Forum for all other samplers & synths such as Maschine, MVs, Akai S & Z series, Roland, Korg, OP-1, analog synths etc.
By Horseclick Fri Aug 24, 2012 2:43 pm
Hey everyone,

First post on a mpc forum about a ASR :lol:

but i need some help, i dont wanna be messin with floppies or the eventual death of my scsi zip,

so what options i got ,

im located in london a quick search on ebay i see a external cf reader in what looks liek a scsi enclosure, i want something that i can replace the floppy ideally a multicard reader or usb anything that is small and i can carry with me with my asr.

i seen a cheapo usb floppy emulator for liek £20 bucks but im not sure if that will work, any one done a floppy emulator mod yet?

so i want a internal type solution but i also been trying to search scsi > sata/ide (i can them wire a ide to sata converter if it has to come to that), but the scsi emulators are more rare then rain drops in the sahara desert.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Horse
By Horseclick Fri Aug 24, 2012 8:32 pm
thanks clint,

you using the floppy device you linked me to ?

also the scsi card reader does it work with the asr x, i dont wanna buy something blind and find out that its not working.

regarding the floppy vs scsi wouldnt the scsi be the better route bigger capacity , faster and if someone could get a good emulator board up and running have many images daisy chained so you can access big partitions of each sector of a card......

any one contacted the guys at hcx in regards to a scsi device?

as there floppy drive is very advanced compared to cheaper options and supports alot of devices...but i fear that floppy emulation may not be my best bet for the asrx.
By Clint Sat Aug 25, 2012 12:57 pm
Plenty of people are using the HxC floppy emulators, I am not one of them. Click the link or search for the threads on this site.

Regarding the SCSI card reader, youre best bet is to ask the seller (mrcompactflashman). Some UK forum members have purchased card readers from him for their MPC's, theres a pretty good chance they'll work with the ASR-X.

Sure using a SCSI device is preferable to using a floppy, even if it isnt a card reader. There are other options which may be less convenient or less reliable long term.

All your questions have been asked many times before, so get your read on.

ASR-X Roll Call
viewtopic.php?f=42&t=111925

HxC Floppy Emulator
viewtopic.php?f=11&t=142435

Ensoniq ASR Help
viewtopic.php?f=42&t=106526