Forum for all other samplers & synths such as Maschine, MVs, Akai S & Z series, Roland, Korg, OP-1, analog synths etc.
By Deta!L Sun May 30, 2010 2:16 am
I've been working with Styleflip to get this SP1200 face into production to preserve the SP legacy and offer a cheaper customization option from Forat (the drum machine god..much respect!) and it's finally done.

I made a post at the DXA/SP1200 site as well, but thought I"d spread the word as much as possible as I think it's pretty big news for those with SP's

http://www.styleflip.com/index.php?main ... cts_id=291

HOLLER!
By JUKE 179r Sun May 30, 2010 5:34 pm
IMHO... I'd never put a vinyl skin picture on my SP if I had one. I'd want it original so everyone would know what I'm working with. It'd be like me putting a vinyl skin on my TR-808 and 909. I'd never do that but good luck with it brotha Deta!L. My 2 cents... 8)
Bymember_5949kfk50e0d3 Sun May 30, 2010 5:41 pm
JUKE 179r wrote:IMHO... I'd never put a vinyl skin picture on my SP if I had one. I'd want it original so everyone would know what I'm working with. It'd be like me putting a vinyl skin on my TR-808 and 909. I'd never do that but good luck with it brotha Deta!L. My 2 cents... 8)

I agree, anything legendary like that shouldn't be covered
By Deta!L Tue Jun 01, 2010 11:17 pm
yeah, it's not that serious and it's not my venture..I'm not getting any money from it...just looking to add to the options for SP1200 owners after looking for a new 1200 face and talking with Forat about the lack of options...

I think it's dope

you could just use the stock look or you can experiment and it's not permanent...that's dope in my opinion for a piece this old

I'd love to have that option with the MPC 3000 and hell I might take off my face of the 3K and send it to them just to have the option
By LvngDead Tue Jun 01, 2010 11:29 pm
Seeing as how the 1200 is a rare item, they're selling these styleflips for real cheap.

They could prolly raise it to $70 or $80 and still sell the same amount.
By DJ Hellfire Tue Jun 01, 2010 11:42 pm
JUKE 179r wrote:IMHO... I'd never put a vinyl skin picture on my SP if I had one. I'd want it original so everyone would know what I'm working with. It'd be like me putting a vinyl skin on my TR-808 and 909. I'd never do that but good luck with it brotha Deta!L. My 2 cents... 8)

But why would you care what anyone thought about what the gear looked like? As a listener, I could care less if you spray painted your SP hot sex pink and smeared dog shit all over it as long as what came out of it spoke! My 2¢! 8)
By glide Thu Jun 03, 2010 9:20 pm
100% great moves

how do you get them to do the faceplate for new gear btw .. do you just send a request ?

..I´d love to get one for my spectralis mk1
By konc3pt Thu Jun 03, 2010 9:33 pm
good to see sp1200 skins are available, too bad sp1200 itself isnt...this should be a good way for keeping your sp1200 top notch shape for those who do have it
By b.read Wed Jun 16, 2010 3:12 pm
Deta!L wrote:you could just use the stock look

That's what I would do...it'd be great to have that as an option if your sp1200 has an old ashy face...

Deta!L wrote: I might take off my face of the 3K and send it to them just to have the option

Do it! :D