Forum for all other samplers & synths such as Maschine, MVs, Akai S & Z series, Roland, Korg, OP-1, analog synths etc.
By tuf Mon Dec 22, 2014 7:57 am
Hi all, 1st post!

I've got a new FuzinMonster and I'm trying to use it with an S3000. Problem is as follows.

I've got it hooked up fine and it appears to work. I can ARRange the drive all day long. For example, I can create 8 1mb partitions and it will mark all the bad blocks, etc.

What I can't do is FORMat the partitions. When I try that I get an instant FORMAT ERROR!!

Does anyone have any advice here? I've search this forum for everything I could but I don't see anything specific to this issue. I've checked termination and the Fuzin has the termination jumper on (tried this both ways).

Thanks!
By SimonInAustralia Mon Dec 22, 2014 8:10 am
From what I have read, having the termination jumper on will set the card reader's SCSI termination to off.

If it is the last device in the SCSI chain, then it 'should' have SCSI termination set to on.

Is the SCSI ID you are using for the card reader set at different ID to any other SCSI device you are using, including the Akai SCSI interface itself?

Have you tried any different memory cards?
By Fanu Mon Dec 22, 2014 3:23 pm
Ive got an Aztecmonster on my s3200xl.
Format won't work, but ARR is what wipes the drive.
If I ever need to erase a volume, I just save a small file into it with WIPE (notice that partitions can have many volumes: A, B, C...my friend used his 3000xl for years and missed the whole volume thing).