Forum for all other samplers & synths such as Maschine, MVs, Akai S & Z series, Roland, Korg, OP-1, analog synths etc.
By MONSTA Wed Apr 18, 2012 4:11 am
GodDevilWhatever wrote:The whole chopping bug can be fixed by using the mouse to get fine detail after the slice points have been set. Because when you hold a transient down and then press a pad, it **** everything up. You have to press the pad when you're NOT holding down the mouse, that's all.

thats just what happens .. so is that a trick .. or i was doing it wrong all along ?? idk i should not have 2 use the mouse thoe right ???
By MONSTA Wed Apr 18, 2012 4:12 am
DJ Hellfire wrote:Just install Maschine on the MacBook and chop up some ****. Couldn't reproduce that chopping bug! Surprisingly, the controller pads are extremely responsive on the coreaudio driver!

im glad it worked for you.. ill try it again .. if not then . ill just call ni
By DJ Hellfire Fri Apr 20, 2012 3:18 am
MONSTA wrote:
DJ Hellfire wrote:Just install Maschine on the MacBook and chop up some ****. Couldn't reproduce that chopping bug! Surprisingly, the controller pads are extremely responsive on the coreaudio driver!

im glad it worked for you.. ill try it again .. if not then . ill just call ni

Just spent more time with it tonight. Spent about 2 hours straight chopping shit up. Not a single issue.
By Ill-Green Fri Apr 20, 2012 4:32 am
Word, I picked up a Maschine myself and slammed it against the wall and shattered it into a hundred pieces :lol: :lol:

I did tried it though, and I didn't like the pads, kind of like the SP-606's but harder. But I can see the potential, I did liked accessing my sound files and tossing them into the pads like quick with the mouse. You can have different folders of sounds and try them out on the fly. That was a breath of fresh air. But I didn't buy one because with the Ren coming soon, I know some new stuff will be out by then, who knows but it happens. Besides the Maschine is a couple years old.
By GodDevilWhatever Fri Apr 20, 2012 6:14 pm
I hear ya. It doesn't have the authenticity of an MPC but it was a step forward in the production world. Not to mention that their sounds and ability inside a DAW is quite good.

I definitely agree that it's not perfect though. I'll be using both when the MPC Ren comes out. I was going to just sell the maschine, but the sounds that Native Instruments has with Komplete 8 and the Abbey Road drums is just too **** awesome.
By GodDevilWhatever Sun Apr 22, 2012 12:24 pm
honestly I'm going to be using both. Native Instruments is really sweet this decade and their sounds from abbey road drums to new ways of producing. I'm still hella excited for the Renaissance though, I mean that shit is going to be launching nukes
By Blue Haze Mon Apr 23, 2012 12:37 am
Maschine is cool and the coolest part is that with each free update they add something new. I got few complaints about that. 1.8 or 2.0 who knows but they need a step editor I need my numbers from the mpc. But hey Ren is going to have that so I'm set.
By JAH Mon Apr 23, 2012 1:49 am
Blue Haze wrote:Maschine is cool and the coolest part is that with each free update they add something new. I got few complaints about that. 1.8 or 2.0 who knows but they need a step editor I need my numbers from the mpc. But hey Ren is going to have that so I'm set.

I am not so sure the MPC Ren will have the classic MPC step editor...which lists all the MIDI event information. No video released has shown this function.
By JAH Mon Apr 23, 2012 3:23 am
Blue Haze wrote:Damn I hope so, even logic has a event list editor.

I hope so too. If not, this will probably be at the top of my feature requests. Personally, I feel any feature commonly found in all MPC models should be included in the MPC Ren/Studio.
By spacecat Thu Aug 23, 2012 7:51 am
MONSTA wrote:does anyone know if they fixed the sample chop mode in ni maschine .. every time i to trim the sample .. it jumps every were .. then i have to start all over again .. so i just gave up using maschine .. i hope this does not happen in mpc ren ..

I had this problem when a usb cable was glitchy, changed it and it worked perfectly since