Forum for all other samplers & synths such as Maschine, MVs, Akai S & Z series, Roland, Korg, OP-1, analog synths etc.
By Askia Shaheed Tue Jun 14, 2011 10:57 am
goldslum wrote:i was reading the last couple pages on this thread and it sounds more like an mpc fan-boy denial thread :lol:

a whole lot of can kicking by people who haven't even tried one out...

MPC-fan boy here...for sure...and for good reason. I bought Maschine. Tried it out. Even waited for OS 1.6..and tried it out. But for me, it do anything I couldn't already do on an MPC. While Maschine is not limited to sample memory and by its nature of being of software/dedicated controller, it is naturally more integrated with a computer. But in order for it to replace an MPC (for me), it has to come out on top when it comes to sampling/ sample editing, and sequencing. While it is a capable tool to be used to create music, like all music production products, it just doesn't do enough for me.

I sold it on eBay and bought two MPC 2000s.
By konc3pt Tue Jun 14, 2011 1:30 pm
Askia Shaheed wrote:I sold it on eBay and bought two MPC 2000s.

wow so you saying that you might give it away to a forum member or advertising in for sale for best offer was all baloney...you flop your gums way too much jack....
By goldslum Fri Jun 17, 2011 4:23 am
sensei wrote:
konc3pt wrote:
you flop your gums way too much jack....

LOL

i've been on this forum (under other names) for years. and i've known this about this guy since he showed up around the time the 5k forums showed up. :lol:
By Askia Shaheed Sat Jun 18, 2011 1:41 pm
konc3pt wrote:

wow so you saying that you might give it away to a forum member or advertising in for sale for best offer was all baloney...you flop your gums way too much jack....

I did offer Maschine up to forum members first on 2 June...waited almost a week. Then I listed it on eBay and provided the link to the forum: viewtopic.php?f=12&t=144482 :oops:

I got one reply. But I didn't have time for games. When I say make me an offer..you do just that. No offer was made so I listed it on Ebay where it sold immediately. Done. :oops: Your apology is accepted in advance.

I bought Maschine over a year ago basically to give the forum real feedback from the perspective of an MPC user. There was no one in the forum that would completely tell the truth at the time. Since NI said that they plan to continue supporting Maschine with OS updates, I held on to it to see if they would incorporate improvements to sampling, sample editing, and sequencing. Nothing that did in OS 1.6 in "those areas" qualify as an improvement IMHO. So it sat collecting dust....and I wanted to find it a good home since obviously can make music with it. I certainly didn't sell it because I need the money. In the process of selling it, I found two cheap MPC 2000s..so I just used the money to buy them. I haven't used an MPC 2000 in years but have fond memories of it.

@goldslum
I have been a forum member here for over a decade. And I was the first to own the MPC 2500, 4000, and 5000...just FYI.

To wrap this up, I have nothing more to say about Maschine that I and many others haven't already said. I don't own it any longer...and feel no need to make further comments about it.