Forum for all other samplers & synths such as Maschine, MVs, Akai S & Z series, Roland, Korg, OP-1, analog synths etc.
By Ill-Green Thu Dec 15, 2011 11:51 pm
Did you know that you can interchange compact flash cards between a 404 and MPCs 1000, 2500 and the 2000XL (with cf reader of course) without transfering through a PC? Yes indeedy, it work flawlessly.

Act like you know!

EDIT - The MPC500 too (duh)
Last edited by Ill-Green on Fri Dec 16, 2011 12:37 am, edited 2 times in total.
By Lampdog Fri Dec 16, 2011 2:09 am
I've been doing that with my triton extreme and 2kxl for years now, lol.
By brucker Fri Dec 16, 2011 5:34 am
if only those cf-sd card adapter thingies worked well,...

cant have everything i suppose.
By Funkydrops Fri Dec 16, 2011 10:09 am
Ill-Green wrote:Did you know that you can interchange compact flash cards between a 404 and MPCs 1000, 2500 and the 2000XL (with cf reader of course) without transfering through a PC? Yes indeedy, it work flawlessly.

Act like you know!

How do you like your 404? I'm liking a lot my 303 but always thought I should try the bigger bro...
By Ill-Green Fri Dec 16, 2011 3:24 pm
Lampdog wrote:I've been doing that with my triton extreme and 2kxl for years now, lol.

Thats good to know, so it can be done as long the device has a cf reader :idea:

Funkydrops wrote:
Ill-Green wrote:Did you know that you can interchange compact flash cards between a 404 and MPCs 1000, 2500 and the 2000XL (with cf reader of course) without transfering through a PC? Yes indeedy, it work flawlessly.

Act like you know!

How do you like your 404? I'm liking a lot my 303 but always thought I should try the bigger bro...

Not really, I own a 303 too and a 606. But there was an experiment at sp-forums so I wanted to try it with my friend's 404 and his 1000 and it worked. Usually you have to format a card to the device used or it'll say "Card Not Formatted" it was surprising to see that it doesn't have to be.

Thought maybe those with a 404 could use this trick, since now you can chop in your MPC and send it to the 404 to get wet in effects then send them back to be sequenced in the MPC. :mrgreen:
By Lampdog Fri Dec 16, 2011 4:49 pm
Ill-Green wrote:Thats good to know, so it can be done as long the device has a cf reader :idea

I formatted a 512mb lexar cf card on my computer using fat16 and sticking with 8 character filenames just like we always suggest doing on 2kxl. Triton Extreme can also read fat16 formatted cf cards.

On another half related note, the triton has usb to computer also just like mpc1k, using a common printer usb cable. I can freely move samples to/from the cf card inside the triton as easy as the mpc1k, shows up in windows as a removable drive.
By Funkydrops Mon Dec 26, 2011 4:01 pm
Nym wrote:i miss my sp404
i have zero reason to get another one but i still miss it

...me too, but as I just found it @149 euros with AC adapter I thought that was enough of a good reason to pick it up;-)
By distortedtekno Mon Dec 26, 2011 7:37 pm
Yeah look what you guys started... :lol:
The thought of the 404 still makes me want one for the portability factor and the price. Field sampling is like audio photography. The 404 seems to fit the bill much better than anything I've seen in this department. I'm definitely seeing this as a valuable tool for my existing setup and definitely finding more of a use for it. :)
By Emilie Tue Dec 27, 2011 8:09 am
Ha i had one of those. But with the lack of pan, pitch and envelopes (which i thought would be standard in modern gear) i turned it in for a mpc500.
By tyrone_biggums Tue Dec 27, 2011 8:16 am
eimer wrote:Ha i had one of those. But with the lack of pan, pitch and envelopes (which i thought would be standard in modern gear) i turned it in for a mpc500.

yeah i got the 404sx, its real crazy they don't come with pan, pitch, and envelopes. i use mine mainly for effects, their great for running your turntable through while sampling. i love how you can add effects on the fly. its def not my cup of tea for chopping or drums though.