Forum for all other samplers & synths such as Maschine, MVs, Akai S & Z series, Roland, Korg, OP-1, analog synths etc.
By Blue Haze Sun Jul 15, 2012 3:07 pm

I`m starting to get gear lust for the granddaddy of the mpcs the linn LM-1.
By Blue Haze Sun Jul 15, 2012 3:21 pm
Cool.

A lot of the sounds that were sampled from this unit the Roland Cr78 were also programmed used in a lot of 80s R&B, Pop, Rock hits and dance.
By bliprock Sun Jul 15, 2012 5:15 pm
the Roland CR-78 is like a big brother version of the older rhythm Ace by the looks of it. I mean the look kinda same, but CR-78 has way more going on, instead of just the presets like samba.
I would like to get a DMX to play with, looks cool in that bad 80s retro way.
I have a Drumtraks here. good fun but the sounds depend on the UV EPROMS that are in it. So people replace the UV EPROMS with ones they burned themselves or bought.
Mine has some original and Linn Drum chips. But it takes 4 UV EPROMS to make a long drum hit sample. So four UV EPROMS for one cymbal sound. i looked into doing it my self as well, but they are a bugger to get out after how ever many decades they have been in there, so no, just replaced capacitors as they fail after so many years,
I think it says in the adverts that its the first ever MIDI drum machine to. So glad i do not have to use a tape deck machine to back the data on. , thats too old school that. Cos thats an option with the tape out and tape in. :lol:
By mr.pleasant Sun Jul 15, 2012 10:12 pm
uh-uhhhhhmmmmmm !!!!!
secret gear slut over here
By Blue Haze Sun Jul 15, 2012 11:08 pm
bliprock wrote:the Roland CR-78 is like a big brother version of the older rhythm Ace by the looks of it. I mean the look kinda same, but CR-78 has way more going on, instead of just the presets like samba.
I would like to get a DMX to play with, looks cool in that bad 80s retro way.
I have a Drumtraks here. good fun but the sounds depend on the UV EPROMS that are in it. So people replace the UV EPROMS with ones they burned themselves or bought.
Mine has some original and Linn Drum chips. But it takes 4 UV EPROMS to make a long drum hit sample. So four UV EPROMS for one cymbal sound. i looked into doing it my self as well, but they are a bugger to get out after how ever many decades they have been in there, so no, just replaced capacitors as they fail after so many years,
I think it says in the adverts that its the first ever MIDI drum machine to. So glad i do not have to use a tape deck machine to back the data on. , thats too old school that. Cos thats an option with the tape out and tape in. :lol:

Cool how is the sequencing of our drumtrak and the average price?
By bliprock Mon Jul 16, 2012 6:17 pm
96 PPQ resolution for the SCI Drumtraks sequencer. Its very good actually can record what you play via MIDI or on the buttons. Its crappy buttons, and in fact am lookin at doing some kind of DIY pad replacement. It would make it more fun to program. a couple are dodgy. Its just a switch so yeah means maybe some kinda better responsive pad to hit, but then its got MIDI so just hit MPC and send note data instead to trigger sounds and accent and pitch info.
It has multiple outs for different hits to, so out for snare, kick, hihats ect. as well as a summed mono.
99 patterns that can be copied and edited and a song mode to put them together with tempo and volume info. nifty and seems pretty solid tempo to it.
Cost? Well they are a classic now, but i got it second hand of some one i know who got it of some one else ect ect. So I got mates rates. I mean it is interesting Blue Haze, today with computers and all that, its worthless in some respects. But to a collector or some one that appreciates it then its worth some money. And as they are only becoming more rarer then eventually they might be worth a little more to collector an less to everyone else. So about $200-$400 maybe :hmmm:
I mean I would sell it but for a lot more, just cos there is not much chance i will see one ever again. Well maybe if i watch ebay for a year i might see one. I mean I do not actually see many of them for sale at all. So yeah its interesting that rarity of it might increase its value. Which I need to work out for insurance. What do you reckon? I looked on ebay and saw Emu Drumulator (I liked EMU stuff) and that was in england and pick up only. So what I have to fly to England, and that adds to cost, but it was only 325 Pounds = Au$495.93. Drumtracks is better than Emu thing i think, so more then i thought maybe if that sells then the current market value might be increasing to about $400-$600 then. i mean ebay is not a great way to figure prices but it does help get a ball park figure so to speak. Some people have no idea and ask way too much or way too little.

Oh and i saw a sequential Circuits Studio 440 and they are asking for $4999. :shock:
Thats a bit much, dont see any bids and no wonder. but 24 offers
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Rare-Sequential ... 500wt_1156

See thats a lot of cash, and there has been 24 offers and they still didnt take an offer so its still for grabs. Lol, maybe I should sell it for a totally inflated price, see if any one wants it for $2000 ONO. :smoker: In fact thats then only price i would accept cos it would have to cover the loss of 80s coolness that is the drumtraks.
By mr_debauch Mon Jul 16, 2012 6:23 pm
your drumtracks sounds good too blip... thanks again for hooking me up
By Lampdog Mon Jul 16, 2012 6:40 pm
* Lampdog hugs his tr808 even tighter.
By dryad-66 Mon Jul 16, 2012 9:11 pm
bliprock wrote:Oh and i saw a sequential Circuits Studio 440 and they are asking for $4999. :shock:
Thats a bit much, dont see any bids and no wonder. but 24 offers
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Rare-Sequential ... 500wt_1156

See thats a lot of cash, and there has been 24 offers and they still didnt take an offer so its still for grabs. Lol, maybe I should sell it for a totally inflated price, see if any one wants it for $2000 ONO. :smoker: In fact thats then only price i would accept cos it would have to cover the loss of 80s coolness that is the drumtraks.

man thats crazy.Peeps should check out the elektron machines.wild shiit...
By Blue Haze Tue Jul 17, 2012 3:55 am
I know that a lot of today's gear is a lot more advanced; however, what a lot of the classic gear the workflow and hands on experience using the dedicated controllers really stands out. For example tuning the individual drum for the sound you wanted, each sound having its own level fader and panning. Of course we have hidden menus that can do the same on mpcs but in the course of building a beat we can simplfy things by just tweaking. Prince is was a master at making the LM-1 sound like live percussion.