Forum for all other samplers & synths such as Maschine, MVs, Akai S & Z series, Roland, Korg, OP-1, analog synths etc.
By distortedtekno Sun Jul 19, 2015 8:50 pm
abc wrote:Still nothing. It's weird, I got no problem recording to a pad from my IPod, but as soon as I hook it up to the MP all I get is snow.

Thats weird. Is the MPC working by itself when you connect it to a mixer?
By abc Sun Jul 19, 2015 8:56 pm
Don't own a mixer, but I plugged my headphones into the ports and everything seems good. I'm gonna pick up a new set of RCAs, hopefully that's the problem.
By distortedtekno Mon Jul 20, 2015 1:47 am
abc wrote:Don't own a mixer, but I plugged my headphones into the ports and everything seems good. I'm gonna pick up a new set of RCAs, hopefully that's the problem.

Hopefully it's just the cables. Let me know how it all works out.
By abc Wed Jul 22, 2015 9:45 pm
Ordered a set of Hosa RCA to 1/4 and all is well. I don't know why, but I always have the worst luck with adapters.
By BrianTheArtist Thu Dec 31, 2015 2:26 am
And Now we have the SP 404sx Killer!

Casio xw-pd1!!!

mines coming in mail tommorow!

200 EFFECTS....200 EFFECTS......200 EFFECTS,sequencer,sampler,synth, runs on 6 AA's, built in speaker, over 800 built in sounds. and $200 less than the sp 404sx.

But catz are SLEEPING on this machine big time! Why not try something different? but you all will say its just a toy and yall will make fun of the sampling time because there is only a total of around 2 minutes(There are workarounds!). but until you look at a couple vids and study the downloadable manual, you wont understand the power of this underrated machine. sometimes the best music is created with limitations, the beatles recorded albums on a 4 track cassette recorder. think outside the box. take a chance and start a new trend and new way of making music will some different machinery.
By richie Thu Dec 31, 2015 7:06 am
What's up with only 1 mono input?
By Ill-Green Mon Jan 11, 2016 3:57 pm
richie wrote:What's up with only 1 mono input?

Sure? You must mean the Korg ESX, that has one input.

Sampling into the L input is meant to sample mics which is a mono signal, but if you set the SP to mono sampling, you should be able to sample from both L and R inputs. The dynamics of stereo would be sampled into a mono signal. So if the left speaker has a guitar playing and the right speaker has a piano playing, sampling in mono will put both guitar and piano together on both L and R channels. This what I love about SPs, because I can remove the L jack from the input, eliminating the guitar and sample the R input and have the piano playing on both L and R now.

Capish
By richie Tue Jan 12, 2016 5:54 am
Yeah I was looking a the manual and noticed it had a line in and a mic in so I figured that the mic in may have been a different kind of input/with a preamp or something of that nature. Good
By distortedtekno Thu Feb 11, 2016 9:57 pm
If anyone's looking for the CB-SP1 Travel Bag for the SP-404 or 404SX, I found a killer deal on ebay for $15. I just got mine in the mail today and the seller has one left.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Roland-Accessories-Bag-for-SP-555-SoniCell-SP-404/172075272543?_trksid=p3693.c100102.m2452&_trkparms=ao%3D1%26asc%3D20140212121249%26meid%3Df19394f2cc5e4612bbd028c068c0d83b%26pid%3D100102%26