Forum for all other samplers & synths such as Maschine, MVs, Akai S & Z series, Roland, Korg, OP-1, analog synths etc.
By Explicit- Wed Sep 21, 2011 3:52 pm
Anyone know what the difference is from the Full Version to the EDU Version in Maschine???

I googled the question but got no where.
I also joined their Forum and did a search but got no where...
And I cant post there at the moment because of some Admin issue? Im still waiting on the email confirmation to activate my account.
By tapedeck Wed Sep 21, 2011 3:57 pm
usually, the edu versions just mean no free upgrades, or no reduced price upgrades.

that's how it was for logic, at least.

functionality generally remains untouched.
By Explicit- Wed Sep 21, 2011 4:02 pm
tapedeck wrote:usually, the edu versions just mean no free upgrades, or no reduced price upgrades.

that's how it was for logic, at least.

functionality generally remains untouched.

No free upgrade to the new software when it comes out or no free updates?

Im assuming you can still update from 1.6 to 1.7 etc. right?
By Explicit- Wed Sep 21, 2011 4:07 pm
Coz wrote:http://www.native-instruments.com/forum/showthread.php?t=133584

Thanks... I found another thread that was similar...
Just sucks that its been 2 days and I cant Make a new thread or post on that forum for some unknown reason???
By tapedeck Wed Sep 21, 2011 4:11 pm
yea its just license stuff.
you probably cannot use it on more than one computer at a time.

for example, if i run logic on one computer that is on the same network as another computer that has logic open, it will say, 'another instance of logic is running and you cant do that f*** off'.

it only matters on the same network though.
By konc3pt Wed Sep 21, 2011 4:17 pm
you'll get free upgrades as everybody else, just cant transfer the license if you decided to sell it
By Explicit- Wed Sep 21, 2011 4:20 pm
konc3pt wrote:you'll get free upgrades as everybody else, just cant transfer the license if you decided to sell it

Cool thanks for the info.

I really want one but I think Im just going through gear lust. :lol:
By Coz Wed Sep 21, 2011 4:23 pm
Explicit- wrote:I really want one but I think Im just going through gear lust. :lol:

Same as me with the Tempest/Octatrack. :(
By tapedeck Wed Sep 21, 2011 4:41 pm
yea the update / upgrade thing is generally like, same versions are free, but no reduced pricing for full-version upgrades.

at least thats what i've seen.

slight derail - i tried maschine for the first time last night. kind of cool, but, it just made me love the mpc sequencer so much more. there were little things that were driving me crazy, namely regarding note erasing.

you know, its those little things that make you you appreciate the good stuff, that you don't always think about when you are drooling over the specs and proposed 'power' of another system....in practice those little things that you never thought about end up driving you crazy.

also, i cant STAND those damn light up pads! why the fock are they on and 'kinda' on? id prefer to have straight on and off.

anyway...just had to get that out. still seems like a cool piece...the quanitsation options in real time were GREAT and having 8 banks is pretty great.
By konc3pt Wed Sep 21, 2011 5:33 pm
Explicit- wrote:
konc3pt wrote:you'll get free upgrades as everybody else, just cant transfer the license if you decided to sell it

Cool thanks for the info.

I really want one but I think Im just going through gear lust. :lol:

its coo machine, i traded mine for 2500 but I will probably get another down the road
By tapedeck Wed Sep 21, 2011 5:46 pm
i tried it at guitar center. seriously dislike that place and id buy from somewhere else but they do have demo units out which is cool.
By mr_debauch Wed Sep 21, 2011 5:53 pm
tapedeck wrote:for example, if i run logic on one computer that is on the same network as another computer that has logic open, it will say, 'another instance of logic is running and you cant do that f*** off'.

it only matters on the same network though.

That is insane