Forum for all other samplers & synths such as Maschine, MVs, Akai S & Z series, Roland, Korg, OP-1, analog synths etc.
By mp3 Thu Feb 02, 2012 10:52 pm
Lampdog wrote:
mp3 wrote:I'm just on my minimalist ish right now...

Me too, only 2 things that create music in my room and the interface is about it.

Oh I'm not quite there... :lol: but I am down to basically my MPC to create (and a couple synths/turntables to feed it sounds), and Ableton Live to tweak out, arrange and mix (and a couple analog rack units to make it bump).

But the REAL truth is that my maxxed out purple screen ASR-10 is on extended loan to my nephew, and he don't wanna give it back. :?
I'm starting to think he broke it and don't wanna tell me... :lol: :lol: :lol:
By JUKE 179r Thu Feb 02, 2012 11:18 pm
mp3 wrote:I'm starting to think he broke it and don't wanna tell me...

:lol:
By tonyscarbones Thu Feb 02, 2012 11:36 pm
damn i just got an asr-x black

post some more of these tips and tricks

how would i loop a sound? like with that noise floor bass note trick
By distortedtekno Fri Feb 03, 2012 1:35 am
Nice custom paint!

I went down to the pawn shop where I saw an ASR X recently. But it's gone. It wasn't the Pro, and I knew I was better off finding out more about them before doing anything. I may have to find one for cheap. Someone here just mentioned $150 for current prices... I gotta check that out. :)
By mp3 Fri Feb 03, 2012 2:09 am
Don't remember the exact process as far as looping, but basically you set the play mode to loop fwd or loop fwd+bkwd, then set the start, loop and end points accordingly. I think all the parameters are under the Edit Pad button. Its been a while...

Another tip: You may have to think a little differently as far as editing samples on the X. On most samplers, you usually pick whichever sample you want to edit, and then edit all the parameters for that one sample. But with the X, you will want to pick a parameter (for example the filter) and edit that parameter for all pads. The reason being is it is slow to navigate to the parameter you want to edit, but you can pick which pad you want to edit by just tapping it.
By Prah_860_ Fri Feb 03, 2012 3:04 pm
Brings back memories on when I was about to cop the 2000xl and this was the runner up......that sh*t looks good
By b.read Sun Feb 05, 2012 6:16 pm
That shit is swank-ay... :)
By mr_debauch Sun Feb 05, 2012 6:37 pm
not often but once in a while... you see a custom paint job that has me thinking that it should have been released that way originally... this one and that black tr-909 comes to mind. That black 4000 is close too.
By Sabotage Mon Feb 06, 2012 12:14 am
Very nice, makes me want to do something to my ASR-X aswell. It would do well with some attention. First and foremost I need to replace the rotary encoders tho.
By Cicatrix Mon Feb 06, 2012 6:15 pm
Actually I went to a local screen printing/embroidery/ vehicle wrap shop. Originally I was going to have them make a template of the lettering then paint it, and have them screen print the lettering back on. The guy at the shop told me he could make a template of the lettering, then print the lettering on the vinyl and wrap it just like he does the cars for a lot cheaper. So I let him do it that way, and I gotta tell you the dude did a real good job. It ended up turning out really nice I think. I put the carbon fiber sides on myself just like you would typically apply vinyl. I am still working on the back plate though. It's a little more difficult because of all the holes in the metal.
One of my essential buttons is sticking though because when I went to put the lcd panel board back onto the front plate I guess that particular button wasn't lined up just right. That part was sort of a real **** putting it back on. That's why I am sort of dreading taking it off and trying to line all the buttons back up again just for that one button.
By mp3 Mon Feb 06, 2012 7:33 pm
Try putting the buttons back in after you reassemble the faceplate. Its easier that way.
By Fre$hBreath Fri Apr 21, 2017 6:21 pm
Cicatrix wrote:Just got done, yay. Here is some pics of my new custom asr x pro.

It isn't exactly how I wanted it but oh well.

Please, kind sir, reveal where did you get this done?...
By JUKE 179r Fri Apr 21, 2017 8:16 pm
This is a 5 years old thread. you might want to PM him.. cicatrix.
By Lampdog Fri Apr 21, 2017 10:04 pm
That white ASR X PRO will make me buy that machine again. I regret ever selling mine (only collected half of the payment and then ole girl disappeared).