Forum for all other samplers & synths such as Maschine, MVs, Akai S & Z series, Roland, Korg, OP-1, analog synths etc.
By moyphee Thu Apr 02, 2009 9:45 am
DJ Hellfire wrote:I am surprised all these companies are coming out with MPC style pad setups. I would have thought Akai would have patented that ****. I mean, Ferrari even patented the sound of their exhaust systems.

There's nothing patent worthy about a 4x4 matrix. Two things, if patent was granted it would be nullified (in the US at least) on the first court challenge and it would have expired by now anyway. Emitted sounds and smell are amongst things that outside of patent protections. Ferrari has a several patent for the valve in the exhaust system that contributes to the sound but the sound is itself isn't patented because it's neither measurable in strict terms nor 100% consistent from one machine to the next. Harley tried too and failed.

Competition is always good.
By b.read Thu Apr 02, 2009 9:52 am
Askia Shaheed wrote:And I thought I wasn't going to buy any new music production gear this year. Let me get on the phone and pre-order mine this week. This is something I have been looking for.....

You DO save 5 bills with a pre order...SO! Even if it wasn't for you, as long as you kept it clean you could sell it for $3799 and make $200 :lol:
It would be worth the risk to have it in your lab to check it out for an extended period of time if you have the dough laying around. Saving up for a down payment on a house blows! I want this thing!
By b.read Thu Apr 02, 2009 10:29 am
After reading up on this thing, I'm a bit iffy about it.

I think for a price tag like this, it should definitely have more i/o.
The touch screen is nice, but a VGA output would definitely be necessary for a commercial setup. The other pieces in their line up have them, why not the Dbeat? I could understand if this was to be their "portable" machine, but the size and weight have already excluded it for that. The user has to be able to hook up a second monitor!

The ipod dock does have me a bit nervous about the longevity of this product. It seems a bit gimmicky to me, while the dock may be useful to some now, I can't really imagine it being so 12 years from now.

On another note, I'd like to hear more about the pre's and ad/da converters that are in this thing! Anyone dig anything up on these?
By Joidibeats Thu Apr 02, 2009 12:19 pm
Askia Shaheed wrote:And I thought I wasn't going to buy any new music production gear this year. Let me get on the phone and pre-order mine this week. This is something I have been looking for.....

Stop bragging about all the shit that you can afford or are going to buy or how much shit you spent on something.

The funniest thing is that you never put your music anywhere.

By CoolHeff Thu Apr 02, 2009 2:32 pm
Joidibeats wrote:

Stop bragging about all the **** that you can afford or are going to buy or how much **** you spent on something.

u mad? lol
By Tracks Thu Apr 02, 2009 2:35 pm
DukeNewport wrote:Dunno bout 'DOPE' laptop+MPD @ 999 , but I see wut ur saying. Big waste of $$$.

you can get something well worth that money these days, so yes i would say "dope" at 999. you dont need the nasa space station to make a beat.
By Comrade Thu Apr 02, 2009 5:06 pm
that iPod dock is a MUST... how can you make HITS like Timbo or Ryan Lesly without an iPod Dock...

removing the keys was a real dumb moves... Keys > Pads...
By Joidibeats Thu Apr 02, 2009 5:37 pm
CoolHeff wrote:
u mad? lol

Well If you knew what this guy´s been saying for the last 6 months.
By Jfalconcrest Thu Apr 02, 2009 6:52 pm
Comrade wrote: Keys > Pads...

For some things maybe, but for banging out breaks, Pads eats keys alive. Also, the 4 by 4 matrix lends itself to some unique melodies that might otherwise not be discovered with the typical key layout.
By Joidibeats Thu Apr 02, 2009 6:56 pm
Jfalconcrest wrote:

For some things maybe, but for banging out breaks, Pads eats keys alive. Also, the 4 by 4 matrix lends itself to some unique melodies that might otherwise not be discovered with the typical key layout.

Im asking all the time why theres not 32 or 64 pads? It would give me SO MANY samples in front of my face. I would love that.
By Comrade Thu Apr 02, 2009 8:32 pm
Joidibeats wrote:
Jfalconcrest wrote:

Im asking all the time why theres not 32 or 64 pads? It would give me SO MANY samples in front of my face. I would love that.

By DJ Hellfire Thu Apr 02, 2009 10:31 pm
Joidibeats wrote:

Stop bragging about all the shit that you can afford or are going to buy or how much shit you spent on something.

http://cougarblawg.com/wordpress/wp-con ... 4/lame.jpg

Wow! That's uncalled for. Especially since he posted his music in the Your Music section a few months ago!
By Joidibeats Fri Apr 03, 2009 11:32 am
DJ Hellfire wrote:
Joidibeats wrote:

Stop bragging about all the **** that you can afford or are going to buy or how much **** you spent on something.

http://cougarblawg.com/wordpress/wp-con ... 4/lame.jpg

Wow! That's uncalled for. Especially since he posted his music in the Your Music section a few months ago!

REALLY? LINK LINK LINK! THIS IS THE DAY IVE BEEN WAITING FOR

And If this is true, my most humblest apologizes (or whatever its spelled (im from Finland))