The place to share knowledge about upgrades, mods, customisations and all other cool DIY projects for MPCs and other music equipment.
By loose_t Wed Dec 14, 2016 9:56 pm
So, I just picked up a brand new, never used MPC2000 classic. Only small issue is the front panel has been signed with permanent marker. Does anyone have any experience with removing permanent marker without possibly damaging the paint?
By loose_t Wed Dec 14, 2016 11:53 pm
Wal Martian wrote:Did you buy the $2K KANYE WEST SIGNED 2K off ebay? :lol: :lol:

LOL. No, even more bizarre actually. It was sold from a studio where Roberta Flack had a locker, and was a piece of her equipment. It has her name written on there, but i doubt it is her hand writing, and she definitely never used it.
By distortedtekno Thu Dec 15, 2016 5:21 pm
**** wrote:
SILIS101 wrote:Or if you're ghetto, use hairspray

No need to be THAT ghetto...100% isopropyl alcohol is only like 2 bucks for 100ml.

Yeah it's definitely gotta be cheaper, and stronger too.
Put some on a paper towel and apply in a circular motion.
By Mike Boogie Fri Dec 16, 2016 4:11 pm
Believe it or not the best permanent marker remover I have ever used is Lysol.

That's right. Plain ole' spray Lysol... It contains a counter agent that reacts to permanent ink.

I discovered this by accident when some dumbass wrote on my whiteboard in Sharpie.
By distortedtekno Fri Dec 16, 2016 5:34 pm
Mike Boogie wrote:Believe it or not the best permanent marker remover I have ever used is Lysol.

That's right. Plain ole' spray Lysol... It contains a counter agent that reacts to permanent ink.

I discovered this by accident when some dumbass wrote on my whiteboard in Sharpie.

I'm gonna give that a try sometime. I got someone else's name and address written in sharpie marker on the bottom of my 2000. I removed most of it with isopropyl alcohol. But since the bottom of the MPC is bare metal, it's emedded in more than if it was a painted surface.
By richie Fri Dec 16, 2016 5:46 pm
Isopropyl is the best and you don't have to rub hard. I would not use rubbing alcohol unless it was on the side panel or something without any screen printing.

It may remove the protective layer and remove the screen printing. Nail polish remover is basically like putting turpentine on, so I would not fu*k with that either.
By abc Tue Dec 20, 2016 12:56 am
Mike Boogie wrote:Believe it or not the best permanent marker remover I have ever used is Lysol.

Lysol will literally take the paint off your drywall.