Forum for all other samplers & synths such as Maschine, MVs, Akai S & Z series, Roland, Korg, OP-1, analog synths etc.
By OweMoney Wed Aug 29, 2012 6:57 pm
Nice I just scooped a new Mikro1 yesterday for $200. I can't wait to get working on it! Now there is a operating system upgrade and additional included virtual bass/lead/synth. Best economical gear purchase I think I have ever made! I couldn't imagine this controller and technology dropping any lower in cost so after researching for a long time I finally bought in.

Do you think they are going to phase out selling the package with Maschine1/Mikro1 controllers and raise the price back up on the Maschine2/Mikro2?
By ceasi Wed Aug 29, 2012 7:33 pm
Yo this fckn guy closed the thread before I was done editing.
By dorsey Wed Aug 29, 2012 8:10 pm
Hellfire..... You said by the time ur done with a maschine song, you still have 7-8 free groups...

How is that possible when there are only 8 groups to start with??

Im asking to see if Im overlooking a feature, If you load a group ( myharddrums1) on group 1, then do a pattern

Then group 2 load another of your groups and stack the snare

then a 3rd and add a crash and snare roll.....

you see what I mean? In an mpc I can have 64 programs up on bootup of my best kits and only use the programs I want, but I never need to browse....
By monogee Wed Aug 29, 2012 8:43 pm
How much is the New Maschine gonna go for price wize?
By Metatron72 Wed Aug 29, 2012 8:57 pm
dorsey wrote:Hellfire..... You said by the time ur done with a maschine song, you still have 7-8 free groups...

How is that possible when there are only 8 groups to start with??

Im asking to see if Im overlooking a feature, If you load a group ( myharddrums1) on group 1, then do a pattern

Then group 2 load another of your groups and stack the snare

then a 3rd and add a crash and snare roll.....

you see what I mean? In an mpc I can have 64 programs up on bootup of my best kits and only use the programs I want, but I never need to browse....

Not trying to answer for Hellfire, but when I end up with a bunch off empty groups in Maschine it's usually because I used VST's. Each VST only takes up one pad. If you are stacking the drums with layering (key mapping actually on Maschine) on one pad that cuts down a lot of the pad/group usage. (although I often just use the method you described as I would on my MPC's). So that's one way a Maschine session would only use 1 or 2 groups in my experience.

I agree with some of you guys that this hardware update seems a little underwhelming although looks solid.
By Lampdog Wed Aug 29, 2012 9:08 pm
So will anyone talk shit about these lights too, just wondering, too busy being hyprocrites?!?

a light is a light is a light.
By Metatron72 Wed Aug 29, 2012 9:15 pm
Lampdog wrote:So will anyone talk **** about these lights too, just wondering, too busy being hyprocrites?!?

a light is a light is a light.

I like that you can assign whatever color you like. Probably go with some Pan African colors like a Novation Launchpad over that purple though.
By Lampdog Wed Aug 29, 2012 9:19 pm
Metatron72 wrote:I like that you can assign whatever color you like.

That sounds pretty cool.

inflict3 wrote:double rainbow!!! lollollollol!!!!!!!!

:lol: :lol: :lol: "So intense"

my question, intense enough to have 100 orgasms a day?
By psr Wed Aug 29, 2012 9:29 pm
pspsounds wrote:So current Maschine owners would get the 1.8 update for free right? Maybe this will motivate Akai to make constant updates. :nod:

Yep
From NI twitter
"NI_News @nadudBot @NI_Maschine Yes: all features of the free 1.8 update will be available to existing Maschine users, too, including Massive."
By inflict3 Wed Aug 29, 2012 9:34 pm
psr wrote:
pspsounds wrote:So current Maschine owners would get the 1.8 update for free right? Maybe this will motivate Akai to make constant updates. :nod:

Yep
From NI twitter
"NI_News @nadudBot @NI_Maschine Yes: all features of the free 1.8 update will be available to existing Maschine users, too, including Massive."

BAM!!!! **** yes!!!!!!!!!! :fku:
By dorsey Wed Aug 29, 2012 9:42 pm
I dont get it.... who doesnt already have massive?
By mastasteez Wed Aug 29, 2012 9:48 pm
It wasn't available in my software, bought 4 or 5 months back.

Hardware wise they've made it customisable and added a larger data wheel with some more buttons on that section but not much else.

The software upgrade is where it's at.
By Explicit- Wed Aug 29, 2012 10:40 pm
**** yea Im excited about this!!!

The features I wanted are on 1.8 now so Maschine to me is missing nothing anymore. :mrgreen:

Plus Im getting Massive!!! :fku:
By mr_debauch Wed Aug 29, 2012 10:51 pm
dorsey wrote:I dont get it.... who doesnt already have massive?

the correct question is... who doesn't already have a pirated copy of all of NI's software aside from the maschine software?

the point is... it's a legit copy, for free to users of maschine. Plus they are likely to create piles of new presets... and maybe they will add new sounds.

How can anyone complain about all that for free when you already have the product?