Forum for all other samplers & synths such as Maschine, MVs, Akai S & Z series, Roland, Korg, OP-1, analog synths etc.
By faze1 Sat May 28, 2011 6:45 am
WHat up "O"!!! JJOS2xl is bananas!!!! Is it worth it?.... Yes.

1)Crossfade loop
2)Main screen Grid edit
3)ADSR!!!!!
4)Quantize Strength (DOPE!!!)
5)Non destructive chopping!!!!
(to name a few)

My bad...... this is the maschine thread isnt it? (sorry Clint) :) lol thats just a few features as JJ has added even more features in the past month or so. here's the whole list below. Hit me up on the PM if you have specific questions. I still hit up your youtube vid to hear those beats you did when you gave your studio tour. lol glad to see you back on here. http://www7a.biglobe.ne.jp/~mpc1000/chart.htm
Last edited by faze1 on Sat May 28, 2011 6:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
By faze1 Sat May 28, 2011 6:48 am
I was curious to know how successful cats were in using maschine in control mode like for instance controlling ableton or other plugins?
By optik415 Sat May 28, 2011 11:19 am
faze1 wrote:WHat up "O"!!! JJOS2xl is bananas!!!! Is it worth it?.... Yes.

1)Crossfade loop
2)Main screen Grid edit
3)ADSR!!!!!
4)Quantize Strength (DOPE!!!)
5)Non destructive chopping!!!!
(to name a few)

My bad...... this is the maschine thread isnt it? (sorry Clint) :) lol thats just a few features as JJ has added even more features in the past month or so. here's the whole list below. Hit me up on the PM if you have specific questions. I still hit up your youtube vid to hear those beats you did when you gave your studio tour. lol glad to see you back on here. http://www7a.biglobe.ne.jp/~mpc1000/chart.htm

HAHA! Thats crazy.I was thinkin bout that video earlier tonight.Check out my blog and new record label "The Chillout Music" Only dopeness on there and a handfull of my productions including a video of my second place win at the beatles beat battle where i shut the whole place down LOL.

http://thechillout.tumblr.com/
By sdotwin Sat May 28, 2011 3:10 pm
its funny and almost expected that these 2 pieces of gear be debated upon...

so what are we really talking about here?

They both are 16 pad drum machines that reach the same goal / finish line, provided that your actually focusing on the music making and NOT the hype of each tool.

I own and use both maschine and the mpc 2kxl with great results.

bashing either one for its limitations seems like user error imho.

I also own a casio fz 1 and a zoom sampletrak.....those are what you call limited!
By optik415 Sat May 28, 2011 9:15 pm
sdotwin wrote:its funny and almost expected that these 2 pieces of gear be debated upon...

so what are we really talking about here?

They both are 16 pad drum machines that reach the same goal / finish line, provided that your actually focusing on the music making and NOT the hype of each tool.

I own and use both maschine and the mpc 2kxl with great results.

bashing either one for its limitations seems like user error imho.

I also own a casio fz 1 and a zoom sampletrak.....those are what you call limited!

you win!
By konc3pt Thu Jun 02, 2011 12:55 pm
Askia Shaheed wrote:I am selling Maschine...dirt cheap to whomever that wants one

how is it dirt cheap you didnt even list the price

Askia Shaheed wrote: Best Offer
By konc3pt Fri Jun 03, 2011 1:43 pm
Askia Shaheed wrote:
konc3pt wrote:
Askia Shaheed wrote:I am selling Maschine...dirt cheap to whomever that wants one

how is it dirt cheap you didnt even list the price

Askia Shaheed wrote: Best Offer

Any reasonable offer....

I took that quote from you ad it says best offer takes it not any resonable, in that case what's a reasonable offer ?
By jpeg Mon Jun 13, 2011 9:53 am
as i mentioned b4 if you work in the box like i do just rocking vst and chopping shit maschine is alot quicker.

people like the fact they have the best thing out or the industry standard.

they seem to derrive some form of prestige from it and subsequently they will down anything that comes out that may threaten the position of their favoured hardware.

but everyone gonna use what they like they all essentially do the same thing anyway
By Fayah Mon Jun 13, 2011 1:12 pm
I tried Maschine, it's cool but slicing sucks and i don't like scene and pattern. But cool effect. I prefer MPC with JJOSXL, faster and more intuitive for me!
By konc3pt Mon Jun 13, 2011 1:17 pm
goldslum wrote:i was reading the last couple pages on this thread and it sounds more like an mpc fan-boy denial thread :lol:

a whole lot of can kicking by people who haven't even tried one out...

Ouch...for the record I had it for couple years and just traded for an mpc over the weekend :wink:
By EntropicThought Tue Jun 14, 2011 5:23 am
I started on FL then went to Maschine, then sold it because, apparently, I'm dumb. Then I went back to FL and now I'm on the 2000XL.

All of them are different, yet the the same. I feel that all of them pretty much work the same but different things stick out in them and lead you in certain directions.

I'm liking where the MPC is taking me. Its not as fast as FL or Maschine(at least so far, when I get more use to it my work flow will be faster. I still think it will always be slower due to load times though and the way you have to do some things.) But, its speed works for me, as I take my time making everything right. The way it makes me approach a beat is interesting too.

But small things are different that could be nicer. Like auditioning drums, on Maschine and FL it is so nice.