Forum for all other samplers & synths such as Maschine, MVs, Akai S & Z series, Roland, Korg, OP-1, analog synths etc.
By self Sat Apr 16, 2011 3:29 am
i nkow a few of you got one of these machines and i am having a bit of trouble.

just picked one up. when i turn it on everything lights up. but nothing on the screen.
when i press any of the buttons a certain number or symbol comes up.

any ideas??
By D.B. Cooper Sat Apr 16, 2011 4:07 pm
Are the sample input lights peaking(red)?

If so, from what Ive read this is a symptom of a bad analog board
By self Sat Apr 16, 2011 5:12 pm
no. the instrument buttons are all light up. also the floppy drive light stays on.

i read someone having an issue with a broken floppy drive having something similar going on when he attempted to use a scsi drive, but havent been able to find that thread..
By D.B. Cooper Sat Apr 16, 2011 6:42 pm
Yeah, could be the floppy..
First thing I'd do is open the eps up an make sure all cables are seated properly.

Actually, carefully unplug, and replug all ribbon cables.
It would also be prudent to make sure anything with a
socket(ie. microchip) is properly seated.

Let us know
By self Sat Apr 16, 2011 7:37 pm
so, so far this is what i've got.

check all connections, except for floppy drive, haven't been able to pull it apart that far yet. but when i disconnected the mem/scsi expander and try to turn it on, the floppy drive did spin up, but nothing on screen.

is it possible that the last guy used a scsi drive and that changed the boot sequence? just a thought..

also, one loose cap, but still connected.
By self Sat Apr 16, 2011 8:52 pm
threw in another floppy drive, spins up. still blank screens..
By D.B. Cooper Sat Apr 16, 2011 9:31 pm
What brand/model floppy drive are you using as a replacement?

Will need to do a search with hopes of finding that the floppy drive is
compatible.

Will also need to make sure that the jumper settings are set properly.

What do you mean by loose cap?
By self Sat Apr 16, 2011 9:42 pm
sony mfp920, not supposed to be compatible. was more an experiment to see if the connections were working. done my research on drives.

but the problem is coming off one of the boards i think. the machine doesn't even come up to the ensoniq eps screen of prompt an os disc.

one of the capacitors on the board with fuses is loose, but, i don't think that is causing a problem, that's a pretty common thing on all electronics.

what i believe is the analog board, is halfway situated underneath the keys, so i am working on pullin that up. my hopes are for just a loose connection..