Forum for all other samplers & synths such as Maschine, MVs, Akai S & Z series, Roland, Korg, OP-1, analog synths etc.
By -niN Sun Jul 01, 2012 2:35 pm
getting an so1 tommorow for 10,50€ :mrgreen:

Any one else got one of those? and what do you use it for?
I think I'll use it for drums.
32kHz samplingrate :smoker:
Mono In Mono OUT :lol: :lol:

This gonna be fun 8)
By -niN Sun Jul 01, 2012 4:51 pm
Yeah! Read about that circuit bend too... sounds Sick!
Man I'm eager to mess with that old thing :nod:
Certainley gonna add some flavour to my work.. let's see what it's gonna be...
By Harmoncj Sun Jul 01, 2012 5:18 pm
wow! I can't remember the last time I was impressed with a circuit bent instrument, this is absolutely crazy. some of the clips in the s01 s20 s2000 are reminiscent of autechre moments in later autechre albums
By tapedeck Sun Jul 01, 2012 6:32 pm
cool find. as far as i can tell, the s01 is basically a rackmount s20, which is itself a strangely limited but also awesome 'groove sampler'.

one difference is that this page says the s01 maxes at 2mb memory, while the s20 maxes at 16mb - a real pain since it only has a floppy drive for storage.

anyway they sound great - the 32khz is pretty unique and the ad/da definitely colours the sound nicely.

they are really suited for straight sampling (no filters, basic AD envelope, basic looping), or loop / phrase sampling. you probably wont get much out of 'chopping' on this thing. they fit in nicely as like a sampler for a band that doesn't use samplers - cause they are so straightforward they can be operated very easily to do exactly what you want.