Forum for all other samplers & synths such as Maschine, MVs, Akai S & Z series, Roland, Korg, OP-1, analog synths etc.
By Blue Monster 65 Sun Aug 19, 2018 2:09 am
The Pioneer reps have told both myself and the Sweetwater staff that the company is committed to the Toraiz line and the DJS-1000, but they will not discuss any more updates until they're ready to be released. They got burned the last couple of times (partly their fault), so they don't want to get people's hopes or ire up.

Have no idea about why they weren't pushing it there; they were all over them at Gear Fest this summer.

On an un-related topic, has anyone tried to use a midi footswitch/pedal with either their SP-16 or DJS? I'd like to be able to start/stop, plus move up and down patterns on the fly.
By Heavie Sun Aug 19, 2018 3:47 am
Blue Monster 65 wrote:The Pioneer reps have told both myself and the Sweetwater staff that the company is committed to the Toraiz line and the DJS-1000, but they will not discuss any more updates until they're ready to be released. They got burned the last couple of times (partly their fault), so they don't want to get people's hopes or ire up.

Have no idea about why they weren't pushing it there; they were all over them at Gear Fest this summer.

On an un-related topic, has anyone tried to use a midi footswitch/pedal with either their SP-16 or DJS? I'd like to be able to start/stop, plus move up and down patterns on the fly.

That don't sound good at all. Pioneer don't want to make promise on a updates. That force there hand to keep. Its feel better the dumb suckers that purchase the DJS-1000 get burnt. It's like, once we release the units and you buy it. We wipe our hands clean.
By Ill-Green Sun Aug 19, 2018 5:52 am
Gnome Tone wrote:ILL Green!
Time for a new video my man! Let’s see your workflow with the DJS-1000, using the pitch slider to get some tripped out sounds and showing some of the effects. Needing something to get me pumped about the 1000, can’t find many creative videos on Youtube, just 4 on the floor dance stuff. Thanks to y’alls contribution to my inquiries I’m getting the box for sure already, just wanting to see new videos with creative producers and ideas.

Been trying to find time but it aint easy when you work at the largest venue in the city, especially its vacation season. Its definitely in the pipeline, right now, I'm crafting my album on the DJS, so I really don't wanna leak sounds until its ready. But I will create something new just for video.
By Ill-Green Sun Aug 19, 2018 5:58 am
chino wrote:I went to the DJ Expo in AC this past Thursday. I expected some good demos of the DJS-1000. NOTHING! Pioneer's main setup was the S9 mixer, their latest decks & the Toraiz. The DJS-1000 was setup in the cut getting no love from Pioneer at all! WTF Pioneer?! This is the latest release in the Toraiz music production family & it's not even demoed??!!

It seems like Pioneer is taking marketing lessons from Akai???!!!
:Sigh: :popcorn:

Yeah, I was asking someone on youtube and he told me that he only saw the Toraiz there. No signs of the DJS at all. I do not understand Pioneer's taboo with it at all.
By Ill-Green Sun Aug 19, 2018 6:07 am
Blue Monster 65 wrote:The Pioneer reps have told both myself and the Sweetwater staff that the company is committed to the Toraiz line and the DJS-1000, but they will not discuss any more updates until they're ready to be released. They got burned the last couple of times (partly their fault), so they don't want to get people's hopes or ire up.

From what I saw last year, it was mostly the Toraiz owners offended by the DJS-1000's first appearance. Since then, I think Pioneer has been giving the DJS the stepchild treatment to avoid further heat. It was a mess really, lots of crying, emo rivers shit.

But hey, its a dope machine and up to my level, I got what I need :smoker:
By chino Sun Aug 19, 2018 11:24 am
Ill-Green wrote:But hey, its a dope machine and up to my level, I got what I need :smoker:

I agree 100%!! I took my DJS-1000 over to a DJ friend. He was amazed with all the capabilities & just how fun & easy it is to use! He currently uses Maschine & Protools but now he is looking at buying the DJS-1000. :nod: :nod:
By Heavie Sun Aug 19, 2018 5:29 pm
Cockdiesel wrote:I hope not. The Toriaz is a dope product. No disrespect heavie but your posts for awhile seem so negative. I hope everything is alright.

Don't mean to seem negative. I have no problems with my DJS-1000, for what I use it for. But it will be nice of a upgrade if the DJS-1000, instead of having 64 seconds of sampling. Drop back to 32 seconds if it will save memory and have the feature of pad banks. At least a pad bank A and B to trigger more samples. You can't cram a 64 second sample into a 16 bar sequence, so why would you want that unless you can extend the 16 bars to 32 bar sequence. I surprise that got included. Maybe, since you can audition samples before loading into memory. Maybe there's a chance the DJS-1000 and the Toriaz can stream from the USB drive. I also like to see song mode on the DJS, like the Toriaz. I know the DJS-1000 is gear towards Deejays. Not music producing like the Toraiz, but it will be helpful if the DJS-1000 had some form of pattern arrangements programmed. Instead of one pattern, looping over and over. While the DJ looks for another track to play. I don't have a long list, but these are the two features. I really like to see added to the firmware.

I like to explain why I limit my praise over DJ and music production gear. When I was a kid in school. My teacher will tell the class. Everyone has a 100% grade average starting off and It was up to us, to keep it. I feel the same way about items I purchase, like electronics. When I leave that salesman , place that box in my truck, unpack that box and power on my gear. It's start out with a 100% rating from me and I'm a proud owner. I feel one the biggest praise for a product is the future support and when a brand fails to honor that support. Even though they include a option to upgrade a product for future improvements. That knocks off a large fractional chunk of that 100%. A update should not be based on how many units was sold. Brands should realize that support in timing fashion, help sell a product and expand a large group of followers to continue to buy your products. Not use the option of upgrades on there products as a pack of now & laters candy. I'll give you something now and you might get something later.

There is a very bad pattern from brands that releases hardware products to the DJ and the music producer community. Every time I power on my tv, console, phone or my pc. There is a update waiting. Rather I wanted one or not, it's there. That makes feel proud I invested in that product.

Don't mean to be long winded or go off topic. I like to add, I appreciate your concern, Cockdiesel. Again I'm not trying to be negative or hurt anyone feelings. In my personal life as always. I'm doing well, no complaints here. In the middle of next month. I will make the list of the black men, that's born and raise in Baltimore, Maryland to live to see 50 years old and I am proud. Even though, I'm not a religious man. I praise the Lord for bringing me this far along without harm and in good health. I had lots of fun and laughter and I made a decent life for myself and I hope the Lord continues to bless me into the future. His blessing is the best support of anything I ever owned.
By Gnome Tone Sun Aug 19, 2018 8:14 pm
64 second sampling time is for guys like me that record and loop real instruments, and then arrange those parts on the fly with soloing and muting the pads. I see the sequencer as more for small samples of one shots.

Having a 64 second sampling time PER PAD, real time live recording, and 16 pads makes the DJS-1000 a MONSTER for ambient music. People complain about the 4 bar limit, but 64 seconds seems infinite in comparison, it’s just not tied to the sequencer. Different approach I guess.

Brian Eno would have killed for a machine in 1977 that could loop 16 sounds with up to a minute loop. He had to use 6-8 tape machines! I don’t take for granted what the 1000 can do, it seems like it will suit my purposes.

Only thing I’d like to see is somethIng like the mpc keygroups. If we could play stereo samples mapped across a keyboard , that would be perfection.
By Ill-Green Mon Aug 20, 2018 5:10 am
Looks like I'm off until Thursday, yeeyay :-D Will do a video in a day or two, probably by Friday I'll have it ready for prime time concerning any new comers curiosity about the DJS-1000.

Other news, I ordered another DJS-1000 :smoker: Gonna be interesting to see how two pairs up.

@Heavie-I like that 100% analogy, I feel the same way. No one should be buying gear for features that may or may not be promised in the future. Gear should be bought to be used for what its intended for AND as advertised by the companies.

However, I feel the DJS-1000 is right on the money since it came out the gate. I bought into it knowing what it does, didn't expect much but got bombarded with a whole lot more than I expected, which is a good thing. Everything Pioneer adds to it in future updates are welcome, but as it is right now, I've met my soulmate. :mrgreen:

**Off Topic**

Peep my DJS woodstand project. Guaranteed to blow ya fragile minds 8)

viewtopic.php?f=41&t=186449
By Cockdiesel Mon Aug 20, 2018 6:41 am
Damn homie no love to check out a toriaz? I’m telling y’all I have yet to hear a hi fi sampler sound as good. That filter can be dialed in so quickly and one of the best out there. The prophet x was smoother but the thing can’t sample.

Toraiz sampler with the solid delay into the filter into an h9 reverb was the best I have ever heard of any hardware or software.

I respect the **** out of the os but I’m more into midi and modules for writing.

Like the Mpc live the new pioneers lay it on Thick for they excel at. I have no gripes with either product and look forward to seeing how this develops.

Extensions to the pioneer in terms of evolution come on the rossum electro asimil8tor and sequential prophet x. Both of which are connected to development of the toriaz then the djs.

Pioneer needs to drop a keyboard sampler and fill the gap created by the prophet x. Same is but expanded sampling and midi functions.
By Cockdiesel Mon Aug 20, 2018 6:53 am
All good heavie. I haven’t been here too long but you been around from my start. Seemed like you joined the dark negative side for a bit. I been there too and was prolly wrong to suggest you did.

I remember seeing you were the only one who downloaded my digitakt track I put iup the day I got it. Props I don’t even think I have a copy of that track anymore. Lol

illgreen happy to see you still rocking the pioneer tho. There was magic about the toriaz I don’t think I can replace. I had a Roland back round like y’all but after using the Mpc 4000 for so long I preferred the song writing on a Mpc. Pioneers really are slept on and out Roland Roland. For what it’s worth.
By Ill-Green Mon Aug 20, 2018 11:10 am
Where you been Cockdiesel? Haven't saw you in a while on here. I figured maybe you sold the MPC and posting at NI or Ableton forums.

:oops: Yeah man, I did thought about the Toraiz, I had a 15% coupon, plus backstage points and figured a $100 extra for Dave Smith filters would be cool. But then I looked at it and felt it was thin. I like em chunky :wink: Seriously I could leave one in the studio and take the other to work and transfer back and forth with a USB stick instead of dismantling cables as I do now. I also am accustomed to the DJS' pad modes and effects which I love.
By CharlesRandolph Mon Aug 20, 2018 6:23 pm
The DJS-1000 is one of those pieces of gear, that people found out about, but it was never suppose to be highlighted as a flagship device. It really was more of an accessories device for the CDJ System. That's why it's not highlighted on Pioneer DJ homepage.

I think in Pioneers eyes, the DJS-1000 does not need lots of updates, because its already great for what it was made for: A Phrase sampler for live sets, that can syncs to their DJ system. Truly this is one of those anomalies like the MPC 60 and SP 12, where they thought it was just going to sample drums hits. :lol:

Pioneer had no idea how it was going to used. Now they are like, Hold On! This device is taking away from the attention and sales of the Toraiz. They want the sales, yet they don't know how market the DJS 1000. Because the hype for the machine is organic from the community and not artificial hype created in the board room.

I say get one, because now that it's a success. The MKII version price will shoot up because they know what they have. :nod: