Forum for all other samplers & synths such as Maschine, MVs, Akai S & Z series, Roland, Korg, OP-1, analog synths etc.
By damien907 Wed Oct 09, 2013 9:13 am
:shock: :shock: :shock: that would suck! is there a way to reformat it? i guess i wouldnt want to find out :lol: :lol: :lol:
By mr_debauch Wed Oct 09, 2013 7:24 pm
damien907 wrote::shock: :shock: :shock: that would suck! is there a way to reformat it? i guess i wouldnt want to find out :lol: :lol: :lol:

the MV os isn't stored on a hard drive... it's stored on a flash rom chip on the motherboard. if the machine is bricked... it's bricked from flashing the OS too.... that is the problem. Maybe the techs at roland have some sort of boot-able device that will allow them to fix it.. who knows.
By SlickEddy Wed Oct 09, 2013 8:26 pm
I just wanted to jump in this thread to say that the MV is the best drum machine ever. haha. I don't know If I'll catch flack for it, but I can't help it. It has my 2KXL gathering dust. You can literally do just about anything in box with this thing. It's like an SP/MPC/DAW freaknasty 3 some.

P.S. Don't sleep on it's phonograph fx... Not quite as good as the 303 (wish it had the same compressor), but still damn good.
By damien907 Thu Oct 10, 2013 4:29 am
damnnn, that sucks, it would really suck if you bought it new and that shit happened!

@slickeddy, what is the phongraph fx? just like the viynl simulator effect on the sp's? or soemthing different?
By mr_debauch Thu Oct 10, 2013 4:38 am
damien907 wrote:damnnn, that sucks, it would really suck if you bought it new and that shit happened!

@slickeddy, what is the phongraph fx? just like the viynl simulator effect on the sp's? or soemthing different?

yeah but not as good.
By SlickEddy Thu Oct 10, 2013 5:30 am
mr_debauch wrote:
damien907 wrote:damnnn, that sucks, it would really suck if you bought it new and that **** happened!

yeah but not as good.

I have a 303 and yeah, it's not as grimey, but the vinyl sim on the MV is very competent if used correctly. It just doesn't have the compressor in the same fx. But with resampling, it doesn't matter. Time stretch + Phonograph + compressor fx on the MV is LETHAL
By damien907 Thu Oct 10, 2013 8:44 am
ah, so just resample with the phonograph, then add the compressor and its pretty much the same thing? thats good to know.

been looking at these on ebay lately :lol: :lol: :lol:
By Borat Mon Nov 25, 2013 2:51 pm
Hey, i have a quick question. I'm selling my mv8000(the 4th fader is broken), someone is interested but he wants to know if it's possible to use the mouse instead of this fader. I think it will work but i never used it with the monitor and mouse so i'm not sure?
By mr_debauch Mon Nov 25, 2013 9:46 pm
yeah for sure.. you don't need to use those faders. You can also go in the options and sort of disable them too... I forget the exact option setting.. it doesn't really disable them but It's been a while.

you can navigate and adjust the values with the jog wheel too If memory serves me.
By Borat Tue Nov 26, 2013 8:17 am
Ok cool, thanks!
By Ill-Green Wed Dec 04, 2013 1:14 am
mr_debauch wrote:yeah for sure.. you don't need to use those faders. You can also go in the options and sort of disable them too... I forget the exact option setting.. it doesn't really disable them but It's been a while.

you can navigate and adjust the values with the jog wheel too If memory serves me.

Yup and you don't even need a mouse, you can adjust the slider on the panel itself by highlighting the parameter and use the cursor keys or the jog wheel.
By moyphee Mon Dec 09, 2013 4:39 am
Borat wrote:...he wants to know if it's possible to use the mouse instead of this fader. I think it will work but i never used it with the monitor and mouse so i'm not sure?

Push the "Assignable Slider button. Grab the slider with the mouse and it works the same as the physical sliders.
By andreat668 Sat Jan 18, 2014 10:10 pm
Got an mv8800 last week, after some time within the machine i can say IMHO this shit is ultra dope!

Like it alot!

comin from hw mpcs, maschine and renaissance this box makes sense to me. , and almost all the feauture request people askin for the mpc software are already into the mv...

I would say is a very peculiar and powerfull machine, never used something like that.
By andreat668 Sat Jan 18, 2014 10:12 pm
im rtfm, anyway in pattern mode i couldnt find how to copy a midi track(data) to one pattern to nother.

i cant find anything on the manualas well, some help please?