Forum for all other samplers & synths such as Maschine, MVs, Akai S & Z series, Roland, Korg, OP-1, analog synths etc.
By 64hz Fri Apr 03, 2009 5:45 pm
Dont make this thread about Askia please, if the dude got the money to spend let him. No need to jump out of your chair, how is it going to affect you if your al the way in Helsinki and he is in Tokyo?

Jealousy is a b1tch.
By DukeNewport Fri Apr 03, 2009 8:14 pm
Supreme Being wrote:
DukeNewport wrote:Dunno bout 'DOPE' laptop+MPD @ 999 , but I see wut ur saying. Big waste of $$$.
so yes i would say "dope" at 999.

I wudn't. The op said MPD+laptop = 999. If u gonna hav 799 4 a laptop, it wont be dope.

The whole point 4 dat setup is for software. U need lotta power to do that w/o it sucking.
64hz wrote:Dont make this thread about Askia please
By mr_debauch Fri Apr 03, 2009 8:42 pm
DukeNewport wrote:
Supreme Being wrote:
DukeNewport wrote:Dunno bout 'DOPE' laptop+MPD @ 999 , but I see wut ur saying. Big waste of $$$.
so yes i would say "dope" at 999.

I wudn't. The op said MPD+laptop = 999. If u gonna hav 799 4 a laptop, it wont be dope.

The whole point 4 dat setup is for software. U need lotta power to do that w/o it sucking.
64hz wrote:Dont make this thread about Askia please

you can get a good laptop for 8 bills, or maybe not where you are from.. but I certainly can... ok I admit my laptop was a grand but still I chose one that was a bit more then I needed. maybe you cant get any apple laptops for 8 bills, but we are talking about dope laptops... not ones for sitting in the window seat of starbucks.
By roxstar Fri Apr 03, 2009 10:09 pm
Teddy Riley was talking so highly about the Miko a few months ago, not he's all the Dbeat. I bet he's still the same 'chit that he started using 20+ years ago!
It's all about the money. For the right price, anyone will big-up anything from anybody! Teddy Riley was losing his legendary studio, couldn't sell it, and it just happened to burn down. From what I understand, he owed Uncle Sam some serious money too! He'll be ready to endorse anything right about now!
By mr_debauch Fri Apr 03, 2009 10:16 pm
hey, I would endorse that sh!t if they gave me a free one too... never mind getting payed for doing it..... the machine looks fun, and it probably has less latency then a midi-over-usb pad controller. If it was possible to get several hours of battery life built into that thing (something like 2 9cell laptop batteries at the same time or what ever) then it would be awesome. wanna know why? because then we would start seeing punk ass little rich kids lugging them around on the bus and subway!
By Marc The Drummer Mon May 04, 2009 8:26 pm
Joidibeats wrote:I dont pay 3999 for a computer with pads, get dope laptop and the new MPD 18 and save 3000

you're right. But i think mpd18 and a used CME Bitstream 3X plus an macbook with ableton live would be better than this Open Labs MPC style beatmachine...
By konc3pt Mon May 04, 2009 9:55 pm
Joidibeats wrote:
Askia Shaheed wrote:And I thought I wasn't going to buy any new music production gear this year. Let me get on the phone and pre-order mine this week. This is something I have been looking for.....

Stop bragging about all the shit that you can afford or are going to buy or how much shit you spent on something.

The funniest thing is that you never put your music anywhere.

you have yet to get to know jahrome...that's all he does buys the newest shit out..leven tho he dont make any music with it...he tends to have a good review from time to time
By taxman806 Tue May 05, 2009 2:56 am
konc3pt wrote:
Joidibeats wrote:
Askia Shaheed wrote:And I thought I wasn't going to buy any new music production gear this year. Let me get on the phone and pre-order mine this week. This is something I have been looking for.....

Stop bragging about all the **** that you can afford or are going to buy or how much **** you spent on something.

The funniest thing is that you never put your music anywhere.

you have yet to get to know jahrome...that's all he does buys the newest **** out..leven tho he dont make any music with it...he tends to have a good review from time to time

I always thought that Askia Shaheed was Jahrome. I KNEW IT!!!
By EducatedHands Wed May 06, 2009 11:06 pm

Stop bragging about all the **** that you can afford or are going to buy or how much **** you spent on something.

The funniest thing is that you never put your music anywhere.[/quote]sorry off topic.. but that shaheed dude bought a 5k, and he wanna get one of these? speaks for itself imo. but leave the poor dude alone :D
By Menco Thu May 07, 2009 10:18 am
jbraudio wrote: The ipod dock does have me a bit nervous about the longevity of this product. It seems a bit gimmicky to me, while the dock may be useful to some now, I can't really imagine it being so 12 years from now.

Where can u buy CF cards, floppy's, zipdisk or laptop harddisk 12 years from now?
By b.read Sat May 09, 2009 4:31 am
Menco wrote:
jbraudio wrote: The ipod dock does have me a bit nervous about the longevity of this product. It seems a bit gimmicky to me, while the dock may be useful to some now, I can't really imagine it being so 12 years from now.

Where can u buy CF cards, floppy's, zipdisk or laptop harddisk 12 years from now?

I guess the point I was getting at is that while 3½" floppy drives have been around forever and are still usable in the older mpc models, I don't think an ipod dock will have the same longevity...I could be wrong.
By mr_debauch Sat May 09, 2009 4:40 am
jbraudio wrote:
Menco wrote:

I guess the point I was getting at is that while 3½" floppy drives have been around forever and are still usable in the older mpc models, I don't think an ipod dock will have the same longevity...I could be wrong.

they wont have the same longevity...

ipod docks are only for ipods. ipod is a pivate company and a standard only within apple's mp3 devices and not what so ever amongst anything made by any other companies.

look at.. was it toshiba that made the 2 meg floppy disks? and look at the smaller floppies that were only like 2-1/2 inch. those never lasted. the 2 meg floppies had more disk errors then the typical 1.44mb ones too, and it was a thing made by a private company that no other company used really...

standards are made specifically for compatability by several companies who agree apon the format. That is why they last. ATX form factor computer cases and computer main boards are a prime example. micro star international, gigabit, asus, intel, and all those companies agreed on the atx standard... just as they did with the pervious AT standard and micro atx.. etc...

I dont see creative, microsoft, sony, and them taking on the apple line in / line out / dc in plug as any type of standard.
Last edited by mr_debauch on Sat May 09, 2009 5:01 am, edited 1 time in total.