really aren't fans of that Forat ultra glossy "car" look. It's tacky as hell. Almost every nice custom I've seen over the years on this forum avoids it 99% of the time.
By dablunt Fri May 17, 2013 9:52 am
Glewfactory wrote:This is a shot of the Mylar(practice) print.
Maybe a run a couple of these , to make sure
You have the squeegie pull down.
When working with solvent base inks
Like in these photos , it is an air dry ink
It literally wants to dry in the screen while
You are printing , so work fairly quick.
.Image

props, spect and that goodness.