Forum for all other samplers & synths such as Maschine, MVs, Akai S & Z series, Roland, Korg, OP-1, analog synths etc.
By emptysea Sun Jan 22, 2012 3:11 am
JAH wrote:For example....Maschine has VST support. It automaps parameters to its 8 knobs. If you VST has more than this, you have to use a drop down box to navigae to next 8 parameters...then next after after that.

False. You can flick through pages with the left and right arrow buttons next to the screens on the hardware. No "drop down" menus involved.

JAH wrote:Maschine doesn't have a mixer. Mixers are a common feature that all audio products should and must have. So while you can adjust levels of sounds withing Maschine, you don't get the intuitive workflow as a typical mixer.

You can mix and master in Maschine.
By JAH Sun Jan 22, 2012 3:20 am
emptysea wrote:
JAH wrote:For example....Maschine has VST support. It automaps parameters to its 8 knobs. If you VST has more than this, you have to use a drop down box to navigae to next 8 parameters...then next after after that.

False. You can flick through pages with the left and right arrow buttons next to the screens on the hardware. No "drop down" menus involved.

JAH wrote:Maschine doesn't have a mixer. Mixers are a common feature that all audio products should and must have. So while you can adjust levels of sounds withing Maschine, you don't get the intuitive workflow as a typical mixer.

You can mix and master in Maschine.

I was talking about the software....but lets address the hardware as well.

Let's say you have 96 VST parameters ( :lol: :wink: )..you will have to navigate through 12 pages using the left/right arrows on the hardware or the drop-down menu on the software. Wouldn't you much rather have all 96 parameters on one screen? I would.

You can mix and master in Maschine? I am sure you can do alot of stuff in Maschine. But Maschine certainly doesn't have a audio mixer with automation. Last time I checked, its best to mix with an actual mixer. NI has 30 years of technology and examples to create an actual mixer.

These are workflow killers for me. And I am sure that having these additonal basic functions would make using Maschine more enjoyable for you.