Forum for all other samplers & synths such as Maschine, MVs, Akai S & Z series, Roland, Korg, OP-1, analog synths etc.
By acronym Tue Aug 27, 2013 12:36 pm
MV is such a dope machine, the only niggle is I wish it had a slower profile.
By acronym Wed Aug 28, 2013 1:20 pm
crap sold my old mv8000 and now the volume dial apparently doesn't work according to the seller when he got it today.

Any suggestions?
By mr_debauch Wed Aug 28, 2013 1:45 pm
did he take insurance for shipping? cause a broken knob is a broken knob. that one sticks out.

if it's scratchy and staticky then he can deoxit the knob.... but if it's totally ****.... you gotta sort it out systematically according to the terms of your sale (ebay for example)
By acronym Wed Aug 28, 2013 1:57 pm
mr_debauch wrote:did he take insurance for shipping? cause a broken knob is a broken knob. that one sticks out.

if it's scratchy and staticky then he can deoxit the knob.... but if it's totally ****.... you gotta sort it out systematically according to the terms of your sale (ebay for example)

I paid for insurance and shipping to him, but damn the item was working and I did the diagnostics beforehand to make sure.

UK couriers are crap, so pissed off. The knob hasn't fallen off from his response seems like its not responding,.
By acronym Wed Aug 28, 2013 2:24 pm
also can anyone please at mnation get my username acronym approved, its been months but really need help.
By acronym Wed Aug 28, 2013 2:55 pm
it's that when you go past 3/4 volume it starts to crackle and go quieter. You have to push the volume knob into the unit to get it to affect the volume properly, if you don't push it in the volume stays low and the knob doesn't affect the volume anymore. It's definitely not your fault as the packaging was fine, I think it's more electrical

Any experts?
By mr_debauch Wed Aug 28, 2013 3:59 pm
deoxit... and maybe check mpc stuff or somewhere for info on what type of pot it is so it can eventually be replaced.

here is the thing, it's an old piece of used gear. that shit is general wear and tear. especially on a volume knob.
By Borat Fri Sep 06, 2013 11:42 pm
I'm selling my mv 8000 right now and I just noticed it is written mv 8800 on the back of the machine :? Does anyone have this too?
By monogee Sat Sep 07, 2013 1:33 am
What does it say on the face of the unit? That plate on the back where it say MV8800 is removable and may have been switched previously.
By Borat Sat Sep 07, 2013 12:42 pm
Oh ok, it says mv 8000 on the face, and i don't have any mv 8800 option so it was surely switched before.
By moyphee Fri Sep 13, 2013 1:38 pm
Ill-Green wrote:Thats a dope chart mr_debauch.
Pretty much updates 3.54 for the 8000, and 1.01 for the 8800 make them identical underneath the hood.

Both actually address the same issues with drift but 3.54 doesn't equate to 1.01. 3.54 for the 8000 doesn't add any of the enhancements of 1.01 for the 8800.
By moyphee Fri Sep 13, 2013 2:04 pm
acronym wrote:Cheers, if anyone has the time to help and answer some questions.

1. I chopped the sample up and assigned to a patch, however, I always have to goto quick edit and set the release and mute group to 1 for each pad in the patch. Is there a quicker way of setting all of them in one go?.

Go to Instruments >Patch Edit> Solo/Porta > Mono Mode = ON

This makes all 96 pads cut each other of at trigger in one shot. Easy!
By konc3pt Tue Sep 17, 2013 12:07 am
Borat wrote:Oh ok, it says mv 8000 on the face, and i don't have any mv 8800 option so it was surely switched before.

I sold one like that :lol:
By Airyck Fri Sep 27, 2013 8:46 pm
acronym wrote:it's that when you go past 3/4 volume it starts to crackle and go quieter. You have to push the volume knob into the unit to get it to affect the volume properly, if you don't push it in the volume stays low and the knob doesn't affect the volume anymore. It's definitely not your fault as the packaging was fine, I think it's more electrical

Any experts?

If it's crackling it's possible it's just dirty and the deoxit method is the best bet. The only problem is that without taking it apart you can't tell if you are getting the deoxit into the pot properly.

To be honest though....

It sounds like it took some physical damage. It's possible that you have cracked solder joint on the board where the knob connects, which would mean it just needs to be resoldered. Since it was okay before it shipped and now it's not it has to be because of shipping which indicates physical damage to the knob or circuitry it's attached to (Occams razor).

Unfortunately no matter what the circumstance is it needs to be taken apart to be examined.
By JUKE 179r Wed Oct 09, 2013 3:18 am
moyphee wrote:
Ill-Green wrote:Thats a dope chart mr_debauch.
Pretty much updates 3.54 for the 8000, and 1.01 for the 8800 make them identical underneath the hood.

Both actually address the same issues with drift but 3.54 doesn't equate to 1.01. 3.54 for the 8000 doesn't add any of the enhancements of 1.01 for the 8800.

And for the love of God... Don't try to update your 8000 OS with the 8800 OS and vise versa. Someone on MV Nation tried this shit they bricked their MV.