Forum for all other samplers & synths such as Maschine, MVs, Akai S & Z series, Roland, Korg, OP-1, analog synths etc.
By polarAC Wed Aug 13, 2014 10:51 pm
Due to moving, I had to downscale my setup and put the old gal' in storage. Got it 17yrs ago, purple screen. Never misbehaved on me. I'm using a soft sampler for the time being. While this softie is technically superior, I just had in ill workflow on the ASR (as should be the case after nearly 2 decades of use).

Like Lampdog said, it's functions still hold up today. Beside the obvious difference in sample time, I've found that many of the functions done in todays softie's can be done in the ASR (with much more button pressing and ear dependence).

I got it stored in a custom case. When I bring it out again, I'm counting that it will still have a lot of life left in it after the long rest.
By Lampdog Wed Aug 13, 2014 11:48 pm
I bought mine before the purple screens came out and I am jealous as all ****, lol. I would LOVE to have that purple screen.
By Clint Thu Aug 14, 2014 7:04 pm
The second ASR10 I bought has the purple screen, and it wasn't even advertised as such. One of the cheapest samplers I've ever bought incidentally, but it arrived with broken keys.

Page 62 for the back story lol. :(

Strange coincidence, but me and Lampdog have/had pretty much the same gear since I can remember. Triton EX, MPC4000, MPC2KXL, TR808, ASR10 :shock:
By Lampdog Thu Aug 14, 2014 7:19 pm
Yeah, BUT you have 3kle's and SP's that I don't have lol. I would REALLY like a 3kle, that all white one in another thread would be NICE.

Sell me one of dem der 3kle's.
By THE ADVERSARY Fri Aug 15, 2014 1:29 am
Lampdog wrote:Yeah, BUT you have 3kle's and SP's that I don't have lol. I would REALLY like a 3kle, that all white one in another thread would be NICE.

Sell me one of dem der 3kle's.

Would you actually actually use a 3k?
At some point in time you realize you have tons of gear in storage or stacked around that you don't want to get rid of but you don't use.

Lampdog wrote:I bought mine before the purple screens came out and I am jealous as all ****, lol. I would LOVE to have that purple screen.

Funny thing about those ASR screens the purple is ok but the blue views better.
You can tell the LCD was an after thought and the LED was a designed for a better view.
If you view them side by side enough you might not feel as bad.
By SirDzL Thu Aug 28, 2014 10:51 am
I get a nice ASR 10 last week, the unit was never used before and works great, im impressed.

Can please someone explain me how to load the waveboy filters in the ASR 10?

Thank you
By jibber Thu Aug 28, 2014 2:43 pm
Do you have the manual?

Tried putting in the disk and...? :wink:
By SirDzL Thu Aug 28, 2014 3:07 pm
Yes i get the english manual but i need one on german. I insert the disk press load > Effects > enter, than it start loading for a second than i get this message : Error 129 Reboot? Not sure probably are the floppy disks damaged? The disk drive works good. I get this problem only with Waveboy disks

Thx
By jibber Fri Aug 29, 2014 6:45 am
I've never loaded effects in my ASR, but from what you are saying, you are doing it correct. If other disks work, it sounds like you have a bad floppy disk with the effects.
By Hththt555 Mon Sep 29, 2014 3:52 pm
hey,

i need some specific infos about using my ASR-X wich is on the way to me:

1)can i simply set up and permanently store as bank the parameters on the ASR X to any midi controller (probably an arturia keyboard)
if anyone really know this stuff deep i could really help in setting up such a midi mapping!!! one example may allready help me to understand the basics.
Is there some kind of template for mappings?
i would want the ADSR set to sliders on the controller, aswell as other synth controols, filters and fx. Is that possible?

2)Also, will i be able to have the ASR synth on the Arturia Controller Keys while having another sound on the ASR Pads or is it always one track. If later is the case, will the Pads + keys function as a larger keyboard? i mean the Pads covering the bass tones from the same sound that plays higher on the keys?

3)can i use the resample in such way that i put the sounds out on a guitar amp, mic them and resample through the analog line in?

4)does anyone know or have in posession a layout that could be used to reprint/lazer/lazertran/waterslide the Faceplate??? really have to do that.

THANKS!
By Clint Mon Oct 06, 2014 7:54 am
Download from Asrxcite or cop from ebay!

That site is a goldmine for ASR-X owners/users, add it to your favorites!!

Edit: ASR-X Pro OS is on eproms, don't know if you can get it on floppy.