Forum for all other samplers & synths such as Maschine, MVs, Akai S & Z series, Roland, Korg, OP-1, analog synths etc.
By inflict3 Thu Aug 30, 2012 6:02 pm
Explicit- wrote:To add my 2 cents...

I went from a 500 to a 2500 with JJOS2 to a Maschine.
At first it was difficult for me to adjust. They work very different than an MPC but to add to that I would say that I didnt really have time to use the Maschine either. I even had it in storage for a few months to finish my last year of college. Since then though I have learned it very well I have deaded my MPC2500 with JJOS2.

I only use the Maschine now.
It has its differences but its a **** dope tool to use.
Plus at that price you really have nothing to lose.

yea, i have mikro and at first it was like "what"?? im more use to reason, and coming from a 500 and a 1000 shit was way different, but u can do the basic mpc tasks way quicker and for the most part more efficient. dont get me wrong, for some sick twisted reason i love chopping samples on my 500 :hmmm: but the quickness maschine lets u slam beats out is dope, and u can just add vsts on each pad/sample to warm it up, or what ever,. shit is dope,. u can have a synth/vst on one pad, yet play it on ur midi keyboard as a full synth, yet it only takes up one pad, its dope.. dont sleep on maschine., once they add the multicore support it will be a wrap., i cant make synth heavy electronic tracks on maschine cause of just the one core, like i can on reason, i would have to sample the synth lines before adding more or the cpu will max out sometimes after adding 2 synths, where as reason i can have like 20 synths pulled up., but using maschine like a mpc you have no problems., it is really a great tool, granted it is no daw,. but i would recommend it, and it keeps getting better and better with each update :)
By Metatron72 Fri Aug 31, 2012 3:59 am
inflict3 wrote:
Explicit- wrote:To add my 2 cents...

I went from a 500 to a 2500 with JJOS2 to a Maschine.
At first it was difficult for me to adjust. They work very different than an MPC but to add to that I would say that I didnt really have time to use the Maschine either. I even had it in storage for a few months to finish my last year of college. Since then though I have learned it very well I have deaded my MPC2500 with JJOS2.

I only use the Maschine now.
It has its differences but its a **** dope tool to use.
Plus at that price you really have nothing to lose.

yea, i have mikro and at first it was like "what"?? im more use to reason, and coming from a 500 and a 1000 **** was way different, but u can do the basic mpc tasks way quicker and for the most part more efficient. dont get me wrong, for some sick twisted reason i love chopping samples on my 500 :hmmm: but the quickness maschine lets u slam beats out is dope, and u can just add vsts on each pad/sample to warm it up, or what ever,. **** is dope,. u can have a synth/vst on one pad, yet play it on ur midi keyboard as a full synth, yet it only takes up one pad, its dope.. dont sleep on maschine., once they add the multicore support it will be a wrap., i cant make synth heavy electronic tracks on maschine cause of just the one core, like i can on reason, i would have to sample the synth lines before adding more or the cpu will max out sometimes after adding 2 synths, where as reason i can have like 20 synths pulled up., but using maschine like a mpc you have no problems., it is really a great tool, granted it is no daw,. but i would recommend it, and it keeps getting better and better with each update :)

Yeah Multicore is the only thing with Maschine I truly MUST have. It was in a beta and worked fine, but apparently some people's i3/i5/i7 cpu's had issues. I use it standalone a lot where the lack of multicore is a huge hindrance, also I have almost ever top VST synth (licensed even) so it's extra frustrating.

With VST/AU instances you can at least load 6 more Maschine instances and each will get it's own physical core in most DAWS that hyper/multithread. Maybe even 7 if the DAW is using 1 physical core+1 virtual. But it's hardly an elegant workaround.

I've been going in Reason and seeing just how much you can load into 24GB of RAM, when I can do that in one instance of Maschine I will be real happy.
By sparq Fri Aug 31, 2012 2:35 pm
i have a very noob question about maschine... i don't have one nor do i want one but every video i've seen about it the person press record and hit the pad at the same time. does maschine not have a record count in?
By Undertow Fri Aug 31, 2012 7:22 pm
So those Isaac Newton pads have 16 hues and 3 states of intensity apparently (enough for visual organization, like Pro Tools and Logic, etc).

I saw those images yesterday, they're definitely trying hard to capitalize off the after-market customizations by offering their own this round. They added some OK hardware tweaks but they're still arguably relatively minor. If they don't offer an upgrade for current users I can only see new Maschine buyers getting these.

The pad sensitivity improvement sounds alluring though. The mk1 pads were actually pretty damned sensitive as they were, reminiscent of the Padkontrol.

sparq wrote:does maschine not have a record count in?

It does.
By damien907 Fri Aug 31, 2012 11:32 pm
sparq wrote:i have a very noob question about maschine... i don't have one nor do i want one but every video i've seen about it the person press record and hit the pad at the same time. does maschine not have a record count in?

99% sure it does.
By mastasteez Sat Sep 01, 2012 1:11 am
damien907 wrote:
sparq wrote:i have a very noob question about maschine... i don't have one nor do i want one but every video i've seen about it the person press record and hit the pad at the same time. does maschine not have a record count in?

99% sure it does.

Of course it does. People just impatient with this shit.
By mastasteez Sat Sep 01, 2012 1:15 am
undertow wrote:The mk1 pads were actually pretty damned sensitive

Me too. The pads on MKI are fine but then again I'm not a dedicated finger drummer
By Dodgedriver82 Sat Sep 01, 2012 2:27 pm
I just went and did mine myself, i was bored plus i only paid 200 for my mikro after sales and coupons, i wont go back and spend 350 for an epileptic seizure in a box Image
By damien907 Sat Sep 01, 2012 6:30 pm
mastasteez wrote:
damien907 wrote:

99% sure it does.

Of course it does. People just impatient with this shit.

yeah i feel that, i think dude didnt own one though, and i dont have one either and couldent be **** with looking it up in the manual :lol:

seems like a pretty universal standard for music gear.
By Blue Haze Sat Sep 08, 2012 11:09 pm
I have been using of maschine since ver 1.5 and I love how with each free update I get new operations and tools. But since I already had massive, Kontakt, and battery, 1.8 inclusion wasn't a biggie for me. But I do admit being able to include presets and automap the parameters from maschine is cool. As far as the controller with the new lights and customization, see it as a minor upgrade. If I was a brand new maschine user hey, wow that is cool. But since I already has the old controller hmmm and the new os 1.8 runs on all controllers maschine and micro maschine, it makes no difference.

I'm looking forward to 1.8 features and the new kits that come with it. And I plan to operate it within my Ren also.