Forum for all other samplers & synths such as Maschine, MVs, Akai S & Z series, Roland, Korg, OP-1, analog synths etc.
By peeping tom Thu May 05, 2016 8:36 am
ran the diagnostics on it, coming up with all 0' where they should be except the DMAC check, comes up with 11.
Any idea what the 11 code means?
By abc Fri Nov 25, 2016 11:44 am
Basic question, but I was wondering. Does the 10 use a different OS then the 88? Or is it already set up for as many keys as you got?
By Jare Wed Nov 30, 2016 3:46 pm
abc wrote:Basic question, but I was wondering. Does the 10 use a different OS then the 88? Or is it already set up for as many keys as you got?

Asr-88 is just asr-10 with 88 keys. Both use same OS.
By Lampdog Wed Nov 30, 2016 6:30 pm
Jare wrote:Asr-88 is just asr-10 with 88 keys. Both use same OS.
By 12bithead Sat Sep 09, 2017 2:59 pm
I just bought a Yamaha (6x4x16) CD Rom with ext. case for the ASR. I know it's not on the compatibilty list but I was able connect it and saw what was on the disk, but it was only able to load a small bass instrument before it failed.
Does this mean that it's indeed not compatible with the ASR-10? If so, i guess it's not worth trying out random scsi cdroms that aren't on the list.

Also, I'm not sure what are these cables for? Picture
Last edited by 12bithead on Sat Sep 09, 2017 3:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By richie Sat Sep 09, 2017 3:19 pm
The cable connectors listed in the picture are pretty self explanatory as they're labeled what they do.

The 6416 does not have the on the compatibility list to work, just as long as the IDS and cable is good you should be fine. Sometimes samplers need their SCSI devices to be terminated appropriately to function properly.
By 12bithead Sat Sep 09, 2017 3:39 pm
Thank for the quick reply.
I think it's terminated, there's a terminator on the back of the case and a little plastic thing on the drive's pins, where it says terminator. I also have a Toshiba drive (from the list) and it works fine with same cable, although the ID is 2, while the 6416 drive is on 0.

On the picture I put ? marks next to the cable that I dont know.
By richie Sun Sep 10, 2017 11:21 am
You're right, I must've glossed over the ??? -- Is there a led light on the front of the case?

As for your SCSI id's, everything is in order. I know for certain the 6416 works because I sold one in an LACIE enclosure 2 years ago to a person that used them for the ASR-10 and MPC 3000. They never had issues with it.

Now, I don't know if you're comfortable in doing this but -- have you considered swapping out the 6416 in the case you're using for the toshiba to at least eliminate that there is something screwed up with the connection coming from the 6416 enclosure?
By 12bithead Mon Sep 11, 2017 11:12 am
It has two leds, but i guess it's not necessary to hook it up to the drive.

I used the same 50 pin ribbon and centronics cable for both, also the same power supply.
The 6416 case works fine with the Toshiba, i just wonder what's wrong with the Yamaha CRW6416S. I can't get my hard drive to work as well, it's a Quantum Prodrive 210S.
By JJG Wed Oct 18, 2017 6:03 pm
Guys I’ve been trying to sample from my phone into the asr 10 but it doesn’t sound right how it does when I play a song on my phone and I’ve been using a Y cable doesn’t anyone know what the problem is?
By Lampdog Wed Oct 18, 2017 9:23 pm
JJG wrote:Guys I’ve been trying to sample from my phone into the asr 10 but it doesn’t sound right how it does when I play a song on my phone and I’ve been using a Y cable doesn’t anyone know what the problem is?

Oh we know exactly what the problem is.
By golden-era Thu Dec 21, 2017 10:37 pm
Guys,

Challenge for you guys I thought you might find interesting.

Do any of you know how to convert the asr from 16 bit to 12 bit? I heard of a method involving messing with LFO parameters and scaling the data by a factor #. No idea if it's legit but interesting if it can be done.

I have an sp1200 for some 12 bit grit but need to Send it to Forat for a major tune up.
By BoyOfVirtue Thu Mar 01, 2018 11:06 pm
is there a way to transpose an entire instrument's pitch? Example - i have a sample chopped into 8 different wavesamples starting on C4. If I want to pitch them up or down i need to adjust the root key for each sample individually .. which can be tedious. Can all 8 wavesamples be pitched up as some kind of "bulk" transpose?

Is this something that can be done by editing the pitch table? Reading the manual leads me to think no, but I wanted to ask anyways

EDIT: Ok as it turns out, pressing "Edit - Wave" and selecting "WS - ALL" lets you tune all samples at once. Wasn't really covered in the manual but I'm just glad it's possible.
By peeping tom Fri Mar 09, 2018 5:59 am
golden-era wrote:Guys,

Challenge for you guys I thought you might find interesting.

Do any of you know how to convert the asr from 16 bit to 12 bit? I heard of a method involving messing with LFO parameters and scaling the data by a factor #. No idea if it's legit but interesting if it can be done.

I have an sp1200 for some 12 bit grit but need to Send it to Forat for a major tune up.

challenge accepted. (stolen from future producers)
http://www.futureproducers.com/forums/h ... 0-a-87072/

""1. hit the command button, the the lfo button.

2. scroll til you get to "scale data" press enter.

3. next set your staring address to "0" and you end adrress to "99"

4. next set the scale start to "0.01" and the scale end to "0.01"

5. then set the scale depth to 6.0

6. after than normalize it.

7. repeat as needed.

I found doing it once takes it down to 12bit ,and twice takes it down to 8bit. I got this from doing research on binary digits. Hope this help add grime to those looking to get some out of their asr-10.""