Forum for all other samplers & synths such as Maschine, MVs, Akai S & Z series, Roland, Korg, OP-1, analog synths etc.
By JamesJeffery Thu Oct 28, 2010 12:24 am
Next to me I have a 1998 SP1200 reissue. Had it here for a couple days, traveled 200 miles to collect it.

When I got there to collect it the dude I spoke to wasn't back from work, it was his wife. She was useless. I looked at the machine, switched it on, and without wanting to hang around I paid the £1300 for it and done one.

I got it home, had a play with it and realized 1 of the pads was not working. I popped the pad off, checked the lever and spring and checked for dirt. The level looked a little bent so the connections were not being made. I stuck a piece of paper under the button and bobs your uncle.

After playing with the pads for a while they were all having issues with triggering sounds. So I put paper under all of them. Now they all work fine ... except they feel slightly depressed and don't have that 'button' feeling no more.

Also, only 1 of the outputs work :/

So, it's been a nice chunk of money up the wall to say the least. I called the dude and he said he had no idea etc etc. I couldn't be bothered with the hassle so I spoke to Forat and he's agreed to get the whole thing working back to how it was when it left the factory, AND modify it so the sample monitoring can be monitored properly.

I feel limited, especially with the issues I'm having with it. I'll leave it off until it's sent from the UK, all the way over to Forat, and pray it don't get lost in the post. Just my luck.
By Deta!L Thu Oct 28, 2010 3:43 am
yeah man, that's no good

the paper trick actually makes the pads worse, like you said, I wish noone would recommend that trick...it ends up bending the metal piece that makes contact and those buttons are no where to be found, except Forat, but even he doesn't have new-stock

I have one for sale if you get your money back, buttons work great, but it'll ship from the US too
By Shostakovich Thu Oct 28, 2010 8:21 am
Why send all the way to Forat?

Do you know you need to alert HMRC that you intend to ship the unit out for service and that it shouldn't be slapped with import duty upon return? Forat's fee will, however, incur value added tax.

So all in all, you are looking at Forat's fee + V.A.T + shipping back and forth.

Why not use someone in the UK?

I had my SP serviced with loving care from the Hammond Hire Company. They're based in Coventry and do regular pickups in London off the Essex road. Took 5 days for a very faulty SP.

Good luck though. I would take up Deta!L's offer if you can get your money back.
By MCL Thu Oct 28, 2010 9:48 am
Shostakovich wrote:Why send all the way to Forat?

Do you know you need to alert HMRC that you intend to ship the unit out for service and that it shouldn't be slapped with import duty upon return? Forat's fee will, however, incur value added tax.

So all in all, you are looking at Forat's fee + V.A.T + shipping back and forth.

I had my SP serviced with loving care from the Hammond Hire Company. They're based in Coventry and do regular pickups in London off the Essex road. Took 5 days for a very faulty SP.

Good luck though. I would take up Deta!L's offer if you can get your money back.

This ^^
By scoobylol Thu Oct 28, 2010 9:50 am
MCL wrote:
Shostakovich wrote:Why send all the way to Forat?

This ^^

That ^^

Shostakovich is very wise. You only have to listen to his 15th Symphony to know that.