Forum for all other samplers & synths such as Maschine, MVs, Akai S & Z series, Roland, Korg, OP-1, analog synths etc.
By soopa Tue Sep 14, 2010 11:24 am
Good day.. Recently purchased a EPS from a nearby electronic store, decent price..
It did not come with a start up disk, I know a DD floppy is needed.. but before I go dropping 15-21 dollars on what they're passing around online, or spend a whole bunch on a sh!tload of disks, I was wondering if this was normal.. Turning on the EPS, the first two and the last bank light up. Some words are visible on the screen but look like just commands that would work when the OS' is in place.. Also, the floppy drive blinks orange. But that could just be because it's waiting for the OS.. Just wondering if these are normal actings of the machine before I purchase more to go with it... Thanks.
By Pilchard Tue Sep 14, 2010 11:21 pm
When you first turn on the EPS all the lights (both the red and yellow bank lights) should come on steady. The floppy light should be blinking and the screen should say ENSONIQ EPS and PLEASE INSERT DISK alternately.
If it doesn't do all of those you may have a problem with it.