Forum for all other samplers including Maschine, MVs, Akai S & Z series, Emu, Roland, Yamaha, Korg, Boss, Ensoniq... and even Beat Thang.
By chino Sun Aug 05, 2018 4:03 pm
Gnome Tone wrote:
How is everyone getting on with the DJS-1000?
I was curious what most people’s opinion are on the included content. Are there any decent R&B and electronic drum sets? Or is it mostly techno stuff? Lol.


The included sounds are decent. I loaded up a bunch of sounds directly from my MV8800. My MV has a 'warmth' that is hard to duplicate in other devices but having the samples makes a BIG difference! As Ill Green said, you can time stretch your sounds to the extreme- all in real time!

Currently, I'm using the DJS-1000 to make remixes. I'm into the old 'AV8' & Crooklyn Clan type party breaks that I use to buy on wax. I'm also into Bmore & Jersey Club. I've decide to make my own remixes now to play at my gigs.

The DJS-1000 is obviously a sampler so what you put in will determine what you get out. I will say that the overall sound is great! I'm learning all that I can, experimenting & just plain having fun!! :-D :nod: :nod:
By Gnome Tone Sun Aug 05, 2018 7:08 pm
Ill-Green wrote:Thanks Gnome Tone :worthy:

Thats one of the things that brought me to the DJS-1000, that Roland SP kinda flow. But this is like an SP404 on gamma-ray steroids with a touch-screen. :-D

This thing is built to partner with mixers, you'll have no problems. And if its a Pioneer mixer, you'll have access to other features via LAN connection. But not necessary.

The X is powerful, but sometimes I feel its bloated for what I need it for. The DJS is just perfect and straight to the point. You'll be awed out your mind when you explore it. It does so much its not even documented.

And YES again, you can tell the DJS how many bars you want a sample stretched, its pretty magical in that department. Things fall in perfectly. I never felt that with the MV8800.

I will do another video, just thinking of doing something different this time. Kinda readjusting my ergonomics in the studio for a perfect sit and play. Minor stuff really, but helps a long way. October will be the DJS-1000's 1 year anniversary, that when my little album will be out made entirely on the unit.

I don't need song mode either, I grew up on the BOSS/Roland SPs, everything is always recorded live into DAWs. :mrgreen:


Thanks again ILL Green, I appreciate the feedback. Man, if you do another video please show live looping with a couple instruments, there’s not ONE video yet showing someone overdubbing loops in realtime over the pads, it’s always preloaded samples already timed up, then they just launch the sounds.

It’s be nice to see bass guitar and keyboard looping. It’s funny, I can’t stand almost any of the demos of this box, it’s all four on the floor dance music! LOL. I mean I know it’s a “DJ” tool, but to me it’s a much more powerful 16 track realtime looping machine, with NO videos showing this. Please, somebody!! Ha ha!

Cheers.
By Gnome Tone Sun Aug 05, 2018 7:16 pm
chino wrote:
Gnome Tone wrote:
How is everyone getting on with the DJS-1000?
I was curious what most people’s opinion are on the included content. Are there any decent R&B and electronic drum sets? Or is it mostly techno stuff? Lol.


The included sounds are decent. I loaded up a bunch of sounds directly from my MV8800. My MV has a 'warmth' that is hard to duplicate in other devices but having the samples makes a BIG difference! As Ill Green said, you can time stretch your sounds to the extreme- all in real time!

Currently, I'm using the DJS-1000 to make remixes. I'm into the old 'AV8' & Crooklyn Clan type party breaks that I use to buy on wax. I'm also into Bmore & Jersey Club. I've decide to make my own remixes now to play at my gigs.

The DJS-1000 is obviously a sampler so what you put in will determine what you get out. I will say that the overall sound is great! I'm learning all that I can, experimenting & just plain having fun!! :-D :nod: :nod:


Thanks man, I appreciate your take on the machine. Like I was telling ILL, I’m looking at the 1000 as a stripped down Abelton Push type of workflow machine. I also see tremendous creativite possibilities with the sequencer, even as simple as it looks.

I watched TubeDigga’s videos, which show quite a bit of the machine’s capabilities, I’d just feel more confident in this purchase if I could see a few videos of people using the box like I intend too. For example, there’s not on video showing the manual sampling feature. And then overdubbing on another pad, etc. Or just random samples spinning on different pads that are NOT synced together, for an abstract approach. It seems the 1000 has tons of creative potential, just not any videos to demonstrate the various aspects of what you can do with it.

Thanks again,
Cheers.
By chino Mon Aug 06, 2018 3:01 pm
Gnome Tone wrote: I’d just feel more confident in this purchase if I could see a few videos of people using the box like I intend too. For example, there’s not on video showing the manual sampling feature. And then overdubbing on another pad, etc. Or just random samples spinning on different pads that are NOT synced together, for an abstract approach. It seems the 1000 has tons of creative potential, just not any videos to demonstrate the various aspects of what you can do with it.


Manual recording is SUPER easy! Say your trying to record a guitar or synth...
1. Connect a Guitar or Synth via 1/4inch INPUT jacks.
2. Select a PAD that you want to record on by pressing the PAD.
3. Press the RECORD button then press the selected Pad again & it will record the sound that you have coming in. Simple.

You can select to record manually or by 1/2, 1, 2,4, 8, 16, 32 bars etc. You can also manually
input your sounds/samples using the sequencer. If your not happy with the recording just press the 'UNLOAD" button on the touch screen & redo the recording. Another way to manually record is to do it live. Meaning... have something playing, selected a pad with a sound on it that you want to record, hit the RECORD button then press the pad to play the sound. The DJS-1000 will record it live. If you don't like how it sounds hit shift & the RECORD button(UNDO) & start the process all over again. The whole process is extremely simple, fluid & fun!

I would recommend buying the DJS-1000 from an authorized retailer that gives you a warranty & a 30 day return policy. You will definitely know within that time whether the device works in a way that suits your needs. If not, return it & get your money back. I'm still well within my 30 trial period. I knew within the first 2 days that I was keeping the DJS-1000! :nod: :nod: Good luck!!
User avatar
By Ill-Green Tue Aug 07, 2018 3:09 am
Hey, you just gave me an idea for a next vid. I will do something with guitars.

Since Chino been blasting away with tips I'm gonna drop this tidbit of listening to the DJS-1000 with an external sound source.

1-Go to Home Screen and hit a pad, preferably an empty pad.

2-Hit the corresponding pad on the touchscreen until you entered the Track Menu page.

3-To the upper left of the Track Menu screen, you'll see a box that reads Track Type, and reads SAMPLE as the selected source. Tap it on-screen until it opens a window to select your source.

4-The Track Type settings should read:SAMPLE, THRU, MIDI and TORAIZ AS-1. Select THRU and click the huge rotary knob to activate it.

5-Viola, now the Pad acts as an Ext. Source pad playing whatever hooked to its Inputs and you can listen to the DJS at the same time. :)

You can also layer FX to the external source and resample it.
By CharlesRandolph Tue Aug 07, 2018 8:20 am
Lampdog wrote:Sounds like this thing will beat the 2kxl, 2500 &1k to a pulp, lol.

Played around with it. It's destroys most phrase samplers and loopers. However it's still lacking things the MPC was designed to do. I feel if Pioneer combines the DJS 1000 and the Toraiz together into one machine. It would be a strong contender.

It's definitely designed to work for the DJ first. I used it within the entire Pioneer system and it flawless. Akai could do something like this, since inMusic owns Denon DJ, Numark, and RANE. But then again they own Alesis and they didn't put ADAT Lightpipe on the MPC Live or X. :lol:
User avatar
By Ill-Green Thu Aug 09, 2018 4:54 pm
Everything you wondered about the DJS-1000, ripped from Pioneer site.

Q1
What is the PRO DJ LINK function?
A1
Connecting a PRO DJ LINK compatible Pioneer DJ player (CDJ-2000NXS2/XDJ-1000MK2 etc.) and this unit with a LAN cable to playback music exported from rekordbox on DJ systems, and perform in step with beats and bars of the music. For supported formats, see the operating instructions. For the connections, see the operating instructions.

Net Number : 14
Q2
Please let me know the specifications for the USB sound card (audio interface) function.
A2
This unit is not equipped with an audio interface function.

Net Number : 15
Q3
Does this unit support the MIDI control of DAW software?
A3
MIDI timing clock synchronization is possible.
For the setting procedure for the DAW software, refer to operating instructions of the DAW software.

Net Number : 16
Q4
Please tell me about DAW software for MIDI control.
A4
The MIDI standard is a generic standard so lots of DAW software including the Ableton Live series and Apple Logic support MIDI clock synchronization. Please contact DAW software makers for details.

Net Number : 17
Q5
Can rekordbox DJ be used?
A5
No.

Net Number : 18
Q6
Does the touch display support multi-touch?
A6
No, it does not support multi-touch. It supports only single-touch.

Net Number : 24
Q7
Is there dedicated application for this product?
A7
The DJS-TSP Project Creator application for PC/Mac is available. This application allows you to create project files and scene files for use with the unit.

Net Number : 25
Q8
What sound source formats are supported?
A8
Only 44.1 kHz 16-bit or 24-bit WAV files or AIFF files can be played.

Net Number : 26
Q9
Can sample sources be managed in rekordbox?
A9
This unit is not compatible with the rekordbox database, and cannot be used to access files, even if sample sources are managed using rekordbox and exported to the USB device.

Net Number : 33
Q10
The QUANTIZE function does not operate.
A10
The QUANTIZE function only operates when the sequencer is playing. It does not operate when the sequencer is stopped.

Net Number : 40
Q11
I want to stop playback samples from a specific track only.
A11
You can use the SHIFT button and the pad to stop playback of the track sample.

Net Number : 41
Q12
Does this unit have a SOLO function?
A12
Yes. When the [MUTE] button is ON, pressing SHIFT and the pad simultaneously mutes all tracks other than the one.

Net Number : 42
Q13
How do I make fine adjustments to parameter values?
A13
Press SHIFT and move the parameter adjustment knob to make fine adjustments to parameter values.

Net Number : 44
Q14
I want to change the pitch value by more than ±12.
A14
When time stretch is set to M.TMP (Master Tempo), the pitch parameter change range is limited to ±12 semitones. Turning time stretch OFF allows pitch parameters to be changed by ±24 semitones.

Net Number : 45
Q15
How do I apply the touch strip to the playback sound from the sequencer?
A15
The touch strip effect is only applied to the track that is pressed on the pad. This is not applied to playback sound from the sequencer.

Net Number : 47
Q16
How do I input capital letters from the software keyboard?
A16
Press the SHIFT button while entering letters on the software keyboard to enter capital letters.

Net Number : 49
Q17
How do I change tracks silently?
A17
From the HOME screen, tap the track you wish to change, or use the rotary selector to change tracks.

Net Number : 50
Q18
How do I change the pattern bar length?
A18
Press SHIFT and the pattern button to place the unit in pattern length setting state. In this state, pressing the bar selection key changes the length of the bar.

Net Number : 51
Q19
How do I change pattern step length?
A19
Press SHIFT and the pattern button to place the unit in pattern length setting state. In this state, pressing the 16 step keys changes the step length. Pattern step length can be changed in single-step units with a range of 1 to 64 steps. These changes affect all tracks. Step length cannot be changed for individual tracks.

Net Number : 52
Q20
How do I change the BPM value and bar length settings of sample source files?
A20
Pressing the EDIT button on the HOME>TRACK MENU>SAMPLING/EDIT screen changes the settings. To reflect these setting values, it is necessary to save sample source files under a different name.

Net Number : 57
Q21
How do I preview sounds I have recorded and edited on the SAMPLING/EDIT screens?
A21
Push the rotary selector to the right of the display to listen to a preview at the volume level set in MONITOR LEVEL.

Net Number : 59
Q22
How do I change the extent of pitch change that can be achieved with the touch strip?
A22
The setting can be changed with TOUCH STRIP SETTING (PITCH RANGE) on the utility screen.

Net Number : 60
Q23
In the TORAIZ AS-1 track, when changing presets or parameters on AS-1, the changes aren't reflected on the DJS-1000.
A23
When using this unit with the TORAIZ AS-1, the MIDI cable connection goes from the MIDI OUT/THRU terminal to the MIDI IN terminal of the TORAIZ AS-1. Therefore, this unit cannot receive information from AS-1 via midi.
As for MIDI CC signal, it will transmit from this unit when the ACTIVE button is tapped or CC parameters were changed. If you control a same parameter from both units, the parameter recieved later will be registered.

Net Number : 68
Q24
A loop sample does not sync to sequencer.
A24
Please check the following points.
-Enter HOME > TRACK MENU > SAMPLING/EDIT and tap "EDIT" button. When the BAR length or BPM value is wrong, please correct it. Then tap "SAVE CHANGES" button and tap "SAVE&REPLACE" button.
-In the case of "M.TMP" on the TIME STRETCH paramteter, you cannot stretch the sample less than half or more than twice speed. If you want to sync, please change the TIME STRETCH parameter to "RESAMPLE" or change the BPM value as above.

Net Number : 70
Q25
Is there an ARRANGEMENT function like that of the TSP-16?
A25
This unit does not have an ARRANGEMENT function.

Net Number : 71
Q26
Are there MASTER FX and SEND FX functions like that of the TSP-16?
A26
This unit does not have MASTER FX and SEND FX functions.

Net Number : 72
Q27
What changes when I press the NUDGE -/+ buttons while holding down the [PATTERN] button?
A27
A function to set the pattern length to 1/2 or twice is provided. Releasing your hand from the [PATTERN] button will play the sound with the original pattern length.

Net Number : 78
Q28
What changes when I press a step key while holding down a bar selection key?
A28
A function that can set the pattern length is provided.

Net Number : 79
Q29
When the DJM-2000, DJM-2000NXS, or rekordbox is the beat sync master, can this unit perform the beat sync operation?
A29
The beat of this unit can be synchronized with the CDJ/XDJ or another DJS-1000, but not with the DJM-2000, DJM-2000NXS, or rekordbox.

Net Number : 80
Q30
Can projects and sample sound sources be saved to the internal memory?
A30
No this is not possible. The internal memory of the unit is read-only memory.
By chino Mon Aug 13, 2018 1:43 am
After 2 weeks of continual use...

I have to admit that it's really nice to be able to use a product that just works as advertised. :nod: :nod: Yes, there have been software/firmware updates to address bugs & add features. It's crazy that we as consumers have accepted mediocrity as the norm with music production gear. A lot of gear today is rushed to market & released half baked & poorly implemented. That is NOT the case with the DJS-1000. I am able to use it for hours WITHOUT any freezes or crashes! It just works!! :-D :smoker:
User avatar
By Ill-Green Mon Aug 13, 2018 4:05 am
chino wrote:After 2 weeks of continual use...

I have to admit that it's really nice to be able to use a product that just works as advertised. :nod: :nod: Yes, there have been software/firmware updates to address bugs & add features. It's crazy that we as consumers have accepted mediocrity as the norm with music production gear. A lot of gear today is rushed to market & released half baked & poorly implemented. That is NOT the case with the DJS-1000. I am able to use it for hours WITHOUT any freezes or crashes! It just works!! :-D :smoker:

The bugs I've encountered are minor and easy to avoid but never experienced a crash or freeze. Its really a sleek OS. I bought mine a month after its release, it was at 1.03 with 32 second sample time. From then until now, it has gotten tighter and faster, parts of the gui are improved, I remember somethings were not there, now its in the graphics. There are further developments down the pipeline, I hear dealing with the bugs and optimizing the unit further. Would be surprised if they squeezed in another feature.

Other than that, I always have an epic musical journey with the DJS-1000. It makes me see the beat from all angles and approach it in a new way. I love taking weak drums and pump 'em up like steroids too. Records that were considered garbage like a Barbara Streisand can definitely find new air to breathe with the DJS-1000. I'm pretty much sampling the stuff producers avoid and I'm getting strange and dope results. :mrgreen:
By Gnome Tone Mon Aug 13, 2018 7:00 am
I’m looking at having a DJS-1000 in my studio by the end of this month. Very excited to work with this piece of equipment, and thanks to you good people for taking time out to answer my questions, it’s very appreciated.

I’ve got a pretty interesting collection of effect chains and combinations wired up off my mixing board, so I’m excited to feed the 1000 some messed up stuff to cut up and trigger and assign the sequencer. And extremely excited to work with a 45 minute session of very vibey modular recordings. A buddy flew in from LA Cali to my studio and we recorded a session with his beautiful sounding modular gear, SO much wicked material to feed the 1000.

Thanks again friends, I’ll keep you up to date once my 1000 arrives.
Cheers
By Gnome Tone Fri Aug 17, 2018 5:46 am
Ill-Green wrote:
chino wrote:After 2 weeks of continual use...

I have to admit that it's really nice to be able to use a product that just works as advertised. :nod: :nod: Yes, there have been software/firmware updates to address bugs & add features. It's crazy that we as consumers have accepted mediocrity as the norm with music production gear. A lot of gear today is rushed to market & released half baked & poorly implemented. That is NOT the case with the DJS-1000. I am able to use it for hours WITHOUT any freezes or crashes! It just works!! :-D :smoker:

The bugs I've encountered are minor and easy to avoid but never experienced a crash or freeze. Its really a sleek OS. I bought mine a month after its release, it was at 1.03 with 32 second sample time. From then until now, it has gotten tighter and faster, parts of the gui are improved, I remember somethings were not there, now its in the graphics. There are further developments down the pipeline, I hear dealing with the bugs and optimizing the unit further. Would be surprised if they squeezed in another feature.

Other than that, I always have an epic musical journey with the DJS-1000. It makes me see the beat from all angles and approach it in a new way. I love taking weak drums and pump 'em up like steroids too. Records that were considered garbage like a Barbara Streisand can definitely find new air to breathe with the DJS-1000. I'm pretty much sampling the stuff producers avoid and I'm getting strange and dope results. :mrgreen:

ILL Green!
Time for a new video my man! Let’s see your workflow with the DJS-1000, using the pitch slider to get some tripped out sounds and showing some of the effects. Needing something to get me pumped about the 1000, can’t find many creative videos on Youtube, just 4 on the floor dance stuff. Thanks to y’alls contribution to my inquiries I’m getting the box for sure already, just wanting to see new videos with creative producers and ideas.
By chino Sat Aug 18, 2018 3:06 pm
I went to the DJ Expo in AC this past Thursday. I expected some good demos of the DJS-1000. NOTHING! Pioneer's main setup was the S9 mixer, their latest decks & the Toraiz. The DJS-1000 was setup in the cut getting no love from Pioneer at all! WTF Pioneer?! This is the latest release in the Toraiz music production family & it's not even demoed??!!

It seems like Pioneer is taking marketing lessons from Akai???!!!
:Sigh: :popcorn:
By Gnome Tone Sat Aug 18, 2018 4:50 pm
And I was just going to ask if there were any new OS updates in the near future. DJS 1000 looks like an amazing instrument, it’s crazy they aren’t doing more to show off this machine! Seems like they could easily add more effects and increase to 8 bars.