Forum for all other samplers & synths such as Maschine, MVs, Akai S & Z series, Roland, Korg, OP-1, analog synths etc.
By AntonPD Mon May 14, 2012 5:06 pm
and are there master gain settings inside the machine? (pre DA conversion)
By dude Tue May 15, 2012 6:32 pm
Hello to all the Akai addicts out there!

I've read a lot of threads in the forums to get me informed of what's possible and I have to admit... I love the digital way to gather information... but like any of you... I love the analog way to make beats!!! If I could marry Akai I would... straight away... but let's get to the point:

I have a S950 with the ib105 board... bought a DMA cable and a cased ICD AdScsi Plus hostadapter connected to a Conner harddisk, Syquest 270mb drive and a centronics adapter... but it won't work.
I connected two different 100mb external zip-drives and one 250mb zip-drive to the adapter... won't work.

I heard that you have to wait for like a half minute until you switch on the s950 after turning on the external components... won't work.

Anyone know if this particular ICD hostadapter is incompatible with the OS 1.0 from the s950???

Any clues, any solutions...

Pleeeeeaaase help me out here!
By peterpiper Tue May 15, 2012 10:56 pm
dude wrote:Hello to all the Akai addicts out there!

I've read a lot of threads in the forums to get me informed of what's possible and I have to admit... I love the digital way to gather information... but like any of you... I love the analog way to make beats!!! If I could marry Akai I would... straight away... but let's get to the point:

I have a S950 with the ib105 board... bought a DMA cable and a cased ICD AdScsi Plus hostadapter connected to a Conner harddisk, Syquest 270mb drive and a centronics adapter... but it won't work.
I connected two different 100mb external zip-drives and one 250mb zip-drive to the adapter... won't work.

I heard that you have to wait for like a half minute until you switch on the s950 after turning on the external components... won't work.

Anyone know if this particular ICD hostadapter is incompatible with the OS 1.0 from the s950???

Any clues, any solutions...

Pleeeeeaaase help me out here!

wow good question. I wonder if anyone here have the ICD. I know that adapter from my old Atari and it does a great job there but I can't tell you if it work with the 950.
The order to mount the drive/disk correctly could be:

1. power on the drive
2. put in the disk and wait a few second (lets say 10 seconds)
3. turn on the 950

It also could be the termination on the zip. Did you switch the termination on?

oh wait. you got OS 1.0 on the 950?? I know for sure that this OS won't work with the IB109. It might won't work with the 105 too.

Finding the OS eprom is very tough

peace
By dude Wed May 16, 2012 10:06 am
Yes, I tried to power up that way too with and without termination... no chance!

I've read that the ib109 only works with the eprom 1.2 B but the 105 is way older so I guess that's not the prob!?

Wanted to grab the manual for the 105. Only one chance on ebay for a ridiculous 30 dollars for shipping and handling to Germany!

Like you said... I hope someone had the same problem before and can help me out.

By the way: I just ordered a SD Floppy Emulator REV F from this page: LOTHAREK.PL

The rev f is a 3,5" bay drive... Nice.

So all I want to do is to archive my floppies on the sd via the hostadapter and then replace the internal floppy!

It's nice to know that some guys still develop new stuff for old gear!
By peterpiper Wed May 16, 2012 9:50 pm
Buying the emulator is a good decision. AFAIK you won't need the hostadapter for copying the floppy disks to the sd (I wonder how you would like to use it cause the icd is a DMA to SCSI adapter and this has nothing to to with the floppy). If you have an compatible floppy drive in your pc you can create image files your floppy disks with omniflop (you might have heard of this software) or the software that is downloadable at the HxC website and copy this image to the sd.
really simple.

peace

BTW. du kannst mir auch ne PM auf deutsch schreiben. Is manchmal einfacher technische Sachen so zu bequatschen :)