Forum for all other samplers & synths such as Maschine, MVs, Akai S & Z series, Roland, Korg, OP-1, analog synths etc.
By lildave Sat Jan 17, 2009 6:37 pm
I think it's a dream machine. Everything in one box. I was just thinking last week the only thing missing from these machines are drum pads, but now.... Plus the KARMA software is being made availabe for it and you can upgrade internal components as you please. Sounds future proof to me. I agree that it is very expensive, but if that's what you want then.... I don't see anyone needing anything else. I guess that was their main objective. Pretty cool.
By ONE Sat Jan 17, 2009 9:03 pm
lildave wrote:I think it's a dream machine. Everything in one box. I was just thinking last week the only thing missing from these machines are drum pads, but now.... Plus the KARMA software is being made availabe for it and you can upgrade internal components as you please. Sounds future proof to me. I agree that it is very expensive, but if that's what you want then.... I don't see anyone needing anything else. I guess that was their main objective. Pretty cool.

I think some people have an uncontrollable need to hate things that are out of their realm to own. I think that is what some of the comments really boil down to.

Of course, most people here may already have equipment, but that doesn't stop people from secretly wanting an incredible machine that does it all.

I for one remember the countless threads where people were sharing their ideas and concepts for a perfect MPC like machine, and this comes pretty damn close to everyone's wishes. It may be big and expensive, but damn it's dope to see a company that is going the extra mile with this sh!t, and hating and nitpicking it for pretty much irrelevant issues is a pretty immature way of handling the fact that you can't afford it.
By kneebone77 Sat Jan 17, 2009 9:26 pm
ONE wrote:
lildave wrote:I think it's a dream machine. Everything in one box. I was just thinking last week the only thing missing from these machines are drum pads, but now.... Plus the KARMA software is being made availabe for it and you can upgrade internal components as you please. Sounds future proof to me. I agree that it is very expensive, but if that's what you want then.... I don't see anyone needing anything else. I guess that was their main objective. Pretty cool.

I think some people have an uncontrollable need to hate things that are out of their realm to own. I think that is what some of the comments really boil down to.

Of course, most people here may already have equipment, but that doesn't stop people from secretly wanting an incredible machine that does it all.

I for one remember the countless threads where people were sharing their ideas and concepts for a perfect MPC like machine, and this comes pretty damn close to everyone's wishes. It may be big and expensive, but damn it's dope to see a company that is going the extra mile with this sh!t, and hating and nitpicking it for pretty much irrelevant issues is a pretty immature way of handling the fact that you can't afford it.

I'm with y'all. Don't hate , congratulate.
By taxman806 Sat Jan 17, 2009 9:31 pm
ONE wrote:
I for one remember the countless threads where people were sharing their ideas and concepts for a perfect MPC like machine.

Hating and nitpicking it for pretty much irrelevant issues is a pretty immature way of handling the fact that you can't afford it.

I think it's a dope machine and I'm sure it's worth every penny. If I had the $$$ I would cop one since I have been eyeing a Neko for some time. The only thing that would not make this a feasable purchase for me is, I have a piece of equipment that will do everything this Miko/Neko does. Now, if I were to sell most/half of my gear, then I could buy it. I think some of you cats should really look into what's going into this machine before flat-out stating that it's not worth it. But than again, we are all entitled to our own opinions. I wouldn't be dead set on saying that this couldn't possibly be on my list or on my desk in the near future. :wink:
By Muied Lumens Sat Jan 17, 2009 10:01 pm
If I'd do any drooling over stuff I can't afford, I would rather go for...

Symbolic Sound Pacarana:
http://www.symbolicsound.com/cgi-bin/bin/view/Products/Pacarana
Max/MSP in a box. If you have the time to learn it.

Buchla Series 200e:
http://www.buchla.com/series200e.html
Damn it looks cool! :wink:

John Bowen Solaris:
http://www.johnbowen.com/

Just for starters...
By lildave Sun Jan 18, 2009 12:17 am
DJ Hellfire wrote:That shyt is nice as hell. Everything in one. Only problem is, if something goes wrong, your ENTIRE studio is pretty much down if you rely on that thing!

And that would be my greatest fear from any all in one gear. Oasys, Fusion, Fantom-X, G, Juno-G, Neko, Miko, etc. Good reliability is a must. Great concept and I hope it holds up well for many years. Amazing with all that these machines can do they're still cheaper than the Oasys. I wonder if they'll ever make an 88 Key version. I bet that would be humongous like the TITANIC.
By LaJProd Sun Jan 18, 2009 12:57 am
ONE wrote:I think some people have an uncontrollable need to hate things that are out of their realm to own. I think that is what some of the comments really boil down to.

That pretty much sums up that....

I think some of yall cats don't really see the big picture before you start judging things....An MPC is nothing but a sequencer with some pads....You could pick up and MPD (or something similar) and a copy of FL and do the same sh!t you can with an mpc, plus more....Yet, you own an MPC....Seeing the picture yet?!?!

06:51 ustreamer-83101 : i have a computer, and i have a keyboard, so whay should i buy an OL ?

06:51 ekow2kn3 : because i have eggs milk and sugar but i dont have a cake

A nice quote from the Open Labs stream....

The Mikos/Nekos are much more then computers with a built in midi controller....Its a all-in-one box solution....You can produce, record, mix, master all in one....If you don't see the appeal in that then I don't know what to tell ya....There is a reason way cats like Timbo, Polow, Teddy Riley, Tim & Bob, Trackmasters, ect. use this thing almost exclousively!!!!

DJ Hellfire wrote:That shyt is nice as hell. Everything in one. Only problem is, if something goes wrong, your ENTIRE studio is pretty much down if you rely on that thing!

If it is an internal issue, Open Labs can log into your Miko/Neko from the Internet and fix it on the spot!!!!
By Upright Sun Jan 18, 2009 4:50 am
vinyl_junkie_1620 wrote:I personaly dont like it...everthing in one, not my kind of product but it is good although very expensive...

I would rather drool at these things lol

http://www.soundonsound.com/sos/oct03/a ... ?print=yes

Yeah,....I just checked out one of the albums recorded at this studio.....and the stuff sounds great. :D