Forum for all other samplers & synths such as Maschine, MVs, Akai S & Z series, Roland, Korg, OP-1, analog synths etc.
By LaJProd Tue Jan 20, 2009 12:29 am
Fung45 wrote:
LaJProd wrote:
Fung45 wrote:If you really believe guys like Timbo and Teddy Riley use these 'exclousively' then you've been duped. It's called an endorsement deal and all those cats you just listed were no doubt handed a big sack with a dollar sign on it after shooting whatever youtube clip you're referring to.

No, I have not been duped at all....Of course cats like Timbo where paid, sh!t there was a TSE Miko/Neko....That doesn't mean sh!t to me....I happen to know that who I listed uses it...

I never said the people you listed don't use it, but you said 'exclousively'. I was just disagreeing with the 'exclousively' part.

I didn't say "exclusively", I said "almost exclusively"....Big difference....I already explained what I meant by that....

indivisibleProductions wrote:
Do you know how many songs that are out and on the radio that were "mastered" with nothing but a little maxim on a master fader in pro tools?...More then you would probably believe....

Sorry, but you are wrong. I work in the industry. Post some proof of ANY commericial release that was "mastered" with Maxim on a master fader and I'll paypal you $1000 tonight.

You are talking out of your ass to try and help your point in here. You obviously don't know what mastering really involves, let alone "professional mastering."

I very much know what "professional mastering" is, no need for me to elaborate any further....Re-read the quote of mine that you quoted....See how "mastered" is in quotes?, There is a reason for that....Of course throwing maxim on a master fader is not "professional mastering" nor could it replace "professional mastering" but there are plenty of songs getting radio play that have done just that....Now as for album versions, that is a different story....Can I give you an examples off the top of me head?, no....I am sitting here looking at 2 Planet Phatt modules and I can't give you an example off one song that uses that off the top of my head either....Doesn't mean it hasn't been used....Would you believe that there have been radio singles out where the beat was 2-tracked?...No need to answer that....I can give you an example though, 50 Cent - I Get Money....

As for who you work for or with, I could care less (no disrespect of course)....As you shouldn't care about who I work with and what I do....Just know that everything I have said in this thread holds some weight!!!!
By indivisibleProductions Tue Jan 20, 2009 1:07 am
Can I give you an examples off the top of me head?, no....

haha, of course you can't. Because there are no examples of any commerical releases that were mastered with Maxim on the Master Fader. I'll even take it a step further and say that there aren't many commerical releases that are mastered in Pro Tools at all.

The songs you hear on the radio are mastered by the same 50 or so people/companies.

Would you believe that there have been radio singles out where the beat was 2-tracked?...No need to answer that....I can give you an example though, 50 Cent - I Get Money....

Haha, sorry, wrong again. "I Get Money" was produced by Apex Productions. His beat, which he made with the MV-8000, was tracked out and given to Aftermath. What you heard on the radio was not 2-tracked.

As for who you work for or with, I could care less (no disrespect of course)...

No offense taken, I wouldn't brag about it even if you asked.

.Just know that everything I have said in this thread holds some weight!!!!

No. It doesn't. You are talking out of your ass.
By mr_debauch Tue Jan 20, 2009 1:13 am
indivisibleProductions wrote:
Can I give you an examples off the top of me head?, no....

haha, of course you can't. Because there are no examples of any commerical releases that were mastered with Maxim on the Master Fader. I'll even take it a step further and say that there aren't many commerical releases that are mastered in Pro Tools at all.

The songs you hear on the radio are mastered by the same 50 or so people/companies.

Would you believe that there have been radio singles out where the beat was 2-tracked?...No need to answer that....I can give you an example though, 50 Cent - I Get Money....

Haha, sorry, wrong again. "I Get Money" was produced by Apex Productions. His beat, which he made with the MV-8000, was tracked out and given to Aftermath. What you heard on the radio was not 2-tracked.

As for who you work for or with, I could care less (no disrespect of course)...

No offense taken, I wouldn't brag about it even if you asked.

.Just know that everything I have said in this thread holds some weight!!!!

No. It doesn't. You are talking out of your ass.

hahaha.. for that I am posting this video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=axbjOsMLZBg&feature=PlayList&p=88D552977F271F1F&playnext=1&index=13
By LaJProd Tue Jan 20, 2009 2:03 am
indivisibleProductions wrote:haha, of course you can't. Because there are no examples of any commerical releases that were mastered with Maxim on the Master Fader. I'll even take it a step further and say that there aren't many commerical releases that are mastered in Pro Tools at all.

I think you may be misinterpreting what I am saying....Maybe saying Maxim was a bad idea....What I meant is basically what you just said in your second sentence....There are some songs receiving radio play that had no mastering attention but a little tweaking in Pro Tools....Though not many, as you stated, there are some....

indivisibleProductions wrote:Haha, sorry, wrong again. "I Get Money" was produced by Apex Productions. His beat, which he made with the MV-8000, was tracked out and given to Aftermath. What you heard on the radio was not 2-tracked.

You were pretty much correct until you got to the last sentence...."I Get Money" was produced by Apex Productioz and his beat was made with an MV and It was also given to Aftermath....You left out one major detail though, Aftermath DO NOT receive the master files to the beat until AFTER the song was already on the radio....Scott Boogie was the one who got the beat in 50's hands....He went online, scooped up some beats and clamed he produced them....50 liked the beat, did the song yada, yada, yada....When they wanted the files for mastering is when they found out it was an Apex beat....If memory serves me correct, the first couple shipments of the Single credit Scott Boogie as the producer....
apextech wrote:II do all my sequencing and sampling on the mv.You can hear the mv in action on 50 cents latest hit"i get money".All done on the mv.The song you hear on the radio is a two track straight off the MV.Hope this helps.

Straight outta the producers mouth....
http://mpc-forums.com/viewtopic.php?f=24&t=79412&p=722370#p722370

indivisibleProductions wrote:No offense taken, I wouldn't brag about it even if you asked.

Well thats good to know....

indivisibleProductions wrote:No. It doesn't. You are talking out of your ass.

Thats seriously made me laugh out loud....Not true but still funny!!!!
By mr.pleasant Thu Jan 22, 2009 9:36 pm
HAHAHAHHA.......... Funny, how people catch feelins quicker then a cold.... around here !!
all imma, ( laughin ), say is.... 50/50 on it & wouldn't spend thee cash.... lmao... :arrow: :arrow: