Forum for all other samplers & synths such as Maschine, MVs, Akai S & Z series, Roland, Korg, OP-1, analog synths etc.
By Cases Tue Apr 15, 2014 4:51 pm
Sup guys..

Thought id put this in a new thread.

Anyone familiar with EnsoniqFS and got it actually working on Win 7 with a PC that from that same time? (win 7)

I really need to try those samples I got, I have got many many sample CD's/ISO's and have my ASR for quite a while now. Never did something else than using FX and some basic sampling.

EnsoniqFS is a plugin for Total Commander which should allow you to read the Ensoniq File System.

pz from Holland.
By SimonInAustralia Tue Jun 17, 2014 8:40 am
I have no experience with it, but from a quick look at the instructions...

How far are you getting with it, is Total Commander installing and running OK, is EnsoniqFS installing into Total Commander and running OK?

If it is running, can you access ISOs/CDROMs/etc.?

Are you planning to use floppies with it?

If not using floppies, it shouldn't need a built-in floppy controller, which I would guess is only needed by OmniFlop for floppy access, ISOs/CDROMs/etc. should be accessible without it.

The EnsoniqFS plugin seems to be a 32 bit plugin, have you tried running Total Commander in 32 bit mode, if not already, and if that is possible?

Have you tried running Total Commander in WindowsXP Compatibility Mode?
By Cases Thu Jun 19, 2014 10:32 am
I have no experience with it, but from a quick look at the instructions...

How far are you getting with it, is Total Commander installing and running OK, is EnsoniqFS installing into Total Commander and running OK?

If it is running, can you access ISOs/CDROMs/etc.?

Thanks for your response!

I can install the EnqonicFS and acess the ISO's, but I cant copy the sounds to my ZIP drive:(. I dont have a SCSI CD-ROM, only a SCSI + USB ZIP drive. I dont know where to start in case of fixing it, so I was just hoping some1 is using this since it's the most "flexible" way to read/write in Ensoniq file system structure.

P.S [edit]
It's such a time ago I'm not sure if I actually could read the ISO's but I will check again tonight for a error or mssg it gives, if it does.

Are you planning to use floppies with it?

If not using floppies, it shouldn't need a built-in floppy controller, which I would guess is only needed by OmniFlop for floppy access, ISOs/CDROMs/etc. should be accessible without it.

I dont use flops, but the Ensoniq Files System is so particilar, It needs a internal floppy controller for low-level write access. That's just technology..

I'm trying to find a way for over 3 years now, and put a lot of money in this sh*t still not working. I have 40+ libraries with awesome sounds/effect/synths but can try them! This SUCKS.
By SimonInAustralia Thu Jun 19, 2014 12:14 pm
Cases wrote:I can install the EnqonicFS and acess the ISO's, but I cant copy the sounds to my ZIP drive:(. I dont have a SCSI CD-ROM, only a SCSI + USB ZIP drive.

SCSI Zip drive for the ASR, and USB Zip drive for the computer?

Cases wrote:I dont use flops, but the Ensoniq Files System is so particilar, It needs a internal floppy controller for low-level write access. That's just technology..

I would be surprised if it needed a built-in floppy controller for writing to Zip disk.

I think it might be more likely that you would need a PCI SCSI adapter in the computer, for low level writing to a SCSI Zip drive/disk, maybe EnsoniqFS doesn't work with the USB Zip drive (&/or Windows 7).
By Cases Thu Jun 19, 2014 1:25 pm
SCSI Zip drive for the ASR, and USB Zip drive for the computer?

Obviously, yes.

I would be surprised if it needed a built-in floppy controller for writing to Zip disk.

I think it might be more likely that you would need a PCI SCSI adapter in the computer, for low level writing to a SCSI Zip drive/disk, maybe EnsoniqFS doesn't work with the USB Zip drive (&/or Windows 7).

Nah, not for the ZIP. It's a long story man.. lol. Floppies can be complicated, I like to avoid these. I will get my sisters old PC from my dads home tonight since its running XP on it and a dedicated MOBO Floppy controller. My goal is to use ZIP disks but if I need to I will use floppy.

It's not for nothing things like this are on the market, it's hard to low-level write floppies on a new PC.
http://www.kryoflux.com/

I dont need a SCSI Adapter, I've made Ensoniq ZIPs (OS made with USB 100MB ZIP-Drive, then use it in the SCSI Drive and boot.) so its working, but I cant transfer my ASR sound/effect libraries from ISO to ZIP.

I do remember the issue again though, it was the x64 bit that made it into trouble. I have a x64 only system. So I can try to make a 32bit virtual machine running XP or try my sisters PC.

I NEED THOSE DISKS, since I'm looking forward to this for years. I just hope some software dev. out there loves the ASR and compiles a decent x64 Win 7 solution for this.

I can buy Chickensys but that always have been super buggy for me, I love TotalCommander so I need this plugin to work.

Thanks for your replies man, I know I will fix this tonight!.

PEACE