Forum for all other samplers & synths such as Maschine, MVs, Akai S & Z series, Roland, Korg, OP-1, analog synths etc.
By RuelzRekka Sat Apr 17, 2010 8:20 pm
I'm trying to track out the sounds, but i'm having trouble figuring this out. I set the midi configuration on the EPS from "internal" to "midi" then set up cubase to receive midi time code from the M-Audio Uno 1x1 midi interface cord, but it doesn't work. maybe i'm doing this totally wrong? looked up videos, but i can't figure it out.
By dabmeister Sat Apr 17, 2010 8:25 pm
If the eps is anything like an ASR10, the only option for sync would be midi clock. I'm not sure if you specifically wanted the eps to be the master or what, but I'd make cubase the master and slave the eps.
By RuelzRekka Sat Apr 17, 2010 8:38 pm
well i wanna slave cubase to the EPS so i can track out sounds and play vsts if needed. would that m-audio uno midi interface cord work? i was going to slave cubase via midi clock, but i don't know the specific settings to put other than going to "sync setup" and clicking on the midi time control option and then going to the EPS and changing it's midi configuration from "internal" to "midi".
By dabmeister Sat Apr 17, 2010 8:52 pm
RuelzRekka wrote:well i wanna slave cubase to the EPS so i can track out sounds and play vsts if needed. would that m-audio uno midi interface cord work? i was going to slave cubase via midi clock, but i don't know the specific settings to put other than going to "sync setup" and clicking on the midi time control option and then going to the EPS and changing it's midi configuration from "internal" to "midi".

What you're trying to do will still work even if cubase is the master. I use cubase or nuendo and make them the master when I track my stuff. I rather have it like this because the daw makes an excellent master source for distributing both midi clock and mtc at the same time to their respective destinations (providing you have enough midi I/O ports to accomodate this).

If you go to the heading at the top of cubase, you should see "transport". From transport, go down to "sync setup" and click on it so that all of your sync options are displayed. Internal timecode should be the first & only option checked at this point followed by scoping out your midi timecode destinations & midi clock destinations. Whatever boxes give you the option to "follow project time or position" should be ignored. You should see your uno in at least one of the two destination dialogs I previously mention (and if not, then the only one selected should be midi clock). At this point, I'd focus on sending midi clock out to its proper destination and test to make sure it's working. MTC options are good if you want to sync your mpc correctly.

That 1x1 will get you in the arena, but you'll have a bunch of problems if there's other pieces in your studio that will require some sort of sync. I guess you won't find this out until you get to that fork in the road.
Last edited by dabmeister on Sat Apr 17, 2010 9:14 pm, edited 2 times in total.
By dabmeister Sat Apr 17, 2010 9:10 pm
RuelzRekka wrote:alright. the only thing i have to sync is the EPS. what are your specific settings in cubase when you do this? i thought midi clock and midi time control were the same thing?

Cool on just syncing the EPS. But nah, clock and timecode are two totally different types of sync. But check out what I just previously posted and it may help you get things going.
By xabiton Sat Apr 17, 2010 9:36 pm
RuelzRekka wrote:I'm trying to track out the sounds, but i'm having trouble figuring this out. I set the midi configuration on the EPS from "internal" to "midi" then set up cubase to receive midi time code from the M-Audio Uno 1x1 midi interface cord, but it doesn't work. maybe i'm doing this totally wrong? looked up videos, but i can't figure it out.

for tracking I havent figured out how to slave my EPS classic to my daw but ive tracked by slaving the daw to the EPS by turning the timing back to internal