Forum for all other samplers & synths such as Maschine, MVs, Akai S & Z series, Roland, Korg, OP-1, analog synths etc.
By picalo32 Sun Jan 19, 2014 3:41 am
In pattern mode's main screen, go into your piano roll page & and to the right there will be a tab for command, go into there and you will find copy, copy & paste, etc

I don't think you can copy data from one pattern to another, I might be wrong, maybe someone else can chime in
By andreat668 Sun Jan 19, 2014 11:46 am
I tried in piano roll and seq mode but you can copy/move event just within the same pattern...

For instance I would like to copy an 1/8 hi hat figure from midi track 3 pattern one to midi track 3 pattern four.
By Waxdatass Sun Jan 19, 2014 4:06 pm
Right off the top of my head I can think off two ways. If you have VGA, highlight the track you want to copy and right click. Down near the bottom of the menu you will see copy as new pattern. Click and select a new pattern number. Now your track will be a single track in a new pattern. Add as many tracks as in original pattern, then highlight your track again, right click and select move. Then select track 3 for example. A more simple way is to highlight track and right click. Down near bottom of the menu you will see copy as midi clip. Select copy as midi clip and now your track is on a clipboard. Open up a fresh pattern. Add as many tracks that are in original. Now go to track three, make sure your position is 1-1-000 (the very beginning) and then right click and go down menu until you see paste as midi clip. Select and now the track you want is where you want on a different pattern. Now the only thing you have to remember is that if you had a specific track quantize, or shuffle or template on the original you all have to add that to the new track. After you do this a few times you will find that it is really quick. You can have up to 100 midi clips on a clip board and you can name them. They are a seriously overlooked tool on the MV.
By andreat668 Mon Jan 20, 2014 12:36 pm
didnt think about the midi clip method!

Gonna try this out and ill let you guys know how it works.

Thanks!
By MVP7 Sat Jun 03, 2017 3:22 pm
:hmmm: I REALLY WANT TO KNOW HOW TO CONVERT AN AUDIO TRACK AND CHANGE IT TO A MIDI TRACK
ON THE MV 8000.
COULD YOU PLEASE GIVE ME SOME KIND OF INFORMATION, TUTORIAL, INSIGHT, AND VIDEO ON HOW TO DO IT.
I'VE TRY AND CAME FARLEY CLOSE.
THANKS FOR LISTENING
SXL...
By Ill-Green Sat Jun 03, 2017 7:37 pm
Thats a very tall order to do on the MV, all I've managed to do was chop up the entire audio track and play it on time in a MIDI track. I don't think the MV can do it at all.
By MVP7 Sun Jun 04, 2017 12:00 am
A Pritty sure it can I know that it's a BIG process.;
But there's other machines and software that can do it,. And besides there a Musician that's all over YouTube by the name of OVERLO
THAT EXPLAINS ON HOW IT CAN BE DONE IN SOME FASHION ON THE MV 8000. I'VE WATCHED A LOT OF HIS TUTORIALS BUT CAN'T SEEN TO FIND THAT ONE YET. IF U GET SOME TYPE OF INFORMATION COULD U REPLY ON IT.
In till then I'm on the hunt while working wonders on THE MV 8000
By TheUnfuckwithable Sun Jun 04, 2017 10:26 am
MVP7 wrote:HOW TO CONVERT AN AUDIO TRACK AND CHANGE IT TO A MIDI TRACK
ON THE MV 8000.

You need to specify your intent.

OH AND THERE´S NO NEED TO SHOUT. WE CAN HEAR YOU ALREADY!
By Ill-Green Sun Jun 04, 2017 5:13 pm
You can only explode a single MIDI track to many. Like you made a drum pattern using kick, snare and hi-hat on a single MIDI track, then you explode those sounds to different MIDI tracks as in kick on track 1, snare on track 2 and hi-hat on track 3. But audio tracks to MIDI is a very tedious task on the MV. Ableton is the only thing I know that can do it though.
By MVP7 Mon Jun 05, 2017 12:45 am
Well, low tone... how about to use the features in seq. edit such (Quantize..., Change Velocity..., Change Duration etc. How can I use them Changing audio into midi*)

Ps...by the way thinks a lot for everything [all ur help thanks again]
By MVP7 Fri Jun 16, 2017 9:02 pm
:idea: :idea: Well, low tone... how about to use the features in seq. edit such (Quantize..., Change Velocity..., Change Duration etc. How can I use them Changing audio into midi*)

Ps...by the way thinks a lot for everything [all ur help thanks again]
By Wormhelmet Sat Jun 17, 2017 1:47 am
I think its been stated that you can't convert audio to midi on the mv series. You can chop samples and assign them to pads and reprogram in midi, but no direct audio to midi converter. Use a 3rd party application to convert audio to midi if thats an absolute necessity for you.

The mv time stretches pretty damn good though for a ten year old sampler. Particulary on audio phrases. What is the purpose of converting audio to midi that you need so bad?

This one here is supposed to be good at audio to midi conversion - http://www.celemony.com/en/melodyne/what-is-melodyne