Forum for all other samplers & synths such as Maschine, MVs, Akai S & Z series, Roland, Korg, OP-1, analog synths etc.
By b.read Mon Aug 17, 2009 7:12 am
okay! okay! okay! one more!

It's a two-fer

By 14k Mon Aug 17, 2009 7:18 am
I ain't gonna argue ....you're right it's no big deal! My only point is that it could have went in both forums....and the fact that I put it in the Off Topic section shouldn't be considered odd according to the descriptions!

By ONE Mon Aug 17, 2009 7:21 am
14k wrote:I ain't gonna argue ....you're right it's no big deal! My only point is that it could have went in both forums....and the fact that I put it in the Off Topic section shouldn't be considered odd according to the descriptions!

The topic is probably going to get more shine here than there anyways. Off-Topic is more about "fun" these days.
By 14k Mon Aug 17, 2009 7:27 am
ONE wrote:
14k wrote:I ain't gonna argue ....you're right it's no big deal! My only point is that it could have went in both forums....and the fact that I put it in the Off Topic section shouldn't be considered odd according to the descriptions!

The topic is probably going to get more shine here than there anyways. Off-Topic is more about "fun" these days.

Consider it dropped! Are you the "ONE" that used to be on the MVNation forum a while back??
By ONE Mon Aug 17, 2009 7:33 am
I don't think so! I joined and asked a few questions about 3 or so years ago. Don't remember what name I went under. I don't think I was there long enough to make an impression on anyone. Probably someone else.
By mjames4208 Mon Aug 17, 2009 10:53 am
mr_debauch wrote:and next year they will be making them with windows 7... i bet

after W7 is tested by Open Labs, for use with their products it'll be available, but
it'll be consumer upgradable, you wont have to send the unit in.... call open labs
tech support for more information 512-444-6222
By v00d00ppl Mon Aug 17, 2009 6:42 pm
mjames4208 wrote:i have a computer with the same specs from DELL,
its not the same..... open labs uses a special version
of windows xp and their systems are Optimized for audio...

you have to experience the miko or the neko hands on
to know what im talking about......

the special version of windows you are talking about can be manually done by going to www.musicxp.net and looking at the basic tweaks. It shaves off quite a bit when i tweaked my laptop to run live 5,6,7,8

I'm currently running windows 7 on live 8 and the benchmarks are crazy on the performance test. Just running one core on the i7 with the performance test, I max out the core in the benchmark with only 17% usage.

now i can make beats and play crysis
By v00d00ppl Tue Aug 18, 2009 12:14 am
homie...i got a 1GB videocard.....9GB of rizzam.........i got it on lock....but usually i just keep crysis at the high setting, not highest becauset even with a nice videocard my stuff gets flickered.

comrade...do you use live?
By bennisixx Tue Aug 18, 2009 3:08 am
Laptops are you kidding? either a hand me down cpu, novice producer, or a mobile producer
doubt the ladder for the vast majority
get a F$%^*^ desktop guys come on
laptops just cant hang and are way more pressure on the wallet

the I pod dock makes it a walmart item for me---cough cough gimmick cough
Presonus interface @%^#!!! thing could of had an internal pci interface or something motu or rme
Ive never used one ok ok and I never will

Price point for new guys--- great starter studio(hip hop biased)
$500 desktop w/ 17" monitor 7200 rpm hd 2+ ghz prosses (you find em there all over the web
$100 extra monitor
$75 4 gb ram
$99 ART tube pac channel srip
$350 shure sm7b
$179. edirol ma-15 monitors
$99m- audio keyrig -49(ps best buy has a version compat. w vista)
$499DAW of choice I say sonar
$40 AKG headphones -40-200$
$99presonus hp4(used for more than headphoned hook it to your mpc ins yeah
?mpc you decide but you prob already have one
$150emu 1212m pci interface
$50cables

$2240 without MPC beat that shi$ not the best but solid
2799 for that give me a mp-2nv pre instead $2299

note throw the modem on this cpu away this is your studio not your BS connection
b
By mr_debauch Tue Aug 18, 2009 5:14 am
mjames4208 wrote:
mr_debauch wrote:and next year they will be making them with windows 7... i bet

it'll be consumer upgradable, you wont have to send the unit in.... call open labs
tech support for more information 512-444-6222

or i could just install it myself... it is a computer with a built in mpd and touch screen... (granted you might have to ask open labs for some drivers if a disk doesn't come with the machine)

and who are you to refer me to open labs techs? do you work for them or something?
By 14k Thu Aug 20, 2009 7:36 pm
Many producers say they want a machine that will marry the best of the software world and hardware world seamlessly. Others say that a good midi control surface is all that's needed to run their software applications. I agree with both statements! People that has bought this new gizmo will swear by it's power....but then again, who doesn't defend the gear that they love using!

I have mixed emotions about this new device, so I'll will have test drive it for myself! When it comes to Open Labs.......you must have an Open Mind!!! IMHO!