Forum for all other samplers & synths such as Maschine, MVs, Akai S & Z series, Roland, Korg, OP-1, analog synths etc.
By JazzyQuinn Sun Dec 27, 2015 9:55 pm
golden-era wrote:Fellow ASR user here and i am a huge fan of this machine. I personally do not agre that the sequencer is trash. If you are having sequencing issues, i believe it is largely user error. I do agree the ASR sequencer isn't as forgiving as an MPC but i think the sound blows the MP away.

If you can take a listen to a few beats i made on the ASR-10 below. These are very basic boom bap loops, nothing crazy here just stuff i mess with and may or may not go back and build upon. Everything was done on the ASR-10. These 2 beats probably took 10 minutes total.

http://www.divshare.com/download/26547948-284

http://www.divshare.com/download/26547961-fb2

I couldn't agree more, people who think the ASR10 sequencer is trash are the same people who quantize every note and expect the machine to make it swing for them.

As a longtime MPC user say the 2 are very different but the ASR10 still has a dope sequencer. I wish the MPC had the (New / Old) feature that ASR10 sequencer has.
By Clay Lewis Mon Dec 28, 2015 2:24 pm
So glad to see this forum seeing some action after being dormant for a bit. The ASR-10 Sequencer is great. It does what it does and I love it. I've use the sequencer in the VFX-SD, the SD-1 and the TS-12 and all the Ensoniq sequencers have always been my favorite hardware. I just re-acquired an ASR-10 in great shape and have been falling in love again with hardware sampling and sequencing.
By imapilot Thu Feb 04, 2016 3:31 pm
Are the fans typically installed at the top? Does it make a big difference with the heating issues it can have?

Any Opinions and on the DI-10? Is it worth the price?
By JUKE 179r Thu Mar 24, 2016 12:24 pm
I've read that people have installed the SCSI2SD and the Artmix CF RaizinMonster card readers in their ASR's but I haven't seen a step by step process of doing this.
By tonyscarbones Sat Apr 02, 2016 4:22 pm
any of you geekacons ever try this?

similar to using an sp1200

sample into asr
add fx
resample that to a new instrument but pitched up
then pitch it back down to original key

gives sum sp1200 copycat artifacts to stuff but in a diff way since it's got the fx of asr

i been doin that lately

cuz i'm the greatest

worship me
By Lampdog Sun Apr 03, 2016 4:11 am
Been doing that since forever ago, good technique.

I wouldn't associate it with the "sp-1200", just ASR10 is enough. It's misleading.
By Lampdog Wed Apr 27, 2016 4:01 pm
What connector is on the ASR mobo for that sd reader, what model reader?
By JUKE 179r Thu Apr 28, 2016 1:30 am
that's **** up. Share the knowledge yo.
By 12bithead Sat Apr 30, 2016 8:22 pm
Is it possible to make some kind of template for my chops? So if make a couple of chops it would automatically assign for instance WS1 to C4, WS2 to D4, and so on.
Thanks!
By Lampdog Sat Apr 30, 2016 10:54 pm
nope. asr10 is a manual monster, lol. nothing automagical about it.
By richie Sun May 01, 2016 11:21 pm
@12bithead be sure to have paypal because major tom wants to be paid for every response he makes.
By peeping tom Mon May 02, 2016 5:05 am
major_tom wrote:yeah your capacitors are dead and leaking all over your PCBs and if you dont replace them they will destroy your sampler. may have already done so

The thing is, its pristine on the inside. so its not leaking.
It works perfectly, except the sampling thing. And i get about 20 seconds before it crackles.

It was looking to me like an issue with the memory expander more than anything, but hey, your the expert right