Forum for all other samplers including Maschine, MVs, Akai S & Z series, Emu, Roland, Yamaha, Korg, Boss, Ensoniq... and even Beat Thang.
By mr_debauch Thu Nov 09, 2017 6:38 am
Cockdiesel wrote:Pretty sure I was implying it sits somewhere between the sp. Series like a 606 and a mv. Just saying it feels like a Roland product, But take my words however you want...

I can't picture that being the case at all ... The MV sits somewhere between a VS series recorder and a keyboard workstation with pads instead of keys... except they added a bunch of other features after the fact to make it more playable and easier to build songs.

The Sp series is almost limitless sample times... loads of fx.. very easy for on the fly stuff (the MV is not that type of machine at all)

Don't get me wrong.. the MV is very decent... but if I were to say the first thing that comes to mind when ever I picture turning mine on... that word is Sluggish... or SLOW!
By Cockdiesel Thu Nov 09, 2017 12:34 pm
I’ll agree in that context. I was saying if they kept on developing it, i used a sp for a long time and the simplicity and workflow seem to be on par none of the technicals really. If I were to elaborate it would be if the sp was more of a dedicated drum machine, and upgraded in many ways. I encourage anyone to check one out, it’s differnt but also has a very familiar feel.
By Ill-Green Sat Nov 11, 2017 5:51 pm
The SP16 was my first choice for a new sampler, but for the price, I ended up with the Live and Digitakt.

Still intrigued though. The part that is like Roland SP is the trigger pads, they allow you to loop from the pad itself. That alone would make me cop one. :D
By Cockdiesel Sun Nov 12, 2017 5:21 pm
Dude, Ill everything is so streamlined with the sp. Keep an eye out as they are becoming mad cheap. I got one for cheaper than a digitakt, and wanted to just flip it for money. It’s a keeper, like big time.

Sound quality is on par with the live, but you can just dial in the sweet spots so easily. It’s hard to describe, but the way you can overdrive and manipulate the sound puts it in a league of its own. The sound quality and ease of use on this thing are insane.

Sequencer has elements of the typical mpc workflow and elektron step sequencer. However, it’s more of a midway point and doesn’t get into too much depth into either form.

Its a basic machine, but not at all in a bad way.
By Cockdiesel Mon Nov 13, 2017 8:16 pm
Yes, but no filter on that as well as maybe different pads. The filter is key, you can really dial in the sound on the thing and overdrive it sounds amazing .

The elektron analog heat is more in depth but IMHO the sp-16 has a better sound. You could prolly get close with the clean or saturation circuits on the heat but you'd really have work on dialing it in. Obviously there's no envelope follower or different filters to choose from but I'm really digging this thing.
By Ill-Green Sat Nov 18, 2017 2:55 pm
Cockdiesel wrote:Dude, Ill everything is so streamlined with the sp. Keep an eye out as they are becoming mad cheap. I got one for cheaper than a digitakt, and wanted to just flip it for money. It’s a keeper, like big time.

Sound quality is on par with the live, but you can just dial in the sweet spots so easily. It’s hard to describe, but the way you can overdrive and manipulate the sound puts it in a league of its own. The sound quality and ease of use on this thing are insane.

Sequencer has elements of the typical mpc workflow and elektron step sequencer. However, it’s more of a midway point and doesn’t get into too much depth into either form.

Its a basic machine, but not at all in a bad way.

Can it resample multiple pads plus the external sources?

I'm thinking about selling both the Digitakt and the Live. Digitakt looks like the next update will be in 2018 and the Live just feels redundant from what I already have and used. Digitakt has a 33 second sample limit per sound and it doesn't bother me like I thought, so I don't think the SP16's 32 second will affect me either.